Is anyone else tired of the corrected updates???

Lady Jaye

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, I'm assuming so, but haven't been able to log on in a long time!!

Anyhow anyone else annoyed with Hasbro and their tweaking of figures to get them more to their ARAH counterparts like the second time around?? I mean why can't they get it right the first time??? Luckily I've skipped over all the crappy first edition figures like Flint, Serpentor, Zartan, etc!! But I'm sure many of my collecting brethren haven't. I did get the Beach Head and now here they come with a "better" version. Glad to see a better Snake Eyes v 2, and a slightly better Zartan.

Has anyone else skipped the earlier figures, or are you mad that you got em and now have to get the more accurate ARAH inspired figures???

I actually quite liked the first versions of BeachHead and SE v2. Zartan and Serpentor bothered me, but I can live with losing $20 on them. IMO the new BeachHead, while his vest is more classic, looks worse, same with the new SE, too cartoony. I like a bit more realism with the new line.

@can@

The RAH-like remakes don't bother me, as I only pick up a figure if I like it to begin with. I like all the subtle (or not so subtle) changes in the figures/characters. What I don't like is Hasbro putting out a figure that has some sort of limitation, like the diaper crotches, and then months later re-releasing a corrected version of the same figure. Flint, Beachhead, Firefly, Snake Eyes, Duke, etc. are all examples of figures that were or will be re-released to fix previous design flaws. It's gotten to the point where if that happens, I'll buy the updated version and return the outdated version in its place if I can't salvage it for custom fodder. Now what I really hate is when the put the corrected versions in comic packs or battle packs.

This is a bit of a delima. On one hand it does suck that they can't just make them right the first time around and therefore makes me spend money on the fixed version later. But I would also be a little upset if they just ignored the fans and didn't bother fixing them.

Ahh yes I know what you mean, like the updated Major Bludd!! Hasbro knows how to get the bucks from some of us!!

I too wait!! I saw the Major and skipped on it. Now hopefully we'll get a good version released carded!!

Hey Lady Jaye, haven't seen you in a while! I think it's marketing pure and simple. Hasbro needs to have constant product out there, it just sucks they make the best ones arguably later. Plus they know that we'll buy the figures then and again later with new molds or new parts. That's one of the main reasons I got out of Star Wars. I collected them through the nineties and began collecting the superior remakes of characters in the early 2000's. It got to be too much so I stopped the whole thing.

I'm wondering if I should return figures to the store like Lady Jaye(no offense :P ), Zartan, Serpentor just because they are making new versions.

Ahh yes I know what you mean, like the updated Major Bludd!! Hasbro knows how to get the bucks from some of us!!

I too wait!! I saw the Major and skipped on it. Now hopefully we'll get a good version released carded!!

You know, to this day I don't understand what everyone disliked about Major Bludd (please not I'm not saying that everyone should like him, just that I don't see the problem). Yes, the armor isn't an exact duplicate of the original's, but neither is the new one based off Flash's torso. To me, it makes more sense for Bludd to have the larger armor to protect from his rocket pistol. I'll admit freely that the skull belt-buckle and wrist chain should have been changed, but I don't feel that those ruin the figure. I personally like the older version better than the new one.

To me there have been far worse figures: Serpentor, Crankcase, Leatherneck and Red Star.

@can@

I wouldn't consider figures like Serpentor and Zartan as crappy since they were never intended to be RAH accurate, but rather a slight revision of it.

However, figures like the diaper crotch or elbows that limit articulation is what I consider crappy. I mean, we are gettin a better Helmet Cobra Commander and I am pleased we are since the previous version had a really small head

stuff like that bothers me, but I am happy we are gettin improved ver of the figures.

As for Serpentor and Zar, we were told years ago that they were goin to release them in their original costumes, so l would think some ppl knew about that.

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, I'm assuming so, but haven't been able to log on in a long time!!

Anyhow anyone else annoyed with Hasbro and their tweaking of figures to get them more to their ARAH counterparts like the second time around?? I mean why can't they get it right the first time??? Luckily I've skipped over all the crappy first edition figures like Flint, Serpentor, Zartan, etc!! But I'm sure many of my collecting brethren haven't. I did get the Beach Head and now here they come with a "better" version. Glad to see a better Snake Eyes v 2, and a slightly better Zartan.

Has anyone else skipped the earlier figures, or are you mad that you got em and now have to get the more accurate ARAH inspired figures???

the new Serpentor is worse than the original 25th version. at least the original is supposed to be a new look. the new one is a half-assed amalgamation between the two attempting to be passed off as v.1 accurate.

This is a bit of a delima. On one hand it does suck that they can't just make them right the first time around and therefore makes me spend money on the fixed version later. But I would also be a little upset if they just ignored the fans and didn't bother fixing them.

Yeah. This is how I see it. They should get it right on the first try, but they only do about half the time, and I apperciate that they at least try to go back and fix them. Although I wish it didn't take them so many tries with some guys.

It's as bad as DVD's: Theatrical Release, Extended Release, Unrated Release, Uncut Release, Director's Cut, Extended Unrated Uncut Director's Release.

Do it right, or don't do it at all. Do or do not, there is no try.

I'm afraid this is just how it's going to be. G.I. Joe vs Cobra - Spy Troops - Valor Vs Venom - Sigma Six were lines that represented the future of G.I. Joe. As if to say that is what happened AFTER 1994. The 25th figures however are retro. They are based on stuff from a specific point in the past and as such, like Star Wars there are only so many characters in so many "costumes" that can really be done. This means we are going to see the same characters over and over and over again with each more than likely being better than the version before it. Yeah it would be nice if Hasbro got it right the first time but that would be like expecting them to have got Darth Vader right back in 1995 and not redoing it again since.

I knew this was going to happen but didn't expect them to start redoing characters/costumes so soon. At least with Star Wars they waited a year or 2. I think the wisdom here would be to choose wisely. Don't be a completest and don't buy a figure just because you like the character. Make sure the quality of the figure itself is good first.

It's as bad as DVD's: Theatrical Release, Extended Release, Unrated Release, Uncut Release, Director's Cut, Extended Unrated Uncut Director's Release.

Do it right, or don't do it at all. Do or do not, there is no try.

I officially proclaim this the best reply to this thread so far. You hit the proverbial nail right square on the head my friend...

And welcome back Lady Jaye!!

The advantage of being broke all of the time (mortgage, student loans, kids, car, etc...) is that it takes me a long time to get around to buying things. It seems that more often than not by time I'm ready to buy something, they announce the even better version to come!

On a side note, I don't recommend being broke all of the time.

It doesn't really bother me, if I prefer one of their updates I'll buy it. Star Wars (all the time) and Marvel Legends have done similar updates, so I guess it can be expected.

Hasbro did it with Star Wars Power of the Force... I don't see them stopping with Joes. It all started with the days of "muscle-shirt" Luke and "monkey face" Leia... how many times have those costumes been redone since 1995?

I guess from here on out, be choosy about what you pick up. If there are several issues with it, chances are they'll fix it later on down the road.

I agree LJ that it's annoying and whatnot, but like others have already stated (as much) it's probably not going to ever change. :(

When a figure first comes out, it's hard to decide if to get it, or pass on it because of some feature or problem with it, that doesn't suit our personal preference, thinking we'll WAIT and see if they fix or change it, because sometimes they do and sometimes they DON'T. They never release anything with a sidenote claiming they'll "soon be releasing a PROPER version of this highly anticipated character, so in the meantime, please enjoy our first halfassed crack at it until then" but that's kinda how it turns out anyway. ^_^

The OTHER annoying aspect of all this do and REdo crap, is the fact it takes up valuable slots for maybe other figures/characters to get made finally, instead of just ANOTHER of the same character with slight changes or color schemes. @grumpy@ Seeing how the plug can get pulled so quickly and easily on all this stuff, it's disappointing that they take up so much space and time redoing what should have been right in the first place, considering all the "experience" they should have at it by now and all the access to popular opinions on the stuff, via the internet...if they care to look BEFORE they slap it all together?

No figure is EVER going to be "perfect" to the masses, as there's too much to choose from (from over the years) and we all have different tastes and opinions on what's the "best' or the "coolest" version and era of which they stood out to us each individually, but some of this stuff is kinda stupid. Stupid in the way of figure concepts and articualtion features they come up with for them, that leaves us scratching our heads thinking..."they should know better than THAT by now?"

The thing is though that companies come up with better ways to make their figures whether it is articulation of likenesses or whatever. I like getting a Luke Skywalker or even Duke who is better than before.

It would be nice if they were made perfect the first time but nothing can ever be perfect but that should not stop companies from striving to be closer to it.

It's pointless to skip the first versions of figures to wait for a better one later. You take the chance on missing out on someone because you put it off and they maybe never got remade anyway. You never know until it happens and that could be years later. If you are going to do that you might as well wait forever.

I'm hoping to see more corrected versions, to be quite honest. Of course I'm tired of the fact that they can't get it right the first time, but if that's the way it has to be, that's the way it has to be...

I'm hoping to see more corrected versions, to be quite honest. Of course I'm tired of the fact that they can't get it right the first time, but if that's the way it has to be, that's the way it has to be...

It's sort of hard to decide which figures to pass on when you're only going to get 1 or 2 chances to buy it at retail. Sure the original serpentor sucks compared to the newer one but the newer one still doesn't look perfect. The whole figure should be that darker shiny gold color instead of that tan color.

If there is a figure I have no interest in at all though like possibly the Wraith figure coming out... I probably wouldn't buy it at retail the first time around I saw it or on their 2nd, 3rd etc revision of it.

The new Lady Jaye figure looks way better but it's still a lil off. At least she has better accessories.

And welcome back Lady Jaye!!

Thanks good to be back, glad to see that there's something to talk about. Last time I was here was during the VvV line!!

When a figure first comes out, it's hard to decide if to get it, or pass on it because of some feature or problem with it, that doesn't suit our personal preference, thinking we'll WAIT and see if they fix or change it, because sometimes they do and sometimes they DON'T. They never release anything with a sidenote claiming they'll "soon be releasing a PROPER version of this highly anticipated character, so in the meantime, please enjoy our first halfassed crack at it until then" but that's kinda how it turns out anyway. ^_^

Ha ha ha, half assed crack!! Aint that the truth. I mean come on, these guys were catering to the adult collector who are reminiscing of their Joes of old!! They should know better than to just simply repaint something without trying to mix and match the perfect combination!!! Obviously Flint was their first #$## up!! And boy did they #$## that up!! It just shows laziness or worse greed!!!

It's pointless to skip the first versions of figures to wait for a better one later. You take the chance on missing out on someone because you put it off and they maybe never got remade anyway. You never know until it happens and that could be years later. If you are going to do that you might as well wait forever.

Actually from what we've been seeing...it's not!! I bought Beach Head cause he was well done, but now a much better version is coming! Passed on many of the sub par figures, Flint, my namesake, Bludd, etc!!! And now I'm glad I did, here comes the good versions!!! Patience is key, I see that with this line!!

Actually from what we've been seeing...it's not!! I bought Beach Head cause he was well done, but now a much better version is coming! Passed on many of the sub par figures, Flint, my namesake, Bludd, etc!!! And now I'm glad I did, here comes the good versions!!! Patience is key, I see that with this line!!

At first though did anyone have any idea this Beach Head would be made? No.

For all we know there will never be another Doc with better arms. Should we skip this one just because a few figures have been remade better?

That was the point I was making.

Plus, why get this comic pack Beach Head? There could be a a better one than this later even. When do you draw the line and say ok this is the one.

Look at the Star Wars line. Admiral Ackbar really needs tio be made again and updated. We are going on like 10 years or something waiting for that. It might not ever happen. We might not ever get a better Cutter with his own head. Heck you can take every Joe figure made in the 25th Ann. line and find something can could be better but who knows if it will happen to all of them. I'm sure a few will be remade better but I doubt they all will. So you find yourself asking who do I get now and who do I pass on with the small hope that they are remade better down the line.

At first though did anyone have any idea this Beach Head would be made? No.

For all we know there will never be another Doc with better arms. Should we skip this one just because a few figures have been remade better?

That was the point I was making.

Plus, why get this comic pack Beach Head? There could be a a better one than this later even. When do you draw the line and say ok this is the one.

Look at the Star Wars line. Admiral Ackbar really needs tio be made again and updated. We are going on like 10 years or something waiting for that. It might not ever happen. We might not ever get a better Cutter with his own head. Heck you can take every Joe figure made in the 25th Ann. line and find something can could be better but who knows if it will happen to all of them. I'm sure a few will be remade better but I doubt they all will. So you find yourself asking who do I get now and who do I pass on with the small hope that they are remade better down the line.

I concur. I mean if you look at the joe vs cobra line, there has never been a oring version of the first t crotch Storm Shadow in the white colours. Sure, they fixed the toy, but the one fixed is an army builder with strange reptile skin. They also have made an updated fig of SS, but depending on who you ask, some ppl hated that version since the outfit was more of a chinese suit than a ninja attire.

A better example would be Joe vs cobra wetsuit who have not received a 2nd toy (not countin repaints), yet alone a fixed version of the wave 1 sculpt

I say bring on the fixes.. I'd much rather have a fixed correct figure, than some crappy wannabee.. I throw them into the fodder bin and then replace them with the new ones.. I see it as.. hey, I needed 25th fodder anyway, lol.. or, since I'm moving, I haven't really opened an figs since around wave 2... so most of mine have been in boxes, I sold like 15 figs of the ones that I knew we were getting new or repainted ones in battle packs or comic packs or whatever and I gotta go through them again to see what else I have(extra BH or what not) that I can sell.

Anyway, I'd rather get the new ones, than be stuck with the stinkers they gave us...

Of course it would be better if they got it right the first time around. But i would rather have a chrome head on Destro and a proper vest on Zartan.Even if it means buying another figure.