Dark Knight discussion

SUPREMEQUEEN

The way he snatched up his victom & holds them by their neck & head. the way he presses the blade of his knife in to their face. its like he inviting his vivtom to share in his pain & torcher, both phyical & mental. There is no doubt in my mind that The Joke is totaly unredemable!!

OMG! The hospital scene! I've never felt a combonation of humor & fright to tightly interwined. I was left wanting so much more from this chacter that I almost want to be his pray. to be held yoked up in his choke hold. to feel the cold steel point of his blade edge down my face. to not know if I'm about to be bathed in the warmpth of my own blood as it pours out & over me.................

& HIS MIND!!! how it poses it self as one of the most enigmatic puzzeles of all time. God what must this man have gone thu that made his sole so black, that turned his heart in to a bottemless pit of mutilation & suffering. they were not lying when they called Ledgers performance Oscar worthy!!!

AND he played a g _ y cowboy! :D

Seriously, he was great. Best to just stick to all new villians for futute Bat-flicks, instead of trying to think of the "who will play him now?" cenerio.

Two nit-picks:

I was hoping the new franchise would move past the "Blow-up-the-batmobile-so-we-can-sell-a-new-toy-next-time" gimmick. I liked that Batmoile. It was a tank! Perfect for the new movies. A car chace in the downtown streets shouldn't have caused a TANK to crash and burn.

Two-Face's face looked cool. BUT, this was a little too Sci Fi for me. Don't get me wrong, it was much better than bright neon pink. No eyelid, dangling tendons, exposed bone. No one could function in that condition (at the very least his eye would dry out and he'd go blind).

But those are both minor gripes. Otherwise, good show.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going with the gripes, because everyone else is doing a fine job of praising the movie and Heath's performance (as they should)

But the Joker Batman scene in the holding cell was a little to Green Goblin and Spidey from the original Spiderman for me. The whole they are going to get tired of you, but we can be happy together...yada yada yada

Also, the most action we saw from Bats was beating up good SWAT team members. He has all that sohpisiticated equipment but he couldn't find a way to communicate to these guys about who was who?

The whole 1984 Batman is watching us was lame too, and for Pete's sake if you are fighting the joker and your little Daredevil radar thing is broken switch it off don't wait for it to clear up and let the Joker get position on you.

Also, this might be minor, but I really wanted to see the batcave in the last movie they mentioned that they would improve the foundation on South wing, but it was not to be, and I also thought it would be fitting to have joker in Arkham in a straightjacket. Visually I thought would be sweet.

Other than those things I enjoyed it. Especially the "magic trick"

yeah but every comic story or animated show go into his orgin or y hes doing the baman thing.

Ithink they coverd it enough by havign him still fawning over rachel...and his "oh she'll wait for me out look" which i thought was kinda out of the batman attitude...but ok since this story takes place in that transition where hes still more bruce than batman and isnt emotional detached as he is in other medias.

the magic trick was awsome and a great way to introduce him

O was anyone else happy that they killed Rachael off? I really did not like her character and I cannot believe they finally made a Bats film where he didn't reveal his identity to a broad

Also, this might be minor, but I really wanted to see the batcave in the last movie they mentioned that they would improve the foundation on South wing, but it was not to be, and I also thought it would be fitting to have joker in Arkham in a straightjacket. Visually I thought would be sweet.

Other than those things I enjoyed it. Especially the "magic trick"

I think we didn't see the Batcave becasue, the way I see it, is that the third installment is going to be a better third part that will include all the Batman elements. Let me explain.

Most 3 part movies start great, but tend to end with a just good third part.

Examples.

X-men was a good movie, x2 was superior to xmen, and the third was not as good as 2.

spiderman was awesome, and spidey 2 was much better, but spidey 3 went down two.

The matrix got the same scheme.

Jurassic Park went almost the same way.

My pick is Nolan is watching this franchise as a three part story, and everything is pointing to that direction by leaving Bats almost alone. Fox quitting, Rachel dead, Cops after him. Sounds good for a good story development.

No batcave in this one, so in the next one, the mannor will be totally rebuilt, with batcave included.

NEW Batmobile, cause the Tumbler got totally destroyed.(I still hope they go with the tank concept)

Probably the Batplane, cause we saw how he used his plane to escape from Hong Kong.

So all of this is preparing a great story so the third movie will be as good as the previous flicks, and we all can see the franchise, in general terms, as GREAT.

don't know if any one has seen it yet, but Bale says he'll do a 3rd Batman but only if Nolen is on board (wise). I to believe only Nolen can put a good wrap on this Trilogy.

also I kinda get the feeling were gonna see a lot of "Bat-tech" in the 3rd installment. Think about it. we've all been like "who's gonna be the next villian". But IMO Ithink the real star of the 3rd installment will be some seriously high Bat tech!!

Remember how Bruse had to rent some BS prop job to snatch him & the CEO out of that building in Hong Kong. Well I think that would make a great focus! it will allow for the audiance to focus on something other than how the latest villian isn't living up to the "standared" left by Heath Ledger.

I've also been reading that some of you wanted a lil more Batman. I'm forced to agree. like dude said, not chacter development just seeing Bats do his thing. also I'm hopeing that Bats will be a lil more "grand" in the next film. what I mean by that is, the way he's just suddenly in the center of a dance club. Now I know he has that whole stealth thing going on, but i'd like to see his entrance & exit I lil more...................."grand". BUT!!! I give any & all movie makers who are reading this! DO NOT CROSS THE LINE! being grand is one thing, standing about with you bat wings spread out as if to intimidate is played out & corny. & if the do make center the bat tech then PLLEASE THINK before you do something crazy like ice skates popping out of boots (but I think its fair to say they've learned that lesson already).

As for what villian my vote has always been for Cat Woman! now who she'll be partnerd with is any ones guess. Two Face would be ok with me. But again i'll make another warning. DONT USE TOO MANY VILLAINS! learn from that Spider man mess!

But yes! I think the "Bat Wing stealth fighter" might just be the star of the next Batman.

Yeah one scene that I wanted to see...and I thought I might get to see up till the end. Was a sequence with Two-Face being placed in a cell in some dark unused partk of Arkaham, with Scarecrow and Joker already being there.

And the biggest laugh the Joker gave me wasn't the magic trick, but when he used the Hand Santizer in the hospital after setting Two-Face free. Don't know why, but that just had me rolling.

LMAO - The hand sanitizer scene rocked. THanks for reminding me. XD

Honestly, as frightening and intense as Joker was, there were so many more legitimately funny things he did in this film versus and other incarnation of the character. Yes, even counting Nicholson.

Tom

saw it and loved it. I loved the little comment Lucius Fox made to Batman at the begining. When they were discussing his new suit. Bruce asks if it will hold up to dogs and Fox says it will against cats. Thought that was cool, and a nice little nod.

saw it and loved it. I loved the little comment Lucius Fox made to Batman at the begining. When they were discussing his new suit. Bruce asks if it will hold up to dogs and Fox says it will against cats. Thought that was cool, and a nice little nod.

Oh God!!! dude just get a nail gun & staple my ass to the roof of a short bus!! My thick headed ass is just now getting that.

I sware, I don't know if this is my head or if my neck is just blowing a bubble!!!

Oh God!!! dude just get a nail gun & staple my ass to the roof of a short bus!! My thick headed ass is just now getting that.

I sware, I don't know if this is my head or if my neck is just blowing a bubble!!!

neither.....youve just been sitting on your head for so long, that you forgot that your ass does all of the thinking.(lol)

Just saw it today, and I'm still trying to remember everything I loved about the film, because I loved every part it. Just about every scene was worth having a framed 6x4 foot poster made. Heath Ledger's performance was far above what I was expecting, and my expectations were high. I was also amazed at Eckhart's performance and was surprised that it was kinda left to believe he was dead.

I guess I will just list some things that surprised me.

-When Batman went after Maroni (sp?) in that dance club. I kinda reminded me of Batman: The Animated Series. I don't know why, but I was geeking out about that.

-Harvey Dent saying HE was Batman totally surprised me.

-The way that Batman went to Hong Kong and grabbed that guy. Wow!

-Seeing vigilantes dressed as Batman with guns, kinda like Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

O was anyone else happy that they killed Rachael off? I really did not like her character and I cannot believe they finally made a Bats film where he didn't reveal his identity to a broad

I didnt really like her part in TDK, I think Kate Holmes played a better part. I still didnt want to see her killed off though. Without her then batman has nothing to lose, accept alfred which who will probably die in the 3rd on, if there is one.

I didnt really like her part in TDK, I think Kate Holmes played a better part. I still didnt want to see her killed off though. Without her then batman has nothing to lose, accept alfred which who will probably die in the 3rd on, if there is one.

Doubt Alfred would die since he is still living in the comics I think. Bat's love interest died to make the transition of a emotional bruce wayne to the somewhat distant batman we have seen in the comics. I guess they killed her off to show that Batman no longer hold deep grudges against ppl who killed a love one of his, hence makin him hold his belief not to kill during tough situations.

So, who thinks Harvey Dent/Two Face is dead?

I think the movie sort of led you to believe he was dead, but then they didn't show anything definitive to make it official one way or the other. I'd be surprised if he truly was as killing off important characters doesn't seem to be Christopher Nolan's thing. But that could be wishful thinking on my part.

Incidentally, that's one of the few things I didn't like about the film. I was hoping Two Face would be the villain in the next film, and if he's dead that's a bummer to me.

One other thing that was a little disappointing to me was that The Joker was so great of a character, but the PG-13 rating took a little of his thunder away. Obviously I wasn't expecting gore like a horror movie, and I wouldn't really want that, anyway, but he wasn't quite as disturbing or creepy as I was expecting. I wanted to be freaked out by this disturbed character, but it was more like I was a little freaked out by this pretty disturbed character (if that makes sense).

I liked Batman's voice. I think it comes off as part of what the character is, like Batman's not quite human, or is human but just barely so.

I knew Rachel Dawes was going to die. I had nothing concrete, but I would have bet a small fortune on it. Batman had to lose somebody significant, and she was the most logical choice. I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal took over nicely for Katie Holmes but was slightly less pretentious and self-righteous (which was the Rachel Dawes character, not Katie Holmes, in Batman Begins).

I don't know if they'll do a third film or who they'll have in it, but it better not be Catwoman (though she's been around as long as The Joker) or the Penguin. The Penguin is a weak character, Catwoman has never seemed like an interesting one, and neither of them strikes me as Nolan-universe villains.

I would love Penguin (who by no means is a weak character) but I feel like DeVito's Penguin from returns matches Nolans style, and I cannot see Nolan asking DeVito back. I don't think there is anyone out there who could top DeVito. He was perfect for that role, and I don't know who could replace him

The Penguin's as classic a villain for Batman as you'll find outside of The Joker, but I still don't see why that makes him a good character. There's nothing intimidating about a penguin to begin with, and he's obviously no physical threat whatsoever to anyone (even if he does look scary in the face like Burton's version). And the umbrella is kind of silly to me. Sure, you can make him a mob boss, but then he's just another Sal Moroni.

When you think of the classic Batman stories, do any of them involve the Penguin? Admittedly, I haven't read all the comics, so maybe there's a story I'm forgetting or missed. He just comes off as a little ridiculous to me.

Christopher Nolan (and anyone else with a good argument here) could change my mind, though.

I would have posted this in the other 2 threads that talk about dressing up to go see TDK, but they don't have spoiler warning on them.

Any who, guess how I'm gonna dress the next time I go see TDK...................................NURSE JOKER!!!!

The hard part is finding a classic Nurse outfit. these day every one in the hospital wares scrubs.

man! people are realy gonna wonder WTF, when they see me in clown make up & a white skirt nurse get up.

I would love Penguin (who by no means is a weak character) but I feel like DeVito's Penguin from returns matches Nolans style, and I cannot see Nolan asking DeVito back. I don't think there is anyone out there who could top DeVito. He was perfect for that role, and I don't know who could replace him

Paul Giamatti would make a good Penguin. Or Patton Oswalt.

A friend of mine said it would be almost impossible to go "bigger" with the next film and I agree.

I think Harvey Dent is dead.

Complaining about not enough Batman in your Batman movie? Batman was the central theme of the first film. The major story arc of the second film is what happens when you introduce a chaotic element into Gotham City like the Batman. Batman is the sounding board in this film. He's the foil. The story is the extreme nature of good vs evil that didn't exist before Batman showed up. Now we have Crusading DA Harvey Dent (good) vs the nihilism and anarchy of the Joker (evil). This movie is really their story.

I think the Riddler would make a good villain in three. Make it a cerebral battle. Somebody mentioned Anthony Michael Hall's Mike Engel character would be the Riddler in the third film. What if it's a man who is obsessed with finding out Batman's true identity? He needs to unmask him to prove how smart he is. It's the ultimate riddle and he NEEDS to solve it. Show Batman as a DETECTIVE instead of a crimefighter.

Or Catwoman. What is the nature of a "villain"? Things could get especially complicated if Bruce and Selina are dancing around each other, at the same time Bat and Cat are.