AWE Striker with Leatherneck

DarthJoe

sigh... wish I didn't have to buy all these vehicles and resell them so I can just get the figs.

I do the same thing....only in reverse. give the figure to my nephew and keep the vehicles! only bad thing is the new tooling of the foot pegs to the new crappy 25th size!

TM

Yeah, its criminal how many times they have used that Gung-Ho head already........I know its only 3 times but thats 2 many already. Re-using heads is really my only problem when it comes to re-paints......cause they look like the same person standing next to each other in my displays......terrible.

Ya know, I was just thinking, Hasbro could easily make the rest of the entire '86 lineup if they keep this up. No need for new molds or even part swapping! They could just repaint existing figures and call them one of the figures from '86!

Repainted Breaker = Dial-Tone

Repainted Gung-Ho (minus vest and hat, and a new cloth cape) = Dr. Mindbender

Repainted head on Snow-Job = Iceberg

Repainted Doc = Lifeline

Repainted Snow-Job (with comic-pack Firefly goggles) = Low-Light

Repainted Breaker again = Mainframe

Repainted Ripper = Monkeywrench

Repainted Flash = Sci-Fi

Repainted Torpedo = Wet Suit

Repainted Xamot = Zandar

Repainted DVD pack Lady Jaye = Zarana

Hasbro would make tons of money, with no effort, and we'd all be happy. Right? RIGHT?

Could a mod please delete this post... Wouldn't want hasbro to get any ideas... They might take this post seriously!

Seconded. If they did ANY of these (with the possible exception of Mindbender, if they gave him a new head) I would pass.

Please remove that post so Hasbro doesn't get any ideas.

@can@

Ya know, I was just thinking, Hasbro could easily make the rest of the entire '86 lineup if they keep this up. No need for new molds or even part swapping! They could just repaint existing figures and call them one of the figures from '86!

Repainted Doc = Lifeline

Repainted Flash = Sci-Fi

Repainted Xamot = Zandar

Hasbro would make tons of money, with no effort, and we'd all be happy. Right? RIGHT?

Could a mod please delete this post... Wouldn't want hasbro to get any ideas... They might take this post seriously!

Seconded. If they did ANY of these (with the possible exception of Mindbender, if they gave him a new head) I would pass.

@can@

Oh...you guys stop hating!

You're just jealous that Hasbro might read this, hire me to lead their design team, and then I'll be making the big bucks off of the whole 3 figures they'll sell from my ideas.

Heck, I have even cheaper design plans for '87. For instance, just repackage the Red Ninja on a new card, and we have Jinx!

@lol@ @smilepunch@

Repainted Doc = Lifeline

Repainted Flash = Sci-Fi

Repainted Xamot = Zandar

@can@

Oh...you guys stop hating!

You're just jealous that Hasbro might read this, hire me to lead their design team, and then I'll be making the big bucks off of the whole 3 figures they'll sell from my ideas.

Heck, I have even cheaper design plans for '87. For instance, just repackage the Red Ninja on a new card, and we have Jinx!

@lol@ @smilepunch@

I may JUST have to kill you. @pun@

@can@

@loll@

Its even more ironic when you consider that Canadians are supposed to be peaceful.

@can@@pun@

Oh, you're Canadian...I guess no new card art for you with your Jinx then. Just a Red Cobra Ninja packed on a generic card with the word "Jinx" printed above the bubble. @wink@

@loll@

Its even more ironic when you consider that Canadians are supposed to be peaceful.

@can@ @pun@

Oh, you're Canadian...I guess no new card art for you with your Jinx then. Just a Red Cobra Ninja packed on a generic card with the word "Jinx" printed above the bubble. @wink@

Sad but true. See my "Why Hasbro Hates Canadians" thread for further rantings on the subject of card art.

@can@

I kinda like the tan awe striker, and gung-ho... err wait, crap i thought i could be positive. I didn't like the gung-ho head for gung-ho, hated it for cutter, and now again? Duke arms too? the shoulder gaurd? I was never a giant leatherneck fan though so i'll probably pass on this one, but i do love dessert themed characters most of the time.

I wish Hasbro would at least be decent enough to alter the head sculpt enough so it didn't look exactly like Gung Ho but it looks like something that we will have to do ourselves, shave down the head with an X-acto knife or something

I was think about this on my drive to work this morning. I don't mind Crankcase, I don't mind Grandslam, Heck, I don't mind Cutter.

But Leatherneck really bothers me, that's just not right. Not even close.

I wish Hasbro would at least be decent enough to alter the head sculpt enough so it didn't look exactly like Gung Ho but it looks like something that we will have to do ourselves, shave down the head with an X-acto knife or something

Heck, paint some hair on the back of the head. Doesn't even look like they did that much...

I was think about this on my drive to work this morning. I don't mind Crankcase, I don't mind Grandslam, Heck, I don't mind Cutter.

But Leatherneck really bothers me, that's just not right. Not even close.

Agreed, all vehicle drivers to this point have been fine. Crankcase, while I wasen't thrilled wasen't bad. Grandslam was exactly what I would have expected, Steeler and Clutch at least got new legs and webgear, the Televiper was what could be expected again. Even a repainted Shipwreck with Gung-ho's head for Cutter didn't bother me that much (a little paint and that will be fixed). But then we come to Leatherneck..... Brazil Colours? Buzzer Torso? WTF I'm not happy about this. He'll be the first distinct character from this line that I won't be picking up. Sad, as he has always been one of my favourites. @grumpy@

@can@

Everytime I see that 25th Leatherneck, it looks like Gung-Ho with a tan shirt. With the complaints going around, how would ya'll make this a better figure? What parts should have been reused/new? Say the head is what is being used, what parts should comprise the body?

Everytime I see that 25th Leatherneck, it looks like Gung-Ho with a tan shirt. With the complaints going around, how would ya'll make this a better figure? What parts should have been reused/new? Say the head is what is being used, what parts should comprise the body?

It reminds me of the JVC Gung-Ho that was done in desert colors from the Wal-Mart 2-pack wave. You know Hasbro could have just said this was Gung-Ho in another outfit. If I bother to get this I might just say that it is Gung-Ho.

Question: Is this an exclusive? That would explain to me the repaint / no new parts thing (i.e. head)

Me? Duke arms (yeah, yeah, I know but they look right) Viper torso, Beachhead upper legs, Snake eyes lower legs. Not sure about webgear, Steeler maybe?

Ok maybe I'm seeing something wrong here and everyone else sees the truth...but the figure looks pretty much exactly like his Brazil set, and it looks really good. The shoulder belt is on the wrong side, but serious is that an issue? The only issues I have is the shoulder pad, the Duke arms and his Gung-Ho face...but looking at a close up of Gung-Ho and looking at the Leatherneck pic they look the different. I'm sure if I see a close up of Leatherneck they will be the same though. Hopefully Hasbro will put on the "new" Duke arms they are saying is on the Tiger Force Duke as well. Why is everyone complaining about the color. So what they didn't put it in his original green color... at least they put him in a color he wore and was popular. I think its a great looking figure and can't wait to get one. I do agree though i think they should have used the one they showed at the con....or at least used that as a template. More than likely they will produce like that on single card. I'm sure if they ever gave us the "perfect" figure we would find something wrong with it and say it to perfect.

leatherneck2.jpg

Leatherneck.jpg

Ok maybe I'm seeing something wrong here and everyone else sees the truth...but the figure looks pretty much exactly like his Brazil set, and it looks really good.

My MAJOR complaint is that I wanted this Leatherneck...

leatherneck-1.jpg

...and they gave us this one...

leatherneck2.jpg

...with Gung-Ho's head. :(

It does look really good, as the MB Leatherneck (except for the shoulderpad and head), but my biggest complaint is that I wanted Leatherneck...not Mission Brazil Leatherneck. To me, it's like them giving us the Eco-Warrior Barbecue before the V1 Barbecue.

I think the majority of us are probably a little upset and confused by this, because up until now, they have been really good about giving us the first releases of characters in the 25th line as they appeared in their first ARAH release. I think that is what has also been the major factor in the huge appeal of this line.

Why is everyone complaining about the color. So what they didn't put it in his original green color... at least they put him in a color he wore and was popular.

I'm complaining because my Leatherneck never went to Brazil as a kid. My Leatherneck never wore a sissy tan outfit. My Leatherneck wasn't a clone of Gung-Ho. My Leatherneck never wore shoulder pads...

My Leatherneck was a hardcore, kick-ass, green camo-wearing, marine drill-sergeant! :(

I don't understand how they could do new molds for so many of the comic packs (Buzzer, Ripper, Firefly, Scrap Iron, Serpentor, Destro, Duke, Storm Shadow, Roadblock, Short-fuze, Rock & Roll, Breaker, Zarana, Zartan, Tunnel Rat, Thrasher, Flint, Hawk, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Steeler, Flagg, Grunt, Clutch, Stalker, Baroness, Brekhov, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Stalker, Lady Jaye, and Cobra Gas Mask Officer. You could even include the Oktober Guard. Dragonsky, Misha, Gorky, Stormavic, Diana, Horror Show, and Shrage).

ALL of those guys got new head molds when the rest of the bodies (except Horror Show) were all reuse. The argument that the bodies had "already paid for themselves by then" is false when that is what they are doing here anyway. Reusing the bodies.