DCUC Infinite Heroes

Dragon66

I'm sure the line will do just fine with out me.

I doubt it.

This line seems to be dying.

After watching this line, which was a train of bad decisions right from the start from character selection to poor sculpting to outrageous pricing, I finally found not ONE but TWO nice things to say about them...

1) The sculpting on some of these latter figures such as Dr. Fate and Sinestro seems to be an improvement.

2) As outrageously priced as these little rip-offs are, they aren't as offensively over-priced as the Marvel Universe line! One 3 3/4 figure for 9.49?!? Ouch! A little vaseline with that please!

I knew the Mallah set was cancelled, but I thought I heard someone mention that the Gotham Criminals set was cancelled, also. My TRU has the OA and Battle for Metropolis sets in mass amounts, also.

So I saw in person the Marvel, 3 3/4" figures, and I hate to say it, but their variety and fiished product by far kicks the DCIH lines tail. I hate to even say that, as I am a hardcore DC fan. Even the new Wolverine figures are better than most of teh DC figures. One of the Wal-Marts I went just put the whole Marvel Case assortments out and I was really impressed. Mattel needs to step it up with DCIH. I will say this, the Marvel figures are much more expensive than what we are paying for the DCIH. I think they are around $8.60 a figure or so. I guess for that kind of tooling you have to pay a greater price, but I probably be willing to pay more if the product were that good.

I doubt it.

This line seems to be dying.

After watching this line, which was a train of bad decisions right from the start from character selection to poor sculpting to outrageous pricing, I finally found not ONE but TWO nice things to say about them...

1) The sculpting on some of these latter figures such as Dr. Fate and Sinestro seems to be an improvement.

2) As outrageously priced as these little rip-offs are, they aren't as offensively over-priced as the Marvel Universe line! One 3 3/4 figure for 9.49?!? Ouch! A little vaseline with that please!

Dying? Hardly. They are over-priced. You really have to shop around for the best prices. Target has everyone beat with their $4.99 price. TRU beats everyone on the 3 pack price $12.99.

Marvel Universe is not offensively over-priced everywhere. Most places are $7.99 which seem to be the going rate for figures now. That does suck but its the economy unfortunately.

I can't believe people complain about it then quote the outrageous prices from scalpers. Yes I believe Walmart is scalping them. :rolleyes:

If you're in Canada then too bad. @hmmm@

Dying? Hardly.

Are you kidding me? It's okay to enjoy these ugly little rip-offs. That's up to you, but let's not deny the obvious here. This line is doomed. The target market for this figures is just too divided on them. These aren't just aimed at action figure collectors. They're aimed at action figure collectors who don't mind paying too much for a poorly sculpted unpopular version of an obscure character. Man! That's a niche market if ever there was one.

They are over-priced. You really have to shop around for the best prices. Target has everyone beat with their $4.99 price. TRU beats everyone on the 3 pack price $12.99.

Well, there you go! Exhibit A, B, and C in the trial of this line's demise. Most Targets, in spite of that generous 4.99 price tag, are STILL clogged with the first four figures of this line. Hell! They couldn't unload them for that brief little while when they had them marked down to 3.99! As for TRU, they sat on their 3 packs for a good while and by all accounts, they're choking on those colossal gyps, the Oa and Metropolis multi-packs.

If you're in Canada then too bad.

Wow... that's so understanding of you.

These figures do seem to be hanging around on the pegs in my area. I've passed on the line because of the poor articulation. Otherwise I'd probably have gotten quite a few by now. If they didn't have t-crotches, I think that might be enough to get me to buy them. As it is, I'm passing.

Are you kidding me? It's okay to enjoy these ugly little rip-offs. That's up to you, but let's not deny the obvious here. This line is doomed. The target market for this figures is just too divided on them. These aren't just aimed at action figure collectors. They're aimed at action figure collectors who don't mind paying too much for a poorly sculpted unpopular version of an obscure character. Man! That's a niche market if ever there was one.

The target market = kids which like them just fine. In my area they seem to sell pretty well even at high priced WM.

Well, there you go! Exhibit A, B, and C in the trial of this line's demise. Most Targets, in spite of that generous 4.99 price tag, are STILL clogged with the first four figures of this line. Hell! They couldn't unload them for that brief little while when they had them marked down to 3.99! As for TRU, they sat on their 3 packs for a good while and by all accounts, they're choking on those colossal gyps, the Oa and Metropolis multi-packs.

Unlike your area my Target has newer figures than the 1st four figures. So I guess the $3.99 sale helped here. @smilepunch@

I agree TRU's multipacks are a joke. It is probably one of the reasons the Teen Titans pack was cancelled.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been able to put together an almost complete set for less than $80 through loose auctions. My son is loving these, and they have improved the sculpting for these later waves. One of the better looking figures so far is the limited edition Wonder Woman that came with the Wonder Woman Movie at Best Buy.

My Target finally got the Lex Luthor 3 pack. However they are $16.99 & they can keep 'em! @grumpy@

Ha and the Marvel U figures took over 4 pegs from them too. Now JLU has 2 pegs & DCIH has 2. They still mix them up too!

The target market = kids which like them just fine.

I really doubt this. What kid knows who the modern Spectre, the Qwardian Warrior, or Adam Strange are? If these characters were currently appearing on some cartoon somewhere, then I'd say, "Okay. They're aiming at the kids who watch this show." These characters only apear in contemporary comics... which are primarily read by adults!

In my area they seem to sell pretty well even at high priced WM.

If this is true, then your area appears to be the exception. In my area, EVERY last store that carried Wave 1 is still stuck with tons of them. From what I've read on these boards, this appears to be the case elsewhere as well.

Unlike your area my Target has newer figures than the 1st four figures. So I guess the $3.99 sale helped here.

I don't know if I'd necessarily make that connection, but I have seen some of the latter figures so I knew they were being sold SOMEWHERE. These retailers though must definitely be in the minority.

This line is really loaded with problems. Logically, I really can't see it continuing but then again, I've written off JLU just about every year its come out. Maybe this flea-bitten dog of a toy line will continue to stubbornly limp along as well! As for me, I'd love a3 3/4 DC line but these guys are too expensive and too ugly!

This line may be saved by improved articulation. The Animal Man figure is suppose to have ball joints at the elbows and knees. While the original waves are peg warmers, some of the newer figures are selling as soon as they are in stock. Especially the Batman characters.

At my work which is Toys R Us we still have the first set which is of Guy & Capt. Marvel. Target seems to have the same thing with Adam Stranger to them. My Wal-Mart is the only place that has gotten the news ones but as of late I only have seen is Green Arrow and Black Lighting. I did one time see. Batman,Wonder Woman, Sinestro,Joker,Nightwing but that's it and the only one I really want is the Atom "Ray Palmer".

This line may be saved by improved articulation. The Animal Man figure is suppose to have ball joints at the elbows and knees. While the original waves are peg warmers, some of the newer figures are selling as soon as they are in stock. Especially the Batman characters.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really didn't want more articulation from this line. Especially after looking at Hasbro's Marvel Universe line where they all have so much articulation, they look like fragile pieces of plastic connected by way too many joints. The DC line, imho, needed(or needs if it's not too late):

1) Packaging that didn't look exactly like the JLU line(Hasbro's Marvel line has great packaging where every character has their own art; too bad I hate Hasbro and the Nu MU)

2) They shouldn't have started the line with C-listers and obscure characters(why release Guy Gardner and Zoom before a Hal or Flash toy, much less an Adam Strange before a Superman or Batman?)

3) Better paint jobs

4) Better sculpting

5) Stop re-releasing/repackaging 1 figure 2 or 3 times before creating new figures

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really didn't want more articulation from this line.

I'm with you on this. I've always been satisfied with the minimal articulation. I've always thought this line had much bigger problems.

...Especially after looking at Hasbro's Marvel Universe line where they all have so much articulation, they look like fragile pieces of plastic connected by way too many joints.

I like the Marvel Universe line but I will admit that they are pretty delicate.

1) Packaging that didn't look exactly like the JLU line(Hasbro's Marvel line has great packaging where every character has their own art; too bad I hate Hasbro and the Nu MU)

2) They shouldn't have started the line with C-listers and obscure characters(why release Guy Gardner and Zoom before a Hal or Flash toy, much less an Adam Strange before a Superman or Batman?)

3) Better paint jobs

4) Better sculpting

5) Stop re-releasing/repackaging 1 figure 2 or 3 times before creating new figures

I agree with every one of these points and I would add the ridiculous pricing. Target probably has it right at 4.99 for the singles and TRU has it at my limit for the 3 packs with 12.99, but every other price tag I've ever see on these things has been outrageous. Those multi-packs that are currently strangling TRU are clearly the most obvious evidence of this. I will admit that at 8 and 9 bucks MU is as offensive but since their figures aren't as ugly as DCIH (for the most part. Yeah, Hulk. You suck!) I can grudgingly tolerate it ...although I'm definitely picking and choosing the essentials. There's no way at eight and nine bucks that I'm looking to be a completist with MU.

The Marvel figures are not fragile at all. The only fragile part could be the plastic T-bar. That part is usually metal in G.I. Joe figures.

I agree with you on points 3, 4, & 5.

The sculpts are really weak when you have to paint on details like bracers/bracelets. That is probably my #3 top concern besides articulation and...

GIVE THE FEMALE CHARACTERS THE SAME LEVEL OF ARTICULATION SO THEY ARE NOT ALMOST STATUES! @grumpy@

Target this morning had put a temporary price cut on the 3-packs down to $12.99.

Really?! I was just there I didn't notice that. :(

Then I can finally pick up Lex Luthor & his henchmen.

Heck of a lot better than $16.99!

My Target finally got the Lex Luthor 3 pack. However they are $16.99 & they can keep 'em! @grumpy@

Ha and the Marvel U figures took over 4 pegs from them too. Now JLU has 2 pegs & DCIH has 2. They still mix them up too!

I did the reset in my Target for the figures and I was like wtf?

But I blame Mattel for this they have been doing things like this going all the way back to the origional Battlestar Galactica line way back in 1978 and it continues through today