2008 SDCC - The Last of the Titaniums

Wheeljack35

Some of those look pretty cool! Probably expensive too... :unsure:

Ehhh... that's more than I can afford at the moment. I just bought a few things, so yea... :)

If they wanted to keep this line alive... They should have released Arcee... Shockwave and Cosmos...

'Cause they don't... Titaniums didn't do well at retail and Hasbro is giving the collector's a nice bit of closure, using the molds that made it past prototype stage. At least fans will get a complete set of seekers. Grimlock was a huge fan-request ever since WWI was in it's first printing-- too bad he's got a bad case of robot-lying-down-as-altmode syndrome! Maybe he and WWI Megatron can throw a benefit... Personally, I'l always be gratefull for my modern non-brick Scourge.

If they wanted to keep this line alive... They should have released Arcee... Shockwave and Cosmos...

'Cause they don't... Titaniums didn't do well at retail and Hasbro is giving the collector's a nice bit of closure, using the molds that made it past prototype stage. At least fans will get a complete set of seekers. Grimlock was a huge fan-request ever since WWI was in it's first printing-- too bad he's got a bad case of robot-lying-down-as-altmode syndrome! Maybe he and WWI Megatron can throw a benefit... Personally, I'l always be gratefull for my modern non-brick Scourge.

Since you are familiar with what I am talking about... Did they give a reason why those mold never made it past prototype stage?...

Since you are familiar with what I am talking about... Did they give a reason why those mold never made it past prototype stage?...

Not a clue. I never read any reason given by Hasbro on the various TF boards. Maybe somebody was on the tour where Hasbro originally showed off these beauties...? I would much rather have that Cosmos or Arcee than WWI Grimlock; maybe that one just lucked out and was a little futher ahead in the process when Hasbro axed the line. I remember Don Figueroa showing off prototype pics of Grim on TFW2005 (he actually helped in the design process) and lamenting the toy's at-that-time uncertain fate.

The human titaniums didn't sell well Who wants a titanium Bossk or a titanium clone trooper?

All the 6 inch line being Star Wars ships or Transformers did sell

I wonder if distribution wasn't a little different in your area-- I remember store shelves being glutted with unsold Scourges and Optimal Optimi that took forever to move! Aside from serious QC issues, I bet it was distribution problems that really doomed the line. To date I still haven't seen a Ti G1 Ultra Magnus with my own two eyes, even at Seattle's Emerald City Comicon...