my gi joe/ cobra display wip LOTS OF PICTURES

PhoenixSword

Hey guys. I got these sweet shelves that were once supposed to be used for displaying beanie babies but are now sporting some cobras and joes! :D I know its not all that awesome of a collection right now but hey I don't think I'm doing to bad for being 18 and working part time at a pizza shop ;)

These shelves are going to be for the 25th stuff. As you can see some of it is up. The joe shelf is very empty right now as i can't find any of the freaking figures in the stores!!

DSC04739.jpg

The cobra shelf will probably be broken up as my army grows but for now it fits on one. And what do you know a viper decided to fall over a few minutes before I started taking pics...

The single pack serpentor I got had a loose snake shoulder thing so I need to glue that back in there.

DSC04740.jpg

DSC04741.jpg

my cobra army!

DSC04743.jpg

DSC04744.jpg

Woah you sure have a lot of Joe toys and a lot on display. I used to have a lot more Joe figs but they were mostly Valor vs. Venom and I threw em all away and only try to get 25th Anni. and when I can vintage. Also, you know some of your figs fell over in the first 2 pics or something like that?

yeah I went to move one of the red ninjas and bam one of the vipers fell and the whole domino effect thing decimated two ranks of my cobras... the domino effect isn't as devastating with the older figures but man with these 25th figures watch out!

I think i might leave the blue on the eels just because I like seeing the cobra symbol on their shoulders still, but who knows if ever get around to getting more paint I might darken it up a bit. i have some flippers and other diving gear for some of them too :)

Nice display and like your shelves!

Hey guys. I got these sweet shelves that were once supposed to be used for displaying beanie babies but are now sporting some cobras and joes! :D I know its not all that awesome of a collection right now but hey I don't think I'm doing to bad for being 18 and working part time at a pizza shop ;)

And I thought I was about the only 18 year old who collected Joes. Glad to know you Phoenix! I sympathize on collecting woes, out salaries just don't allow for large purchases for collecting. In a few years though, when the older collectors are selling off their figures to pay for their kids college we'll be able to pick up a lot.

As for the shelves, I remember a few years when they were in practically every store around here. Can't say I miss Beanie Babies. They look much better with Joes and Cobras. :D

@can@

yeah i wrote a little caption about it above it heh stupid vipers...

oh yeah i forgot... this other shelf is for my joe figures and some vehicles when i get around to buying some more figure stands...

DSC04742.jpg

I didn't know Jar Jar joined the GI Joe team.

Be careful...it's only a matter of time before he grants emergency powers to a Cobra agent infiltrating your GI Joe team, and it's all down hill for Joe from there... @wink@

Nice collection. :)

I've been cleaning up the basement wich is riddled with figures and vehicles and parts of each of those and found good 'ol jar jar...heh the "misa back!" played into a lot of playtime with my toys when i was younger... well not that much younger lol my cousin and i thought it was hilarious to have one of the toys kill him and then one of us would pick him up and say "misa back!" heh.. wow im a sad sad person lol

Be careful...it's only a matter of time before he grants emergency powers to a Cobra agent infiltrating your GI Joe team, and it's all down hill for Joe from there... icon_wink.gif

lol that took me until the second read through to get that lol. guess i need to watch starwars a few hundred times more ;)