Dark Knight/Tick Connection!!! NO SPOILERS Funny Stuff!!!!

Leatusiv

I posted this in the Dark Knight thread but for those who don't want "real" spoilers this is actually pretty funny stuff.

I guess I'm the only person in the world that caught the gag in this movie.....Did anyone notice who played the Mayor of Gotham?? It was Nestor Carbonell aka Bat-Manuel from the live action Tick from 2001....It took me a second to figure out who he was because he wasn't using his Hispanic accent but once it hit me I laughed outloud and got shooshed in the theatre....lol Christopher Nolan has to be a funny,funny Guy!!! That was a classy move!!!

lol I don't know what's sadder....The fact that only a hand full of us noticed it or that everyone has forgotten one of the best shows that got axed well before it's time.It stillmakes me laugh when I think about it lol....What would have been better if The Mayor had confessed he was Batman and pretended to flip his cape.

the live action tick was a great show. honestly. but i believe that there is no chance that chris nolan would cheapen the dark knight with a reference to a super-hero comedy show. i think he just casted someone who he felt played the part closest to how he imagined it in the script. to say that the mayor's casting is a reference to the tick is like saying that rachel is a nod to donnie darko or batman is a nod to american psycho or michael caine is a nod to the original italian job or gordon is a nod to the professional or luicuis fox is a nod to march of the penguins or the joker is a nod to brokeback mountain. Nolan is not that cheap.