DCUC Infinite Heroes

Dragon66

Well, it looks like Mattel is listening. According to an interview done at SDCC by Vanilla Blue at Fwoosh, DCIH IS ADDING ARTICULATION in later lines :

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=...91&Itemid=1

With the improvement in the sculpts that were shown and now the added articulation, this MIGHT have a chance. I hope they fix the big hands too. I'll be interested to see how these wind up looking now and if they actually will look good with other 1:18 stuff. I hope so.

Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Some are complaining that this actually RUINS the line for them. It just goes to show you it's impossible to please everyone. I think it's a pretty sound move. Those that enjoy the DCIH as is get a VERY solid lineup of characters. Those that think the articulation stinks, DCIH may be for you in 2009.

Well, it looks like Mattel is listening. According to an interview done at SDCC by Vanilla Blue at Fwoosh, DCIH IS ADDING ARTICULATION in later lines :

http://www.thefwoosh.com/index.php?option=...91&Itemid=1

All good news! I just wish they would have asked if the price was going to go up. I can't see how it won't. $7.99 has killed a lot of lines for me.

Thanks for posting this. If they can deliver on 3/4 of these promises, that will be the reason I think the line can be special and I'm willing to support it upfront to keep 2009 a reality!

I'm thrilled to hear about the new articulation (and keeping my fingers crossed about the quality). Any competition between the "Big Two" as far as I am concerned, will only serve to ultimately (no pun intended, improve BOTH lines).

Of course I am hardly objective, being one of the admins of a board devoted exclusively to the little buggers (and the upcoming Marvel Line). The days ahead are going to be bright ones for 3 3/4" Superhero collectors...

http://miniheroes.proboards104.com/index.cgi

The 3-Packs are $9.99 according to the tags at Target

Wow! That is even better!

The 3-packs finally hit my area, today. Unfortunately, they're $14.99 at my local K-Mart, and we don't have a Target. Are they still ten bucks at Targets?

I still have yet to see the three-packs. I've seen plenty of empty pegs for them though.

The way I always see pegs and pegs full of the single packs though make me think that Mattel is being hopelessly optimistic making plans for 2010. What are they going to do besides help TRU clean out their discount bins?

I hate to be pessimistic here. It'd be nice if the quality improves as they say and the line really takes off, but I wouldn't put money on that.

What I sawat San Diego makes me think that Mattel is listening, but unfortunately by making the initial wave peg warmers, I know that my local stores will never see any new product due to 3 to 4 full pegs of wave 1 and 6 pegs if Fighting Figs. Speaking of Fighting Figs, I remember seeing in Lee's or Tomart, a whole bunch of sculpts that were to be released. This is the feeling that I get when I go hunting for DCUC or JLU, I am not seeing those but tons of wave 1 DCIH, lots of potential and no delivery. And to answer another question, the price cards at Target still say $9.99 on the 3-Pks.

... And to answer another question, the price cards at Target still say $9.99 on the 3-Pks.

Dang! I bought for the fifteen bucks at K-Mart. Man, I wish we had a local Target.

... And to answer another question, the price cards at Target still say $9.99 on the 3-Pks.

Dang! I bought for the fifteen bucks at K-Mart. Man, I wish we had a local Target.

I know it doesn't make you feel better, But if your nearest Target is more than 40 miles you would have paid the same price in gas, at least your Kmart stocks items from the past 3 months. My closest Kmart just put DCSH Series 1 Scarecrow on clearance for $7, yeah for us.

I know it doesn't make you feel better, But if your nearest Target is more than 40 miles you would have paid the same price in gas, at least your Kmart stocks items from the past 3 months. My closest Kmart just put DCSH Series 1 Scarecrow on clearance for $7, yeah for us.

Yeah, the nearest Target is almost 90 miles away. I was focusing the "Dang!" more towards just not having a Target in the area, period.

This may have already been answered, but I thought I'd ask anyway...

Is Black Adam out? He's pictured on the back of wave 1, but I haven't seen him. I have Atom and Black Hand. Has anyone seen Black Adam yet?

Is Black Adam out? He's pictured on the back of wave 1, but I haven't seen him. I have Atom and Black Hand. Has anyone seen Black Adam yet?

I have not seen one, but I am scared to see his hands when I do.

I had just been assuming he was the short pack or chase? After all the damn huntinf for DCSHC series 3, I think I would have seen at least 1 by now though...

• 3 weeks later...

I see there is one Black Adam on Amazon.com among some other new ones. Of course at exorbanent prices.

I just saw the 1st wave of 3 packs at my KMart. However the paint apps weren't very good especially for $14.99. They didn't have any singles either.

I tried the DCPI number on

http://www.schumanfamily.com/fatwallet/tar...8323254-2867050

but it isn't being recognized.

Is there any other way to look for availability at Target?

• 1 month later...

@grumpy@ Target has increased the 3 packs to $16.99

Single figures have a temporary price cut to $3.99 of course all that is available here is wave 1

Also I've read that they did ruin the female characters with very limited articulation.

I'm pretty much done with these.

I have learned if you are going to collect anything from Mattel, you get it when you find it....I bought these from www.YouBuyNow.com.

Infinite Heroes:

Batwoman

Wildcat

Black Hand

The Atom

The Question

THis is the second time I have used You Buy Now.com. I ordered Sunday and received them today. Great service. Prices are a little higher for these @ $7.99, but it is a heck of a lot chepaer than running a 70 mile circuit on a Saturday trying to find something that is not there.

I still can't get over the grabby hands on the guys. (Girls are fine, but who wants a a collection of all girls? ;) ) I DO like how they look all together like that, but I would like them even more if they were identical to the Joes, or at least Star Wars figs I have. Imagine the hilarious shots you could set up!

Here's my DCIH setup -

Nice! Close-ups of Supergirl & Wondergirl please. Do they have any mid-section articulation like the guys?

The female figures have different articulation than the male figures. They have - neck cut, cut shoulders, v-crotch, mid torso swivel & knees. And they don't have elbow joints. My Wonder Girl has a very sloppy paint job on her torso. There's also two bases for the females, but they are kind of think so if you use them they end up making the females taller than the big guns like Superman & Batman.

IMGP2045.jpg

IMGP2044.jpg

IMGP2024.jpg

IMGP2046.jpg