Flint in Cobra Gear

darthhenning

since it's out of the bag... my friend ran into one of the artist that's doing some card art and he had this picture at his booth, Fline had a helmet in his hands.. so I'm sure he'll have that on the figure...

He also had a certain mini Cobra Helicopter drawing.. so be sure to see that in a new wave of vehicles ;)

I'm just thrilled that after 10 years, Flint is FINALLY seeing a push as the core character he so rightfully deserves. After all, Hasbro could have easily put out another Duke, Roadblock, or Snake Eyes figure in the same slot.

Yeah, or they could have included Lifeline, Lowlight, Recondo or Blowtorch in the slot, and not forced another repaint down out collective throats. (can you tell I don't like repaints)

@can@

I'm just thrilled that after 10 years, Flint is FINALLY seeing a push as the core character he so rightfully deserves. After all, Hasbro could have easily put out another Duke, Roadblock, or Snake Eyes figure in the same slot.

@loll@ Actually, (even if you were being sarcastic?) that's totally TRUE....we could have easily just seen ANOTHER of those other "core characters" (you mentioned) instead of Flint for this "Spy Troop" figure! Better Flint than those I guess, so I agree with you.

That large pic of him like that, looks pretty cool also. Lots of color and snap to it.

instead of Flint for this "Spy Troop" figure! Better Flint than those I guess, so I agree with you.

It's funny how unintentionally Hasbro made a better infiltration agent than they did in their entire "Spy Troops" line! @loll@

I reason we'll get a Ripcord, and Blowtorch, and so on... but for right now, I'm happy they're exploring some different looks for the Joes. Especially since we've seen Joes dressed as Cobra troops before. So, there's a precedent for this figure's existence.

Tom

Dude, repaints are a fact of life in toy lines. It's the only way they can afford to keep pumping out totally kick A figs. As long as they're creative about it like with this Flint, Starfinger don't mind! It's TOTAL rip-offs like a dark Stalker that ain't dope.

Starfinger digs this Flint. He can play like Flint was a Cobra Trooper who changes sides and joins GI Joe. That'd rock. Maybe Hasbro can use that in the movie.

@hmmm@ evilstar couldn't said it any....different?

It would appear that Hisstank has gotten a hold of a pic of , Wave 11 Flint in Cobra Gear

Personally, I don't get why this figure is taking up a product spot, maybe you guys can enlighten me. #WTF#

@can@

In "Revenge of Cobra" (I'm pretty sure its Revenge of Cobra) Mutt and Flint get stranded in the desert and end up taking out 2 Cobra soldiers....and put on their uniforms and take their Stinger to disguise themselves.

I know this figure is very simple but its so damn cool at the same time.

I have to agree. This is one repaint I can get behind. I just picked up the second DVD pack (Revenge of Cobra), and I kinda like that the figures have "cartoon" colors as this one does. Maybe we'll see a Honda Lou West figure too. ^_^

yet another figure we can make ourselves by just putting a freaking flint head on cartoon soldiers body... *sigh

This is alot cheaper though than buying an entire Entertainment pack and another Flint just to make this one figure.

Yeah, or they could have included Lifeline, Lowlight, Recondo or Blowtorch in the slot, and not forced another repaint down out collective throats. (can you tell I don't like repaints)

@can@

obviously, Hasbro had the budget to sculpt an entirely new figure like Blowtorch in this wave, that is why they went with a repaint. :rolleyes:

besides, how do you think Lifeline, Recondo or Lowlight are going to be made when they are...repaints!

yet another figure we can make ourselves by just putting a freaking flint head on cartoon soldiers body... *sigh

This is alot cheaper though than buying an entire Entertainment pack and another Flint just to make this one figure.

True... I've told myself that I don't want to buy 12 versions of the same figure (unless its an army builder) though so if i want to i'll just stick a flint head on a regular trooper body to get a "spy troops" look. I'm just not seeing the point and am actually starting to get kinda p o'd that hasbro is making this part of wave 11 rather than a NEW figure. is the entire wave made up of repaints?

besides, how do you think Lifeline, Recondo or Lowlight are going to be made when they are...repaints!

BLASPHEMER! @smilepunch@

Seriously though, if they do Low-Light as a repaint, and he looks anywhere near as bad as Leatherneck, I'm done with this line.

I'm just not seeing the point and am actually starting to get kinda p o'd that hasbro is making this part of wave 11 rather than a NEW figure. is the entire wave made up of repaints?

According to someone at hisstank.com, Diamond Comics has wave 11 listed as:

Zartan

M.A.S.K.

Airborne

Eels

Pilot Scarlett

Cobra Flint

Para-Vipers

Cobra Bazooka Trooper

If this is true, at least half of the figures we're getting in this wave are repaints.

for sure repaints:

Pilot Scarlett

Cobra Flint

Para-Vipers

Cobra Bazooka Trooper

Zartan

probably mostly repaints except for heads:

Airborne

Eels

who is m.a.s.k?

I think that's probably the Matt Trakker figure that has been rumored for some time now.

I think that's probably the Matt Trakker figure that has been rumored for some time now.

awesome! so a bunch of repaints and a figure thats not really even a member of the joe team or of cobra!!! I understand the whole tribute to other 80s toys/media but come on!!

I'm ready for some more Fangs!