Is DCUC anyone else's first foray back into the DC world?

Lady Jaye

Well to be honest this line has gotten me back into DC like no other line ever did since Super Powers!! I mean just plain beautiful and faithful renditions of DC's icons and not so icons!!! I gotta say not since Super Powers have I been into DC like this line!! Of course money being tight as it is, as well as the space, I only will collect the biggies, you know the Super Powers. Plus the Legion of Doom!!! Just the figures from one of my favorite cartoons as a lil girl!!

I do have to say, I'm a bit dissapointed in Big Red, his eyes are way too open, he should be squinting a whole lot more IMHO!!

Otherwise these figures are the Super Powers for the next gen and us older kids!!! @smilepunch@ Glad to be back into DC and the first time I stop by the DC boards!! @hmmm@ ML loss is DC's gain!

Well, my first real introduction to the DC Universe was actually the animated Justice League cartoon and its follow-up Justice League Unlimited. You see, I'm from the Netherlands and besides Batman and Superman, the rest of the DC universe are obscure characters. But watching the J.L.U. made me realise how rich and diverse the DC Universe really is. When Mattel got the license for the entire DC universe, I could not have been more happier. I hope they do realistic, comic acurate versions of all the characters that appeared in the cartoons.

Exactly!!! While compared to todays standards the Super Powers line is vintage to put it nicely, it represented the best versions of the DC characters at the time!! And they still hold up today in some aspect!! They will always hold a special place in my heart!!

The new Classics line is a dream for many of us!! And while I will only limit myself to the Super Friends and Legion of Doom characters and a select few others, for many of you all, this is the chance to finally get the ultimate version of well hopefully the entire DC mythos!! Even though that will be tough!! How many Supermen are there???? :P

I LOVED Super Powers when I was a kid...then something happened and I threw my loyalty to Marvel.....until last winter when I discovered DCSH....not only did it bring me back to DC figures but from there I wanted to read about all of these cool characters....I dropped most of my marvel stuff and have begun reading mainly DC books now....so yeah....DCSH brought me back...

I've always enjoyed DC Comics, but DCSH and now especially more than ever with DCUC, I'm getting into it on whole new level. Glad to read others are too! It's a great line and still has a lot of room for improvement since it's not yet a year old.

As a kid it was frustrating reading DC b/c I loved the stories and heroes, but Marvel and at the time Image, had all the cool toys. It's taken a while, but worth the wait to see DC's Heroes get their due with action figures!

I've always enjoyed DC Comics, but DCSH and now especially more than ever with DCUC, I'm getting into it on whole new level. Glad to read others are too! It's a great line and still has a lot of room for improvement since it's not yet a year old.

As a kid it was frustrating reading DC b/c I loved the stories and heroes, but Marvel and at the time Image, had all the cool toys. It's taken a while, but worth the wait to see DC's Heroes get their due with action figures!

well....after the Super Powers figs and the secret wars figs, marvel kept making stuff. DC came back in '89 with BATMAN the movie figs and '91-'92 with the DC superheroes line. then it dryed up(except batman toon toys and legends of the dark knight) marvel had alot of toons and figs(silver surfer, ironman, x men, spidey, FF, avengers, ghost rider, to name a few) so alot of people got used to marvel.