Bale Agrees To Third Batman Movie If Nolan Is On Board

Wheeljack35

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=13642

Bale Agrees To Third Batman Movie If Nolan Is On Board

posted by JayC

Actor CHRISTIAN BALE will reprise his role as BATMAN for the third time - but only if director CHRIS NOLAN is at the helm.

The British star has appeared as Bruce Wayne and his caped alter-ego in both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. And Bale is willing to star in another film as the superhero - but only if it means working under Nolan again.

He tells Britain's GQ magazine, "I would certainly hope (Nolan) would be on board for a third installment of Batman. If he wasn't I'd have to think long and hard about whether I'd want to continue myself."

Why break up a winning team

I read this the other day, and it's not surprising.

I guarantee the studio will want another film, and I also guarantee they'll have one made whether Chris Nolan or Christian Bale or anyone else wants to be involved or not because of how much money it would potentially make. That's why I hope they do it right (with Nolan and Bale and company).

I haven't read anything from Nolan saying he'd definitely do a third one, but it's obviously way early.

Wow. I was always under the impression that the team had signed on for a three movie deal. I didn't realize a third installment was still up in the air..

Yeah, I know, how nice of him to agree to do something he's already contractually obligated to do. :rolleyes:

Wow. I was always under the impression that the team had signed on for a three movie deal. I didn't realize a third installment was still up in the air..

Yeah, I know, how nice of him to agree to do something he's already contractually obligated to do. :rolleyes:

Contracts are a funny thing. Ask Brett Favre.

I hope Nolan is on board. I remember the summer before my freshman year in high school... sitting in a theater with my friends... watching a load of crap that they called "Batman Forever". Best thing abou that movie? Nicole Kidman cleavage. So I hope that Warner Brothers has educated themselves about breaking up a successful team.

On a seperate note... someone break up the team of Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh. I thought Brandon was great, but the movie needed the Batman Begins treatment. I'm not so in love with the Christopher Reeve movies that I want to see the sequel made 25 years later.

Contracts are a funny thing. Ask Brett Favre.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "contractural obligations" in most of these movie franchises aren't as iron-clad as some folks think they are. In a lot of cases, I'd imagine it's "right of first refusal" on the part of the actor (in other words, if they make a third one they have to give Bale the opportunity to choose whether or not he plays Batman before they go looking for a replacement). I'd also wager there are plenty of clauses for an actor "bowing out" of the project without too much financial damage. Heck, Bale could even have a clause in there that if Nolan's not involved, he can leave without any penalties.

Remember, the studios aren't the only ones that can get hotshot lawyers for contract negotiations.

I hope Nolan is on board. I remember the summer before my freshman year in high school... sitting in a theater with my friends... watching a load of crap that they called "Batman Forever". Best thing abou that movie? Nicole Kidman cleavage. So I hope that Warner Brothers has educated themselves about breaking up a successful team.

Okay, I really hope you're not downplaying the entertainment value of Nicole Kidman's cleavage :angry: :angry: :angry:

Okay, I really hope you're not downplaying the entertainment value of Nicole Kidman's cleavage :angry: :angry: :angry:

I was saying that if Nicole Kidman weren't so purdy I wouldn't own the DVD. As for the entertainment value...

Since when does Nicole Kidman have cleavage?

... the entertainment value is along the lines of "Where's Waldo". I swear that I had to find something fun to do because that movie was NOT entertaining.

I hope that Batman can break the curse of the "3".... Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, Superman 3, and Jaws 3D were all pretty terrible. Terminator 3 was alright, but it's a movie with robots and how can you go wrong with robots?

Yeah strange.... I thought he was contracted already.