DCUC Infinite Heroes

Dragon66

that new marvel universe line is gonna blow these outta the water. good thing mattel has a one-up on hasbro for the 6-inch line.

i can't see myself collecting another scale. i know that if i buy one figure, it'll turn into all.

since DCIH is $4.99 i doubt hasbro will sell theirs at the same price. i spent a ton of cash in the past week on SDCC exclusives, and those marvel two-packs. i need a break like nobody's business!

Well, the way these initial figures look and the fact that they are warming the pegs at my local Target so far, just wait a while and they be on clearance.

[

IMGP0826.jpg

I got to admit. They look nice grouped together like this, but then I see that fugly Captain Marvel with those deformed hands and that giant rope scarf around his neck coupled with TRU's 6.99 price sticker and I just can't bring myself to buying it.

Marvel did put this line to shame with their display at San Diego. The scary part though is that this line didn't look as bad when they were previewed so let's hope Marvel's line doesn't suffer from a similar deterioration in quality.

wow

went to Target and these are by far the WORST LINE I have seen on a shelf. Ben 10 toys are 100 times better than these.

just wow. and the price for these? a total rip off. I don't see this line making it past series 3.

If you do the math based on Target pricing. 6 X $4.99 + 2 X $9.99= enough money for wave 3 DCUC. To me that is simple math, wave 1 DCIH or DCUC wave 3, hmmm, I know where my money is going. At least I feel that DCUC has a future. But at least they won't have to sculpt new hands for the DCUC Captain Marvel, whenever they get to him.

Well, I am seeing tons of the singles everywhere. No one should be having any trouble finding any of them except for Atom and Blackhand who are just starting to circulate. The three packs I still haven't seen in person.

I'm guessing the singles aren't doing well but the three packs because of the smart choices in them, Gordon with two troop builders and popular hero, Flash, with two of his rogues, aren't doing too badly.

I'm still not optimistic about the longevity of this line though. Mattel is going to pay the price for cheaping out on this one.

I predict this line will get axed before a lot of what we've seen at Comicon gets released. If not look for this thing to become a Target exclusive line by next year. Target seems to be the only one who can keep the price down to a barely tolerable 4.99.

Well, I am seeing tons of the singles everywhere. No one should be having any trouble finding any of them except for Atom and Blackhand who are just starting to circulate. The three packs I still haven't seen in person.

I'm guessing the singles aren't doing well but the three packs because of the smart choices in them, Gordon with two troop builders and popular hero, Flash, with two of his rogues, aren't doing too badly.

I'm still not optimistic about the longevity of this line though. Mattel is going to pay the price for cheaping out on this one.

I predict this line will get axed before a lot of what we've seen at Comicon gets released. If not look for this thing to become a Target exclusive line by next year. Target seems to be the only one who can keep the price down to a barely tolerable 4.99.

I have a feeling Target will pass because they have committed to JLU, a successful Cartoon related property.

Ya they should have done what Hasbro did just make smaller versions of their 6 inch line with the same articulation.

Are there any Mattel or DC e-mail addresses where we express our dissatisfaction with this line?

Ya they should have done what Hasbro did just make smaller versions of their 6 inch line with the same articulation.

I too share this opinion.I won't touch any of these because they look cheap and cheesy.Listen Mattel, you flat out copied Toybiz and did a 6" line that was almost identical to the Marvel figs (but better in so many ways).Suck it up and do it again.I'd buy most of them if done right.

I too share this opinion.I won't touch any of these because they look cheap and cheesy.Listen Mattel, you flat out copied Toybiz and did a 6" line that was almost identical to the Marvel figs (but better in so many ways).Suck it up and do it again.I'd buy most of them if done right.

why?...theyre kids toys. why do we as collectors act as if EVERYTHING should be worthy of us buying it? maybe they made them crappy to the collector's eye so that we would be discuraged from buying them? maybe a 3 3/4 line for collectors is coming, either way, we got dcuc....let the kids have something.

why?...theyre kids toys. why do we as collectors act as if EVERYTHING should be worthy of us buying it? maybe they made them crappy to the collector's eye so that we would be discuraged from buying them? maybe a 3 3/4 line for collectors is coming, either way, we got dcuc....let the kids have something.

Hey, I have no problem with the kids getting figures, but if these were aimed at kids Wave 1 would have been Superman, Batman, Joker, Lex Luthor, Wonder Woman, and Bizarro. They chose to start this line with figures that we, as collectors, would go nuts for, if they were done right. How many kids care for Guy Gardner, Adam Strange, Black Hand and the all-new Atom? Honestly, I gave my son who is 5 the option of picking these up, and he chose to pass. He said he would rather wait to get "something better". At least one kid has weighed in on our issue.

I would not even drop 3 dollars for the singles.

I can see these hit the clearance stickers very soon. the paint jobs alone are total crap.

I'd drop $3 on these...

If they had a burger & fries & drink that came with them!!! B)

For whatever reason, it takes forever for super-hero action figures to get marked down on clearance. Kay-Bee would be the one to do it the most. I almost NEVER see Target or Walmart mark down super-hero figures. I think the last time I saw super-heroes on clearance was that over-loaded wave of Marvel Legends with the Wasp and Baron Zemo. TRU actually brought that down all the way to two bucks!!! Target, even when they were drowning for two years under pegs and pegs of JLU Supermen and Batmen, never scratched a penny off of them.

I think if we're going to see these on clearance TRU is our best bet. They seem to known when to cut their losses and dump a loser.

As for these things being aimed at kids... Adam Strange? The All New Atom?!? I don't think so. If these were geared to kids, they'd be loaded with accessories and maybe a stupid power-action that would make these things uglier and even more awkward-looking.

Wow, there is an awful lot of hate for this line. Price point, size, paint apps, and articulation seem to be the biggest qualms. Let's look at each point

1) Price point: If I remember right GI Joe sold for $4 in the late 80's. Star Wars, which in many cases has less articulation than these figures, sell for $8 a piece and had a history of charging more for extra articulation (although this is slowly losing favor). Plastic is a petroleum product. Petroleum is a derivative of oil, oil is hitting record high prices. Lets not forget the shipping costs, costs to keep the machines running, paying your people (from line workers to developers to CEO's), Licensing rights, and actually making a profit (which is the goal of any business). $5 is NOT a bad price for these or any other action figure. Some argue that you could get DCUC for a mere $3 more. That is a 40% increase in price point. If you feel that its a better buy because YOU like the figure better, that's your prerogative. Mathematically, however, the price is almost right in line with the size. There is a 40% difference in size and a 38% difference in price. If you look at the price of the 3-packs, there is a 43% increase in price between the 2.

2) Size: Some argue that these aren't in scale with GI Joe. They are right. However GI Joe's new figures tend to be almost 4" tall as opposed to the 3 3/4 of old. Mattel didn't set the scale to GI Joe, they set it 3 3/4. Again, if YOU prefer a 4" scale, no one can fault you for that. But let's remember that it is NOT Mattel's fault. Mattel is not Hasbro, they do not make GI Joe.

3) Paint Application: I can't argue for Mattel on this. If you put out a product, it should be QA before it leaves the line. Gripe away!

4) Articulation: As you can see by my avatar, I'm a big Joe fan. I believe articulation is a big selling point for any line and Joe proved that you could squeeze just as much articulation into a 3 3/4 as you could into any size figure. Takara took it one step further, those figures are ridiculous. Maybe it's because I grew up in the Mid 80's, but I am willing to give superhero figures a little slack when it comes to articulation. Mattel could have given us more, many have said a ball jointed head and cut t-crotch would have made a world of difference. I agree it would have made these WAY more attractive, but price would have gone up, and people are already whining about that now.

I guess my biggest irk is that people think these are overpriced. The proof, as they say, is in the numbers. If you don't like these figures, that's fine. This is America, like what you want buy what you want. Lets just try not to get so negative about these. Constructive criticsism is one thing, saying "'d drop $3 on these...

If they had a burger & fries & drink that came with them!!!" (although pretty funny) doesn't help anything. If you want a good 3 3/4 DC line, tell them like an adult what your looking for. Otherwise, this just becomes a whiny complaint thread that will never get the attention of Mattel. Thanks and sorry for the diatribe.

Wow, there is an awful lot of hate for this line. Price point, size, paint apps, and articulation seem to be the biggest qualms. Let's look at each point

1) Price point: If I remember right GI Joe sold for $4 in the late 80's. Star Wars, which in many cases has less articulation than these figures, sell for $8 a piece and had a history of charging more for extra articulation (although this is slowly losing favor). Plastic is a petroleum product. Petroleum is a derivative of oil, oil is hitting record high prices. Lets not forget the shipping costs, costs to keep the machines running, paying your people (from line workers to developers to CEO's), Licensing rights, and actually making a profit (which is the goal of any business). $5 is NOT a bad price for these or any other action figure. Some argue that you could get DCUC for a mere $3 more. That is a 40% increase in price point. If you feel that its a better buy because YOU like the figure better, that's your prerogative. Mathematically, however, the price is almost right in line with the size. There is a 40% difference in size and a 38% difference in price. If you look at the price of the 3-packs, there is a 43% increase in price between the 2.

2) Size: Some argue that these aren't in scale with GI Joe. They are right. However GI Joe's new figures tend to be almost 4" tall as opposed to the 3 3/4 of old. Mattel didn't set the scale to GI Joe, they set it 3 3/4. Again, if YOU prefer a 4" scale, no one can fault you for that. But let's remember that it is NOT Mattel's fault. Mattel is not Hasbro, they do not make GI Joe.

3) Paint Application: I can't argue for Mattel on this. If you put out a product, it should be QA before it leaves the line. Gripe away!

4) Articulation: As you can see by my avatar, I'm a big Joe fan. I believe articulation is a big selling point for any line and Joe proved that you could squeeze just as much articulation into a 3 3/4 as you could into any size figure. Takara took it one step further, those figures are ridiculous. Maybe it's because I grew up in the Mid 80's, but I am willing to give superhero figures a little slack when it comes to articulation. Mattel could have given us more, many have said a ball jointed head and cut t-crotch would have made a world of difference. I agree it would have made these WAY more attractive, but price would have gone up, and people are already whining about that now.

I guess my biggest irk is that people think these are overpriced. The proof, as they say, is in the numbers. If you don't like these figures, that's fine. This is America, like what you want buy what you want. Lets just try not to get so negative about these. Constructive criticsism is one thing, saying "'d drop $3 on these...

If they had a burger & fries & drink that came with them!!!" (although pretty funny) doesn't help anything. If you want a good 3 3/4 DC line, tell them like an adult what your looking for. Otherwise, this just becomes a whiny complaint thread that will never get the attention of Mattel. Thanks and sorry for the diatribe.

but you gotta admit....you dont get much from this line for 7.00

I hate to see so much hate over this line. I personally really like them and i think the Target price of $4.99 is great. With this much hate from collectors about this line, I don't see it lasting too long but I just really hope this line lasts long enough to give us Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Robin, Nightwing, and a few others. I don't need every no name DC hero like what JLU gave us... Just the big names and a few of my favorites and them i can be satisfied with the line goiing away.

its ok for fans to voice their opinion on lines, obviously the majority feels this line is not GREAT.

nothing wrong with using this board to make that point across.

I do agree that these figures belong inside a happy meal bag. Damn, even the TF figures from McDonalds had better paint jobs!

I love this line and I love the fact that I can FIND them! It makes me hopeful for DCUC! I am a DC collector and will buy (almost) any and all DC character figures that are out there. There are VERY few exceptions (I'm not fond of the amecomi stuff that DC Direct put out, and I'm not sure of the Cosplay baby figures...I'm still up in the air on those). The fact that Mattel is putting out a BUNCH of figures with a BUNCH of never before made characters is a big bonus for me. I'll continue to buy them and support the line...no matter what.

These figures remind me of the older super hero figures I grew up w/...personally i love the articulation.......I collect ALOT of 3 3/4" scale figures as i LOVE that scale.....the GI Joes tend to get a bit floppy after using them for awhile....also the 3 3/4" WWE Jakks figures just flop all over the place so loose......as did the Marvel Showdown figures....flopping and falling apart......Marvel legends tended to get this way also which is why I dropped collecting them........I Have bought everyone of the DC Infinite Heroes line and love every single one of them they are by far my favorit eline out right now......BY THE WAY..The target here has sold out of these twice now...and when i cal to see if they got more in they said "damn you are the 4th one to call today, i hope we get more soon, people are definetely looking for them" My TRU got them this week and sold all but one adam strange....and the Target one hour away from me sold out the first day also.......a local comic dealer has 5 cases pre-ordered for customera and he is selling them for 7 bucks also.........$4.99 is what i used to buy GI Joes for in the old days NOT too expensive ..YES TRU is too high as usual....but notice ALL toys going up in price lately.....

With that logic,all toys that look like crap must specifically be for kids,right?

I never once (in my stated opinion) voiced concern over whether or not these were made for kids.What, are you the Action Figure Opinion Police?

I would'nt be surprized if kids think these look like crap too.