Sign in to follow this  
shockerisback

guess who is coming haha

Wow, I've been hanging around another board devoted to minimates for awhile, I can't beleive it hasn't been brought up here already.

-Anyway the line-up for wave 24:

-Spiderman/Shocker

-Cosmic SM/Transformation Venom

-Back in Black SM/Kraven

-Tarantula variant

I'll be happy to get a shocker aswell. And it's also nice to have a second shot at a black suit spider-man, but overall I think this wave is a real letdown, there is no way we needed three more spider-men and another venom. But alot of people seem happy about these so to each their own.

Wow, I've been hanging around another board devoted to minimates for awhile, I can't beleive it hasn't been brought up here already.

-Anyway the line-up for wave 24:

-Spiderman/Shocker

-Cosmic SM/Transformation Venom

-Back in Black SM/Kraven

-Tarantula variant

I'll be happy to get a shocker aswell. And it's also nice to have a second shot at a black suit spider-man, but overall I think this wave is a real letdown, there is no way we needed three more spider-men and another venom. But alot of people seem happy about these so to each their own.

i agree with you. no more venoms and spidermans. well i love to have all the different costumes of spidey but black suit again?

i am all in for the villains now. kraven tarantula and shocker.

pics have surfaced from SDCC at another toy forum which i guess i dont know if i can disclose or whatever but they look pretty decent. Shocker is the only one that i actually want out of the set.

MUST GET THEM ALL!

Shocker would be cool!

100_4370.jpg

100_4369.jpg

100_4367.jpg

Awesome! Looking forward to them all! muhahaha

skrulls,

tran

cosmic

black

kraven

shocker

for me .. best thing about the skrulls is they hae the regular heads too :) which is why I want them

It's a bit of a letdown that after two PHENOMENAL waves where we got so many long-requested Avengers and X-Characters, we fall back into the frustrating mire of a wave full of spider-variations and venoms.

Shocker, Kraven and Tarantula look great but I have no interest in those Spider-men and Venoms. I think it says alot that after some eight years of this line, we still don't have a COMPLETE Sinister Six yet. Where's Vulture? Where's Electro? How about an apology Doc Ock with longer tentacles?

On the Skrull pack, I'm probably like most and looking forward to this set mostly because it offers us a Beast, Phoenix, and basically the unskrulled versions of these characters.

It's a bit of a letdown that after two PHENOMENAL waves where we got so many long-requested Avengers and X-Characters, we fall back into the frustrating mire of a wave full of spider-variations and venoms.

Shocker, Kraven and Tarantula look great but I have no interest in those Spider-men and Venoms. I think it says alot that after some eight years of this line, we still don't have a COMPLETE Sinister Six yet. Where's Vulture? Where's Electro? How about an apology Doc Ock with longer tentacles?

On the Skrull pack, I'm probably like most and looking forward to this set mostly because it offers us a Beast, Phoenix, and basically the unskrulled versions of these characters.

While I certainly agree with your post (not the most exciting wave) and 'missing list' (don't forget Lizard, Scorpion, and a slew of others), you must understand that this (and the upcoming IronMan wave) is essentially (and intentionally) a rehash asst. using existing parts. After an onslaught of Minimate goodness (and many new costly casts) this past year, this is sort of a breather-wave to allow for a few new easily made characters by utilizing pre-existing parts and therefore maximizing the value of those molds. While I would love to keep building momentum, I can't neccessarily fault them for this. After all, they are a business and need to gain capital for their investments. Besides, we are getting a few cool new 'mates out of the deal (though I am a little bummed about Kraven's cheap-ass printed vest. I'd have almost preferred that they waited until later and given him a sculpted one). There will definitely be more great stuff ahead. Just be patient and enjoy the ride. ;)

While I certainly agree with your post (not the most exciting wave) and 'missing list' (don't forget Lizard, Scorpion, and a slew of others), you must understand that this (and the upcoming IronMan wave) is essentially (and intentionally) a rehash asst. using existing parts. After an onslaught of Minimate goodness (and many new costly casts) this past year, this is sort of a breather-wave to allow for a few new easily made characters by utilizing pre-existing parts and therefore maximizing the value of those molds. While I would love to keep building momentum, I can't neccessarily fault them for this. After all, they are a business and need to gain capital for their investments. Besides, we are getting a few cool new 'mates out of the deal (though I am a little bummed about Kraven's cheap-ass printed vest. I'd have almost preferred that they waited until later and given him a sculpted one). There will definitely be more great stuff ahead. Just be patient and enjoy the ride. ;)

I have to question these "breather-waves." Minimates isn't the only toy line that uses them.

It's almost as if the manufacturer were saying, "Look. we can't afford to put out a top quality line wave after wave so please bear with us while we put out this cheap wave of repaints and we promise to deliver better stuff next time." Often times what happens is that the breather wave puts off potential buyers and results in peg-warmers. Then the manufacturer looks at how poorly the breather wave does and puts the blame on the whole line sometimes canceling it!

In Minimates' case, if they need a breather wave ...and with these figures, you really have to wonder just what is costing so much...they could do it far more creatively and far less obvious that they are putting out a cheap filler wave. What's the expense in a Minimate wave? The accessories? New chest or head pieces? Paint apps that AREN'T Spider-Man patterns? Why not give us a Black Panter? Captain Britain? Guardian? Hellcat? These are all characters that could be made from existing pieces and wouldn't cause the fans to groan, "Oh man...Spider-Man again...Bleh!"

I think the problem here is Diamond's fixation on the belief that Spiderman and Wolverine are what sell. Maybe sales in the past have supported this but I think when we're getting to the fifteenth version of Venom or Spider-Man as Captain Universe, we're really going to put that treatise to the test!

I agree if just b ecause I am sick of venoms ... I like the black spiderman outfit though since I do not have one ... shocker is nice too as are Kraven and Tarantula & frankly cosmic spiderman is just neat odd ball in the bunch really ... I do wish though that they had gone with the ?current? version of tarantula? unless I'm getting the names mixed up the one thats been in the daredevil books most recently with the black outfit & white spider logos on his head and chest ...

I would prefer if they are going to do spider guys guys like say black cat or electro as someone else pointed out... or even vulture would make a great mini mate! How about a spiderman 2009 as well rather than a regular outfit spiderman again S:

I would prefer if they are going to do spider guys guys like say black cat or electro as someone else pointed out... or even vulture would make a great mini mate! How about a spiderman 2009 as well rather than a regular outfit spiderman again S:

Black Cat and Spidey 2099 (I'm guessing that's who you meant) are both minimates already. Probably the biggest gaps that are left in Spidey's rogues gallery are Electro, The Lizard and The Vulture.