Hasbro Screws Up At SDCC!

Outsiders

I caught word of this on another forum but the latest word going on is that Hasbro mainly let every dealer under the sun who is at SDCC stand in line during preview night and let them go at it...

People are making claims that dealers are walking away with cases upon cases of Cobra Commanders and everything else that Hasbro was selling for exclusives... There is like no limits on the exclusives...

I heard Mattel is just as bad so I would say it will be very slim pickings of any exclusives will be left over come Monday...

@lol@

Sorta like letting all the obese people go thru the ALL you can eat buffet line FIRST and then the skinny people last?

I caught word of this on another forum but the latest word going on is that Hasbro mainly let every dealer under the sun who is at SDCC stand in line during preview night and let them go at it...

People are making claims that dealers are walking away with cases upon cases of Cobra Commanders and everything else that Hasbro was selling for exclusives... There is like no limits on the exclusives...

I heard Mattel is just as bad so I would say it will be very slim pickings of any exclusives will be left over come Monday...

If that is true then your title should read:

Hasbro Screws Up At SDCC AGAIN!

If I remember correctly this is what happened last year with PD Destro.

If that is true then your title should read:

Hasbro Screws Up At SDCC AGAIN!

If I remember correctly this is what happened last year with PD Destro.

yea but i liked the destro much more than this CC

A little off topic but it reminds me of the BS withthe Jorg Sacul figure back in 2002 at C2.The 2 figure minimum was broken left and right.There were whole case that went out the door.I agree this doen't suprise me and I think this was a(insert hate mail)lame.

Just talked to another guy and everytime he goes to Mattel, the line is capped off and he still has a ticket from 10AM-12PM and Mattel keeps telling him to come back later and try again...

I think they'll still have some for the web, especially Mattel... you can't really launch a site with no merchandise... I guess we'll find out soon enough.

you know it could just mean that there will be alot of the exclusive stuff avalible though Hasbrotoyshop , and that they made alot of them.

I can personally attest to this. It was absolutely insane! I waited in line from 7:45 till after 3 in the Hasbro and Mattel lines! There were limits for us. In fact VH I had to convince someone else to buy an extra one for you! The tickets were nearly worthless! They gave out so many tickets we didn't even make it during our 2 hour window!

We were in line at Hasbro from 7:45 (to get the tickets) until 12:30 and Mattel from 12:45 till 3:30. The Mattel line wrapped around other booths.

But the good news is I was able to get everything I promissed to people. I don't know if I have it in me to do that again next year. We missed a bunch of panels. But at least its out of the way and I can make all the really good panels.

Quick note...even the Convention crew were fed up with Hasbro. There was a bunch of confusion on the preview night about the tickets and we overheard a couple of the workers saying "They do this every year!"

This indeed does suck!! I would love Hasbro to actually care of the real consumer and allow the dealers to take out as many cases as they want, but then come back and allow the consumer to take as many!! Leave the dealers with a glutton of Cobra Commanders!!! Hasbro sure can stick it to the consumer sometimes!!

This indeed does suck!! I would love Hasbro to actually care of the real consumer and allow the dealers to take out as many cases as they want, but then come back and allow the consumer to take as many!! Leave the dealers with a glutton of Cobra Commanders!!! Hasbro sure can stick it to the consumer sometimes!!

What amases me is that several stores up here have limits placed on their ordering abilities for Mass Market cases, yet no such limit is imposed on these exclusives. How the heck did Hasbro come up with that one? @hmmm@

@can@

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466101

we're tearing into this guy... I guess he had like 4-5 friends with him, waiting in lines for him getting stuff for him, while he walked around and watched panels and crap like that.. he "claims" that he barely waited in lines.. I really doubt that, and I hope his friends demand him pay for their food and hotel and badges, lol

I can personally attest to this. It was absolutely insane! I waited in line from 7:45 till after 3 in the Hasbro and Mattel lines! There were limits for us. In fact VH I had to convince someone else to buy an extra one for you! But the good news is I was able to get everything I promissed to people.

Maaaan...I was JUST going to send you a pm after reading about this. I was wondering if you were still going to be able to get any extras for us or not? {{whew!}}

Truly appreciate it man, knowing the headache it all must have been and the TIME consumption of it all! THANKS!! :)

we're tearing into this guy... I guess he had like 4-5 friends with him, waiting in lines for him getting stuff for him, while he walked around and watched panels and crap like that.. he "claims" that he barely waited in lines.. I really doubt that, and I hope his friends demand him pay for their food and hotel and badges, lol

Joe if you could reply to this

http://board.spawn.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=49

and remind him Hasbrotoyshop.com should have plenty for $9.99. I hope people will realise how foolish it is to deal with scalpers like this.

Well i did not go to SDCC AGAIN =(

But sent my friend with a wad o cash. On thursday preview night he waited in line watching dealers and "friends" of hasbrotoyshop get cases and they kicked him and everyone still in line out when room closed.

Today he waited several times and saw people with cases again. but i got lucky. He got me a black suit Commander & combat heroes, 1 per person for us "little people".

Pisses me off that hasbrotoyshop staff are tools. You would think that after all the crap from last year they would be cooler, but nooooooooo.

Now i have to pray that he can get in line and get a blue version and or pony of doom

Well, it's not as bad as it sounds really.

Thursday morning I got in line for the HTS-ticket at 7:30 or so and had gone through the line completely by 11:15. Not really that much trouble except that I couldn't repeat the process. Went around offering people money left and right for their CCs! :)

On Saturday a friend of mine was handed an HTS ticket (by me) and I got a text message thirty minutes later that she got some more CCs. (They were out of the blue one by then.)

-Kevin

wow and i thought all the freaking joker paint on people's avatars was bad here... nearl everyone's in that topic had green hair and a big red smile... is that annoying to anyone but me?

wow and i thought all the freaking joker paint on people's avatars was bad here... nearl everyone's in that topic had green hair and a big red smile... is that annoying to anyone but me?

Almost as bad as the whole Civil War thing and I'm WITH....??? @lol@

Doesn't bother me that much. Just funny how everyone does it. FOLLOWERS!! @smilepunch@

Almost as bad as the whole Civil War thing and I'm WITH....??? @lol@

Doesn't bother me that much. Just funny how everyone does it. FOLLOWERS!! @smilepunch@

111joesigvl9.jpg

in case you wanna join in vh :D and yeah that civil war crap was annoying too.. no offense to darthjoe ;)

:( you know how much time I put into those I'm with sigs!!!!

imw.jpg

lol.. still one of my favs... but yeah, the whole TDK avatars has run it's course... I'm back to my reg avatar now... hmm... what's the next big movie coming out????