Christian Bale Arrested!!

Joker08

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about Bale being arrested for supposedly assaulting his mother and sister. He's been released denying it all. What do you all think? Also, I find it strange he hasn't done any talk shows promoting this movie. Why doesn't he do anything like that??

I don't know... but I'm already hating the headlines.

"Bale gets BAILED out"

"Fallen Dark Knight"

"Can we BAIL on the BALE scandal"

It's nice that Gene Shalit is getting some mad-props... but enough is enough.

Ya, I heard about this today too.

Kinda ruined the whole Batman experience for me now, knowing that the guy I was cheering for on-screen is such a pansy that he's willing to attack a woman...and his own mother at that. :(

I don't know the facts, but Assault in the UK is as simple as yelling at someone. If he had been physically violent, I'm sure the police would not have ask him questions and sent him on his way. He was not arrested, only questioned. So hold off judgement until all the facts are in.

I don't know the facts, but Assault in the UK is as simple as yelling at someone. If he had been physically violent, I'm sure the police would not have ask him questions and sent him on his way. He was not arrested, only questioned. So hold off judgement until all the facts are in.

My bad, he was arrested but not charged. I misquoted the article I had read on this matter, but still feel we should wait for the facts because due to the fact this is the biggest movie in the world right now we are going to hear plenty about this.

Ummm, I'm trying to remember the name of the talk show, I think it was "The Today show", or something like that. any way he & the Bat Pod was on the show & from what's been said Bale got a lil unnerved when the reportes interviewing his started to poke fun at him for never having ridden the Bat Pod.

Bale tries to explain that the thing can only be safly piloted by one stuntman in the world, but the reporters kept ridding his ass.

Personaly I'm more conserned about dudes health. its still not setting well with me how thin he's gotten. & if this is shaping up to be some kind of break down then i'll understand. my sis has been struggling with mental illness for years & she's done quite a few thing I'm sure she's not to proud of. So I won't pass judement.

Ummm, I'm trying to remember the name of the talk show, I think it was "The Today show", or something like that. any way he & the Bat Pod was on the show & from what's been said Bale got a lil unnerved when the reportes interviewing his started to poke fun at him for never having ridden the Bat Pod.

Bale tries to explain that the thing can only be safly piloted by one stuntman in the world, but the reporters kept ridding his ass.

Personaly I'm more conserned about dudes health. its still not setting well with me how thin he's gotten. & if this is shaping up to be some kind of break down then i'll understand. my sis has been struggling with mental illness for years & she's done quite a few thing I'm sure she's not to proud of. So I won't pass judement.

I've seen him giving interviews on G4. This is a movie that sells itself. Maybe he and the studio felt that he didn't have to push it.

I agree with SUPREMEQUEEN and that we should not pass judgement when we have little to no facts.

The person that you cheer on the screen is Batman/Bruce Wayne. He's a work of fiction. If Christian Bale has some demons in his real life or is just going through a rough spell, it should have nothing to do with how the performance on the screen is interpreted. And I think that his performance was great.

I heard he just got into an argument. Guess you can be arrested in London for yelling. Never knew that.

I'm sure by now everyone has heard about Bale being arrested for supposedly assaulting his mother and sister. He's been released denying it all. What do you all think? Also, I find it strange he hasn't done any talk shows promoting this movie. Why doesn't he do anything like that??

I think this thread and your post are loaded with presuppositions about guilt that are not yet proven.

Get the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

I have seen Bale in promo interviews on bumpers for the Canadian sci-fi channel SPACE, so he is doing promo work.

Not every star is contracted to do promotion, and some choose not to--Bale might be choosing to limit his time promoting for specific reasons not made public.

As it stands right now his mother and sister filed the charges and claimed the incident did happen. Bale was taken into custody and questioned. He claimes the charges are false and was released on bail. The police have said he was very coopertaive and answered all their questions. He is set to appear in court in September. As far as I know there has been know explanation given as to what caused this alleged attack.

http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=189&itemid=13660

I think this thread and your post are loaded with presuppositions about guilt that are not yet proven.

Get the whole story before jumping to conclusions.

I have seen Bale in promo interviews on bumpers for the Canadian sci-fi channel SPACE, so he is doing promo work.

Not every star is contracted to do promotion, and some choose not to--Bale might be choosing to limit his time promoting for specific reasons not made public.

Well for one I never accused him. I was saying what I read on CNN. Secondly, I haven't seen any promo work and was simply asking why he hasn't done much for this movie. Didn't mean to step on your toes.

as always, woman get you into the worst stuff. :P :P :P now lets look at this from a different point of view. did someone ever heard of bale being aggresive in his past? you know sometimes when it gets too much you can loose your senses. i have been true that. sure hit on a woman is not cool if it is true but who realy knows what happend? no one. reporters are responsable for most every thing that went wrong in an actors life. they make fun that bale doesnt ride the batpod? wow i would love to do it but hey, i would not do it if was difficult even dangerous. bale has kids and i guess it is better that he is with them, then being dead. look at heath ledger. does someone remember? overworked. it was too much. he took pills and we know what happend. his girl cant be with him anymore. bale didnt took the batpod? good decision in my mind. reporters just ride there cars and thats it, so they can talk. bale was in the batmobil and thats so great i think. there is not one reporter who can say the same the thing. reporters suck. the worst is, those idiots never learn about historys past. they dont give a damn.

Do we know the next movie he is working on, because he has been known to lose extreme amount of weight for roles (The Machinest, Rescue Dawn).

I believe its the new Terminator Salvation. he is playing John Connor.

What'd Christian Bale's mom say to him moments before the incident??

"C'MON, HIT ME!!"

Seriously, I can't believe how quick fans have been to jump at this. There haven't even been any official charges made against him and everyone is blowing up about it...

Sources close to the actor said he 'flew off the handle' at London's Dorchester hotel after Jenny Bale said 'some outrageous things'.

However, a source close to the 34-year-old actor says Bale is confident he’s done nothing wrong, and blames his mother.

The source said: ‘Christian was stressed, but he didn’t lay a finger on anyone. Instead, he flew off the handle and cussed his mother. He just got very loud because his mother was saying some very outrageous things about him and his wife.’

‘Normally Christian would just call a friend and go out to a pub to cool off. But he was literally trapped into this confrontation with his mother and sister because there was an army of fans and paparazzi outside.’

The source also claimed Bale had been deeply affected by the death of Ledger.

A friend said: 'Christian pretends he's calm and collected but you really started to see the cracks in his façade in January, right after Heath Ledger had died.

'Christian was in the middle of a very brief break from work when he heard the news, and it was massive blow to him.

'They had become very close during the making of The Dark Knight and Christian went into virtual hiding for the six weeks after Heath was found dead.

‘He wasn't returning phone calls and he wasn't a happy man. It's foolish to think that he's been able to completely shake off that grief just as Heath and his work is finally being seen by audiences.

'He expected to share this moment with his friend, and now he can't.

Frighteningly enough, the thing that kicked off the incident?

"Do you like Hewey Lewis and the News?"

Tom

@loll@ What I think is funny is how most people said "The guy from American Psycho is the new Batman? COOL!"

Now people want to say "Bale verbally assaulted his family? This is TOTALL unexceptable!" :blink:

Most of the people I work with had this to say, "What kind of mother would press charges on her own son?" Answer, the GREEDY kind. <_<

Tom

@loll@ What I think is funny is how most people said "The guy from American Psycho is the new Batman? COOL!"

Now people want to say "Bale verbally assaulted his family? This is TOTALL unexceptable!" :blink:

Most of the people I work with had this to say, "What kind of mother would press charges on her own son?" Answer, the GREEDY kind. <_<

i think the kind of mother who wants a new car. maybe a tumbler :D :D :D

Tom

i think the kind of mother who wants a new car. maybe a tumbler :D :D :D

No no, she wants a Benz. :wub: All greedy women love Mercedes Benz.

Sources close to the actor said he 'flew off the handle' at London's Dorchester hotel after Jenny Bale said 'some outrageous things'.

However, a source close to the 34-year-old actor says Bale is confident he’s done nothing wrong, and blames his mother.

The source said: ‘Christian was stressed, but he didn’t lay a finger on anyone. Instead, he flew off the handle and cussed his mother. He just got very loud because his mother was saying some very outrageous things about him and his wife.’

‘Normally Christian would just call a friend and go out to a pub to cool off. But he was literally trapped into this confrontation with his mother and sister because there was an army of fans and paparazzi outside.’

The source also claimed Bale had been deeply affected by the death of Ledger.

A friend said: 'Christian pretends he's calm and collected but you really started to see the cracks in his façade in January, right after Heath Ledger had died.

'Christian was in the middle of a very brief break from work when he heard the news, and it was massive blow to him.

'They had become very close during the making of The Dark Knight and Christian went into virtual hiding for the six weeks after Heath was found dead.

‘He wasn't returning phone calls and he wasn't a happy man. It's foolish to think that he's been able to completely shake off that grief just as Heath and his work is finally being seen by audiences.

'He expected to share this moment with his friend, and now he can't.

thank you die fighting x, that post wast beautiful.

Tom

EXACTLY! <_<

I'm leery on this one, and I'm usually pretty quick to poop on Hollywood and their ilk, but this whole thing is shady and weak (so far) in getting out the actual "details", so I'm directing my "poop" at just the media, until I see further evidence of wrong doing's by the actor. If it's just screaming and hollering at each other and no REAL physical violence out of him, it's just the Hollywood news hounds (whores) trying to run with a family squabble and turn it into something MORE for the sake of the sensationalized aspect of it involving the BATMAN actor, just soon after it's movie debut.