DCUC Infinite Heroes

Dragon66

here in myrtle beach, sc we of course have NOT A SINGLE ONE IN OUR CRAPPY TARGET AS USUAL hahahaha

I love the idea of a 6" Reverse Flash as long as we finally see a 6" Flash. Because without Flash there are no Rogues.

Well yeah they would need to do a 6 inch Flash first......what the heck I hope they put them in the same wave of DCUC.......I mean it would be just a repaint.

At least they might have the common decency to give Zoom a different head sculpt, with crazy red eyes and the biggest frown we've ever seen.

Yeah they would probably do a new head sculpt.....At any rate it's a cheaper figure for them to make.....so here's hoping for wave 6.

That would be sweet with Captain Cold and Mirror Master, Anyway, to get back on topic, if I were to pick up the one Infinite Hero that did not steal Gorilla Godd's Hands (Reverse Flash), do I pose it with my massive JLU Flash or should I have him chase my son's Ben 10 figures?

Let your son have it......they are much cooler (IMO) then DC Superfriends.

I took him to Target and let him see them, he decided to take a pass, opting for the Movie Masters Batman. Which is cool with me that even at 5, he appreciates a better looking toy. He was excited to get it home and take on the DCUC and DCSH evildoers. Anyway, we will wait for for the new JLU figures for something in that size.

watch out for lead! we dont want the little guys sick.

First signs of the three packs (what I'm really waiting for) on Ebay:

DC Infinite Heroes on EBAY

As usual the jerk thinks just because he has the only listing up that he can charge an arm and a leg for it. 45 bucks for a set that probably cost 9.99 or so? Ok... Hopefully I get lucky again and catch the three packs at Target. I mean I don't really want both but I would kill for that Flash, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard set.

7f7d_1.JPG

Don't know the rules about pics but that was the one the guy had posted. Little miffed about the fact that Weather Wizard's mask is still yellow but that's a small gripe. I do wish they would have included a weather wand (maybe they did I really can't tell from the pic) but I guess since he is off and on using it, that doesn't really matter.

Also with the people complaining about the paint applications here's something to remember about these...In the pics the figures are magnified, but with the naked eye they look much cleaner. Example: In my pics that I posted at POA the flaws in Professor Zoom's "bolt logo" sticks out like a sore thumb. Yet the flaws are not noticeable when sitting here looking at the figures in person.

That being said the other 3 figures I did pass on (I did buy both Guy's) were pretty poorly painted...

Here were their problems -

The Professor Zoom had a very bady smudged black area under one eye.

Shazam had a bald spot/streak in the front of his hair.

Adam Strange had a poorly paited helmet.

Guy had a white mark on the green of his jacket and blotchy belt. Like I said I did buy both Guys though. I did removed the white streak though. (The flawed one is in the last 4 pics I posted starting with the JLU Superman)

Also with the people complaining about the paint applications here's something to remember about these...In the pics the figures are magnified, but with the naked eye they look much cleaner. Example: In my pics that I posted at POA the flaws in Professor Zoom's "bolt logo" sticks out like a sore thumb. Yet the flaws are not noticeable when sitting here looking at the figures in person.

That being said the other 3 figures I did pass on (I did buy both Guy's) were pretty poorly painted...

Guy had a white mark on the green of his jacket and blotchy belt. Like I said I did buy both Guys though. I did removed the white streak though. (The flawed one is in the last 4 pics I posted starting with the JLU Superman)

Yep looks like we need to inspect the figures closely before we choose one.

Also I've heard the 3 packs are trickling out not just on eBay. TNI posted that 3 packs were a MSRP of $15.99. Singles were $5.99. So hopefully the trend of $1 less continues & 3 packs are $14.99.

Dang! Starfinger is REALLY trying for this line. He REALLY is!

When he first heard of a 3 3/4" line of DC characters, Star was all like YEAH! Bring it! But then we saw those prototypes at ToyFare and they were so...UGH! But still, Starfinger was like, OK. They're only prototypes. Maybe the final fig will kick major A. They looked bad, but they were doing soooo many different characters... Damn!

Then those pics turned up of the figs and they actually looked WORST than the prototypes. And Starfinger was like oh man.

It turns out Mattel is farming this one out to get it done totally on the cheap. They're actually being SCULPTED by the chinese factory where they're being made!!! Mattel wants to see how these do, before they really back them. Then maybe they'll spring to let the 4-H do the sculpts. So maybe down the road the 4 H will design the apology figs for these first few waves.

Looking at them now, Captain Marvel s REALLY lame. Reverse Flash ...and why are they calling this guy Professor Zoom? This guy is just ZOOM!... he looks like the best of the bunch. Guy looks bad but not as bad.

The Flash three pack is sweet.

Starfinger is really going to have to ick and choose from this line.

HAHAHA!!! That's what I thought when I saw the production figures.

I got some of the Dark Knight figures in the same scale. I thought they looked like crap in the store but gave them a chance anyway. When I got them home I didn't hate them. Joker needs some paint. Wayne is really rigid. Batman's legs may be a little short. Still, not bad. I'm willing to give the figures a chance. Maybe some slight customization will help. Needless to say, my shelves will appreciate smaller figures.

Yep looks like we need to inspect the figures closely before we choose one.

Also I've heard the 3 packs are trickling out not just on eBay. TNI posted that 3 packs were a MSRP of $15.99. Singles were $5.99. So hopefully the trend of $1 less continues & 3 packs are $14.99.

The 3-Packs are $9.99 according to the tags at Target

any sku numbers or whatever it is they call it at Target??? LOL...my target is so lame at putting stuff out I would love to call and check before driving there

DCPI 087061638 for all the single cards

They don't differentiate between characters.

Just picked up Gordon and the Flash three packs at target. No singles found. At first, I was not impressed with the paint jobs, especially on the GCPD swat figs (too glossy and funny eyes). After checking through the inventory, I managed to get a nice looking Gordon, Flash, Mirror Master, and Weather wizard, but all the swat figs' faces looked bad. After a second look the paint is prettty decent on most of the figs for the scale. One thing to note about the swat figs' is that their bodies are nice and they come with a hard to see baton accessory, which be careful not to throw away (I almost did!). Overall once I got these figures out of the package, I was happy with the articulation (much more articulation than the Dark Knight 4'' Figs and not so articulated that tings fall off like my sisters Star Wars figs). These figures look great displayed with my Dark Knight Bat-Bunker, tumbler, and DK 4'' batman and Joker.

In sum, these figures kind-of look weird at first due to being a size i'm not yet used to seeing DC heroes in, but in the end i'm happy. Rock-ON Mattel.

I found all 4 single cards and the two 3 packs this morning. I only picked up Shazzam and the Flash 3 pack. Passed on the rest. My over all first impression is that these guys are pretty cool. The limited articulation is not as bad as I thought it would be. The oversized hands really only applies to Shazzam. Flash, MM and WW hands all seem just fine to me. But yes, Shazzam's hands are grossly too big.

My only other complaint is the assortment of characters. I'm pretty well versed in DC comics (compared to the average person on the street) and I am only vaguely familiar with some of the characters and I really have no interest in most of them.

I worry about the longevity of this line. I fear the adult collector is going to be turned off by the size, proportion problems, and general "kiddiness" of the line and I fear the kids/parents will be turned off by the lack of recognizable characters. I hesitate to invest my time and energy in this line because i just don't see it lasting too long. I'd hate to end up with only a handfull of characters I want and never being able to complete the team I want to build.

Over all I like the line and am so far impressed enough to continue picking up my favorite characters but I certainly don't "have to catch them all".

I can't help but wonder - I like the way all the female figures look - all proportionate and 'just right'. I'd buy all of them in a heartbeat. But it really boggles my mind looking at the male figs - I would not even display them together, what with their open-handed monkey paws. Can't they see that? I know it's been said before, but these SDCC pics really accentuate the fact. Girls? Spot on. Guys? Too many nights spent alone in the dark practicing to be ambidextrous with a sock! (to put it as cleanly as possible!)

I can't help but wonder - I like the way all the female figures look - all proportionate and 'just right'. I'd buy all of them in a heartbeat. But it really boggles my mind looking at the male figs - I would not even display them together, what with their open-handed monkey paws. Can't they see that? I know it's been said before, but these SDCC pics really accentuate the fact. Girls? Spot on. Guys? Too many nights spent alone in the dark practicing to be ambidextrous with a sock! (to put it as cleanly as possible!)

Unfortunately the new pics show that Mattel ruined the female heroes!

Toy Fair: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...600&start=0

What the heck happend to Power Girl???

I would really like them to have elbow articulation too! Not like the JLU figures. :angry:

Someone go up to the Mattel booth & slap a rep for me!

I dunno seeing the pics from SDCC actually makes me want to start collecting all of them rather than just Flash and Flash related characters. They look awesome and remind me of my old days collecting Toybiz X-Men, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man and Ghost Rider toys. I love the articulation, I actually really can't stand all the new figures with crazy articulation everywhere and very much prefer the old school way. Although I would have had no problem if they would have given the legs a little more articulation as far as being able to do kicks.

Long story short, I'm hyped and I can't wait until they start releasing the major heroes. The three packs look fantastic and the six packs...whoa baby.

I'm officially hyped.

Unfortunately the new pics show that Mattel ruined the female heroes!

Toy Fair: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...600&start=0

What the heck happend to Power Girl???

I would really like them to have elbow articulation too! Not like the JLU figures. :angry:

Someone go up to the Mattel booth & slap a rep for me!

I would need a side-by-side comparison, but I think the only differences are the yellow braid holding the cape and they closed her hands into fists rather than karate-choppers. I think she looks fine. But I can't really tell as the Toy Fair pic is real close up, and the only pic I could find of SDCC is a bit far out and overhead.

I found the four singles at Target yesterday and at Toys R Us today. Target had them for 4.99 each. TRU had them for an obscene 6.99 each. Neither place had the 3 packs.

Here are some thoughts... I've really been on the fence with these figures. I love the idea and the wide assortment of characters that we're getting all at once. From the beginning though, every pic has shown an iffy at best sculpt and they only seemed to get worse from prototype to final. I knew it would come down to seeing them in person and it did. I picked up Zoom and Guy Gardner and passed up Adam Strange and Shazam.

Individually...

Professor Zoom: He's the best of the bunch. His sculpt is actually pretty good and the hands aren't so big that it detracts. A nice, very basic figure.

Guy Gardner: Not bad but not great either. The skimping this line does on the details really shows up on Guy. Despite his jacket, every other detail is just painted on. The boots are just painted on and there's no turtle neck. The lantern emblem is pulled pretty far to his left. I guess he's sometimes drawn this way, but it seems pretty drastic on this figure. Guy's hands are a bit on the big side.

Adam Strange: Does the modern Adam Strange really have this much yellow on his costume? Ugh! I guess if you're a real Adam Strange fan, you might forgive the crudeness of this figure. The helmet is nice and so is the jet pack, but this guy is REALLY crying out for a gun of some kind. I guess its up to us to supply him with a blaster from Han Solo or GI Joe.

Captain Marvel: Ugh! This one is HIDEOUS! I love the Big Red Cheese but I couldn't bring myself to plunk down a five spot for this guy. His hands are disturbingly huge. The flap on his costume is just crudely painted on. The cape is a nice soft rubber but the rope around his neck is just way too thick. It breaks my heart to call this one the worst of the four, but I'm really going to have to hold my nose if I ever break down and buy him.

Overall ...I like this line better than I thought I would but if the quality is this up and down, it's definitely going to be collected on a figure by figure basis. I don't know if focusing on the modern version of these characters is necessarily smart. Does the All-New Atom really have more fans than Ray Palmer? I'm definitely going to pass up modern versions like that. If future figures are on a par with Zoom, I'll probably go for them.

Price is definitely going to be a factor for these too. Given the total lack of accessories and the size and overall cheapness of these figures, 4.99 is the ABSOLUTE highest that I would pay for a single figure. TRU is INSANE charging 6.99 for these. If they can't keep these at 4.99 ...and I'm keeping my eye on YOU, Target... then multi-packs are going to be the only way to go with these. With DCU and JLU, there are plenty of other options to collect Dc figures to really force yourself to settle for these.

Alright - I found the singles at Tru and the 3-packs at Target, so they're in CT.

Having actually seen them up close, now, I can say without doubt these will not fit into my collection. I have limited myself to either 6-inch type or 3 3/4 inch Joe-type. These are slightly smaller, and thus appear less heroic than you're average G.I. Joe figure. Meaning to display them together would take some trick photography to make them look compatible. Disappointed, but I guess two different toy companies, so there you go.

I will say that for those who are on the fence about them, they DO look alot better than what I've seen in images. They're not so much cartoony as at first presented, and even though the males still have the open hand, it's definitely less pronounced than the displays seen so far. In fact, almost proportionate, just still looks a little 'wanting' for something. (Who walks around or poses with their hands like that?)

I can honestly say, if they were in-scale with G. I. Joe, and if my finances weren't already pushing Jupiter as it is, I would be picking these up, especially with the sheer amount foretold to be released, and especially moreso because they will be based on COIE, meaning anything's possible in the way of characters.

Alright - I found the singles at Tru and the 3-packs at Target, so they're in CT.

Having actually seen them up close, now, I can say without doubt these will not fit into my collection. I have limited myself to either 6-inch type or 3 3/4 inch Joe-type. These are slightly smaller, and thus appear less heroic than you're average G.I. Joe figure. Meaning to display them together would take some trick photography to make them look compatible. Disappointed, but I guess two different toy companies, so there you go.

I will say that for those who are on the fence about them, they DO look alot better than what I've seen in images. They're not so much cartoony as at first presented, and even though the males still have the open hand, it's definitely less pronounced than the displays seen so far. In fact, almost proportionate, just still looks a little 'wanting' for something. (Who walks around or poses with their hands like that?)

I can honestly say, if they were in-scale with G. I. Joe, and if my finances weren't already pushing Jupiter as it is, I would be picking these up, especially with the sheer amount foretold to be released, and especially moreso because they will be based on COIE, meaning anything's possible in the way of characters.

Actually they are in scale to old G.I. Joe figures not the newest 25th Anniversary versions.

PowerGirl has her "assets" removed & it is a painted spot.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...800&start=0

Did you guys see the Marvel 1/18 line? Seriously someone go up & slap a MATTEL rep!!! @grumpy@

Actually they are in scale to old G.I. Joe figures not the newest 25th Anniversary versions.

PowerGirl has her "assets" removed & it is a painted spot.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...800&start=0

Did you guys see the Marvel 1/18 line? Seriously someone go up & slap a MATTEL rep!!! @grumpy@

seriously. infinite heroes look like early 90's garbage compared to the new marvel 3 3/4 line.

The Target by me just put out the single packs but still no 3-packs.

It looks like there's going to be a lot of these figures. Any word whether Hal Jordan will be single packed? I don't mind the Black Canary and Green Arrow, but I don't want to have to get a lot of extra figures so I can complete my Green Lantern collection

seriously. infinite heroes look like early 90's garbage compared to the new marvel 3 3/4 line.

Yeah... the new Marvel 3 3/4" line is REALLY showing up the DC line for what it is ...half-assed and cheap. Oh, I'll still buy the occasional figure, but let's call it what it is here.

Shazam looks like some slow blind kid's cheap custom next to Marvel's 3 3/4" Thor!

And the irony is, when I posted my review, there were at least 4 full sets at that TrU, and 3 of each 3-pack at the Target. That was at about 1:30-2:00 PM when I went to those two store. I went back today to pick up a BMF Millenium Falcon (no dice either store) and all the Infinites were gone.

Someone around here really likes them!

As for the Marvel figs, I hope since they are made by Hasbro, they'll be more in scale with the Joes, and if so, those are gonna be some great figs! (I believe the Showdown figs were the same, so these might be too.)