SDCC Coverage Universe AKA Classics 2.0

Mike

Universe is just hitting stores and the Hasbro's showing it off at this year Previews Night. See shots of the 25th Aniiversary Optimus Prime reissues, Tread Bolt, Stormcloud, the 2-packs, Legends, Ironhide and much much more in the following link

http://tformers.com/transformers-2008-sdcc.../9893/news.html

ok my thoughts on these

25th anniversary prime = nothing special, same as the first US re-issue cept with some cool stuff, but doesn't justify the price

Nemesis Prime - Very cool looking, I've always loved the black repaints into evil robots

12 pack of minicons - lame repaints to make a buck

springer/ratbat/roadbuster/dirge = K... I would have MUCH prefered them to do a Roadbuster/Whirl set, that would have been so much cooler then repainting Evac into Springer. Then stick Ratbat in with Dirge, but what do I know...

I don't even know who or why they painted powerglide black, im not up on the transformers world enough, but I dont really care either, but it looks pretty good. Better then the white one.

another repaint of Evac only red now lol wow, that guy's mold as been busy :P

Ironhide and Bluestreak look great :D I can't wait to get Ironhide, he looks badass.

Sideswipe is HOT, and they better keep that new head!!!

rest is all old news

Darn...I was hoping they'd show off some new Deluxe and Voyager Universe Classics. This is just all the same stuff we've already seen.

freakin repaints this is what killed off the previous Universe line

You would think Hasbro learned that by now

habro will never learn. they do it will all lines. and it kills them off all the time. i love the true classics ie ironhide ,Bluestreak ,sideswipe . they rock man now see they can be repainted as they did have twins in the g1 line. i love iron hide. now i want to see ratchet. but repainting powerglade is wrong.

how many times do they have to repaint evac ??

i give the line a 80 out of 100 just keep the true classic coming . like jazz hound ect.

habro will never learn. they do it will all lines. and it kills them off all the time. i love the true classics ie ironhide ,Bluestreak ,sideswipe . they rock man now see they can be repainted as they did have twins in the g1 line. i love iron hide. now i want to see ratchet. but repainting powerglade is wrong.

how many times do they have to repaint evac ??

i give the line a 80 out of 100 just keep the true classic coming . like jazz hound ect.

I dont think we are getting a deluxe size Jazz... I really wanted one too cause he can actually be a "porsche"...

Nemesis Prime - Very cool looking, I've always loved the black repaints into evil robots

12 pack of minicons - lame repaints to make a buck

The problem with the mini-cons is they keep picking the SAME ones every time. There were a lot of them, especially if you include the ones that came with the larger Transformers (which I found interesting that the same Mini-Cons came with the repaints).

As for Nemesis Prime, I always thought they should have changed the names with the whole "mirror universe" thing to Autocon and Deceptibot.

You DO realize the point of the Universe line IS repaints, right? The reason Classics are in the line is because Transformers cannot support 4 lines (Universe, Classics, Animated and Robot Hero). I suspect that a lot of those figures were planned before the movie, hence why they are here in the first place.

The problem isn't that they are repaints, the problem is the CHOICE of mold they decide to include in the line. For example, we got to get Wind Sheer and Air Raid, previously only available in G2. Or the Micromaster Constructicons (and Aerialbots and Protectobots). Nemesis Strika (one of the rarer Beast Machines figures), Overbite (previously the Japanese Hellscream), Nemesis Prime (previously Japanese Big Convoy), and King Atlas (previously Machine Wars Starscream and, before that, a European exclusive), Soundwave and Space Case (Machine Wars Soundwave and G2 Space Case).

A lot of low availability molds mixed in with some peole had just picked up a year or 2 earlier.

freakin repaints this is what killed off the previous Universe line.You would think Hasbro learned that by now

You do realize the point of the Universe line is repaints, right?

Ok fixed and point taken

I just felt the caps were a bit harsh and if they weren't meant to be I apologize

man they rock i cant wait to get them. this is why i love the classic line. the ledges are cool but ill wait for the deluxe sizes i hope we get them. as i love Jazz,Cosmos, Beachcomber& Brawn.

they did hound so we should get the rest in deluxe sizes