DCUC Infinite Heroes

Dragon66

Its about 2 hrs from ralieigh.

But how far is that from Raleigh?

If you make the trip, don't waste your time going to the Target in Cary, unless you bring a rag to clear the dust off of those Series 1 singles and JLU Kiliwags that are keeping new product on the shelves. I WANT A WONDER PIG!

Call me naive' but I'm still "digging" the fact that in about 2-3 months I've got 16 pretty cool Dc figs... (Prof Zoom, Commish Gordon, Manhunters...) :D

They are not works of art or articulated masterpieces, but they are fun characters and small and very storable sizes. I think if the next 2 waves start to show up "as scheduled" and they slip in one last wave before Christmas, that's close to 35 figs or so to kick off a line with A LOT of possibilties...

Yes they need to fix the huge hands, yes paint apps need to get more consistent, but as hard as it is to even find 1 DCUD fig @bH@ , these Infinite figs are slowly becoming fun for me. For a secondary or sub-set line, I continue to hope people will take a bullett or two for the first few waves and then hope we'll be rewarded down the road...

I saw the Battle for Oa 6 pack and must admit that the Hal Jordan figure is by far the best of this line so far, but come on $34.99?? and now TRU has 2-packs of Flash vs Professor Zoom and Guy Gardner vs Black Hand for $10.99?? I understand enjoying a line with limited articulation (JLU) and I do hope the line improves, but the poor quality of the initial wave at the price point Target and TRU have these at are a turn off. That being said, I would like to say I hope they do end up doing a single card of that Hal figure because it looks nice.

Where are you in NC I live in Raleigh got both Sumperman pack and Boomerang pack at Target North Hills, then a bunch of single in Briar Creek for 3.99

Funny the first Target I ever set foot in was in Raliegh back in 1998

I have relatives there we were visiting

I am looking forward to seeing the OA 6 pack. I got teh 3 new Wave 3 singles from BBTS and today the two new 3 packs..Thanagarian and Hard travelling Heroes pack should be arriving from BBTS. As we are getting into the other waves, I am liking these more and more, but I fear at the retail level they are basically stagnent sales, because they over produced some very sad offerings for Wave 1.

to me the line looks crappy, mattel needs to worry about distributing DCUC in a consistant manner than putting out this pile of trash figures, make mine DCUC!!!!!!

Yeah these figures should have been mini-DCUC's. Doesn't matter because distribution for ALL Mattel's stuff sux if it isn't a 'movie' item.

My Target had mixed the JLU figures in with the DCIH figures. Well I moved all the JLU over to their own pegs. Now the DCIH peg only has one peg full. Hopefully they will refill them with some of the characters I want.

That's funny, my Targets did the same thing, intermingling the two lines. Sure they are the same size, and even the same general packaging, so I guess to the untrained (non-fan) eye, they might look the same. Maybe Mattel should think about different package art for the two lines.

Mattel said they're going to up the articulation in 2009, but I'd prefer they get rid of those ridiculous hands, fix the paint applications, and change some of the sculpts (like Superman, so he doesn't look so terrible).

I loved the list, but I wish Mattel would ajdust their focus on their line with the most quality, DCUC. I am very excited to possibly see the next couple of waves of DCUC, and The animated Batman figures. I just want Mattel to work on fixing their distribution problems. This kind of reminds me of the Mac/PC commercial where PC is allocating money for advertising versus fixing Vista.

Prototypes showing up on evilBay=

Mallah

Mary Marvel

Cyborg

Golden Flash

Robin

The Joker

Half the time those supposed prototypes are nothing more than the regular figures just with the paint removed or the reg figures just paints with a gray primer i wouldn't trust tese as nothing more than that or any prototype comeing out of hong kong

Mattel said they're going to up the articulation in 2009, but I'd prefer they get rid of those ridiculous hands, fix the paint applications, and change some of the sculpts (like Superman, so he doesn't look so terrible).

I would agree all the way. The limited articulation is actually the one element I don't mind. For me the biggest obstacles are the big needlessly open hands and the outrageous price tag.

I look at is as we have articulated figures, so I'm fine with limited articulation, especially for figures that are so small. I'm not fine with paying a premium, especially for figures that are so small, or giant hands, especially (you guessed it!) for figures that are so small. Those things just don't fly.

My GL/BC/GA set arrived yesterday after UPS delivered it to the wrong street in the development the day before. Long story short - The package was lost as the driver didn't deliver it to our house and he had no clue to where he delivered it to. But yesterday around 2PM the homeowner where he delivered it (About 2 blocks away on a different street) dropped it off.

Anyway here's some pics -

IMGP2541.jpg

Green Arrow -

IMGP2552.jpg

IMGP2542.jpg

Black Canary -

IMGP2553.jpg

IMGP2544.jpg

Green Lantern doesn't look bad. His sculpt is passable as are Black Canary and Green Arrow.

I do wish that these were the classic looks rather than these modern versions and those hands are still off-putting. Closed fists would improve these a lot. Green Arrow aside, it's pointless for most of these figures to have those big beer-can holding paws. There aren't any accessories for these guys to hold! s Green Arrow going to be passing around his bow?

All that aside, this set, if it cost a penny over 9.99, still isn't worth it.

I swung by the local Target today to check on the possibility of DCUC 4 or ML exclusive were in yet. No dice. But I did notice these little guys were still priced at 3.99 for singles. Signage read it ended 11/4, but the pegs were all still filled aplenty. Even with the 'extension' on the sale, no one obviously picked up any, or they would have said something at the checkout when they rang up their regular (4.99 in this case) price. I pointed it out to a local clerk (nice enough guy) and he offered to sell them to me at that lower price. I turned it down, as I still don't think too highly of them, but it just goes to show what they are willing to do to get these moving.

In a related story, I also checked out TrU locally, and they have stocked the GL 6-pack, as well as some 2-packs I do not remember ever seeing anything about. (probably just missed it somewhere...) Anyway, in case this is news to anyone else, the packs are Flash/Reverse Flash, Guy Gardner/Black Hand, and Capt. Marvel/Black Adam. They were marked 10.99, which is odd, considering the 3-packs right next to them are 12.99. Singles were still 7.99, but in theory someone could make out by picking up a Flash 3-pack, and running over to Target to get the Rev Flash for 4.99 - total 17.98, but you have four figs for just a little over half what they are asking for the 6-pack.

New pre-order on tru.com...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3152502

So...

$6.99 for one figure

$5.495 each for a 2 pack

$4.33 each for a 3 pack (heck better than Target's new inflated price!)

$5.83 each for a 6 pack

& $6.25 each for a 8 pack

I'm really annoyed that the Green Arrow, GL, BC set didn't stick in my cart yesterday. Now it says out of stock.

New pre-order on tru.com...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3152502

So...

$6.99 for one figure

$5.495 each for a 2 pack

$4.33 each for a 3 pack (heck better than Target's new inflated price!)

$5.83 each for a 6 pack

& $6.25 each for a 8 pack

I'm really annoyed that the Green Arrow, GL, BC set didn't stick in my cart yesterday. Now it says out of stock.

This makes absolutely no sense. There's no consistency to the pricing.