New HULK Marvel Legends are $14.99???

aragorn

I got two of the new marvel legends HULK figures at Target tonight and they rang up $14.99 each. Is this the new price for marvel legends or do you think this was a pricing error??

I am going back tomorrow to investigate. I bought a bunch of other stuff so I didn't catch it at the time.

anybody else find them yet?

thanks

Been away for a while??? LOL.

The price increase was announced back in February, at Toy Fair, iirc.

The figures in this sub-line use comparatively more plastic than in other ML lines so the price increase was called for.

Not only are they $14.99, but I have a feeling all of the figures are going to continue to creep up (Example, picked 2 Hulk Legends and 2 Srs. 2 Movie Masters Dark Knight Figures and those were $12.99 versus the $9.99 I paid for the first wave). But the Fin Fang Foom BAF is Awesome!

Not only are they $14.99, but I have a feeling all of the figures are going to continue to creep up (Example, picked 2 Hulk Legends and 2 Srs. 2 Movie Masters Dark Knight Figures and those were $12.99 versus the $9.99 I paid for the first wave). But the Fin Fang Foom BAF is Awesome!

Toy prices appear to be going up pretty much across the board this year.

Not all sellers on Ebay are scalpers. I think the flea market crowd is more scalper-ish than Ebay. I do avoid the sellers who instantly mark up their wares just because. And the crazy shipping gougers. They do indeed suck & give the legit sellers, like myself, a bad name. Good luck finding them...

Prices going up makes me glad I am a select collector and only by certain things..

That is a HUGE jump from $9.99 to $14.99.. There is not that much more plastic to justify a $5.00 price increase.

Prices going up makes me glad I am a select collector and only by certain things..

That is a HUGE jump from $9.99 to $14.99.. There is not that much more plastic to justify a $5.00 price increase.

Amen to that brother. #US1#

Look, think this through....

Plastic costs more.

Fuel costs more.

The US Dollar is worth less, thus the exchange rate with foreign countries is different--even if the rates charged for manufacturing remain the same, the COST increases because of the exchange rate differences.

Shipping costs have risen because of fuel, all of those things alter the pricing formula, so a $5 price increase to maintain the same profit margins for all concerned does make sense.

Whatever the reasons ...oil, gas, the dollar, etc. etc. ...we're fast approaching the limit of what I'm willing to pay for an action figure!

And hey! Oil has been down the past week. Does this mean that Target is going to be dropping the prices of their figures?

No. Sadly, I think the Toy Companies have caught on that toy collectors are like heroin junkies. They'll pay whatever price the toy companies dictate for their dream Hulk figure or a Silver Age Metal Master with metal accessories. The secondary market proves this! The bean counters at the toy companies see that some fool is willing to pay forty and fifty bucks to some shark in the Bangkok for an action figure that was released last week and they're saying, "Hmmm...How do WE get in on that?"

Well it's not cause of the value of the dollar that production prices are up since almost all of the figures we buy are produced and shipped to us through China, who's currency is tied to the dollar. We're both in the same boat in that respect.

I do feel it's just a cash grab. I could see a two or three dollar increase, not a five dollar one. They have a hot product now with this hulk legends wave (and it is far superior to what they've come out with recently), and they probably feel since each figure will sell for $20 on ebay easy anyway, they can get away with a price jump. And with how these things have been selling out in the stores so far, they were right.