No More Rescue Doc's

Bill219

After reading news of this on other JOE websites I called Hasbro Customer Service and they confirmed it for me

The CSR that handled my call said that she had to check the lists to see if my name was on any of them. There are (3) lists.

She told me unfortunately that my name was not on any of the lists and that my check, the stickers and all the battle points I sent in would be returned to me. @grumpy@

???????????????

When did you send it in?

Did they cash your cheque?

No, they did not cash my check, I thought they had but after reviewing my records again they did not and I sent it back in the beginning of April. I sent it via Priority mail with delivery confirmation so I know that they did receive the envelope. Now I am going to have to deal with the scalpers on ebay for my Doc. @grumpy@

Thats weird...I sent mine out on May 13th. I remember because it was the last day at my old duty station. They cashed my check on June 3rd. I got my Doc last week. Hold out hope you my still get it

I haven't even ordered one yet. Thought I had till August, and being the habitual PROCRASTINATER I is.....well, I might be shite outta luck aye? :(

I haven't even ordered one yet. Thought I had till August, and being the habitual PROCRASTINATER I is.....well, I might be shite outta luck aye? :(

You stil got a chance, buddy! Quit putting it off and send in those little red tickets TODAY!

Tom

You stil got a chance, buddy! Quit putting it off and send in those little red tickets TODAY!

Tom

I got all the comic packs (and then some) so i should be good on the amount I need. Better get'em out and get CRACKIN'! ^_^

Ha, I was just thinking about sending mine in this afternoon, but I'm so lazy I haven't even checked to see if I have enough stickers. Plus I just bought 2 off Ebay for cheap ( thanks for the idea Darthjoe)

BTW Is there a flare gun variant I wasn't aware of?

I have two Docs and they appear to have the same silver flare gun. Is there something specific about them we should be looking for?

Something I've always been unclear about... are mail away figures financially beneficial to Hasbro? I know it probably generates interest in the comic packs, but to sculpt, produce, ship and them disseminate a figure with it's own card art (and card protector) to us... it seems like it would cost alot more than the stickers we send in. Because, either way, the comic packs would still cost the same, mail in or not... so what exactly is Hasbro gaining by this?

Tom

Ya, I did the same thing. I just recently received my case of wave 4 comic packs from bbts and completed my mail-in form. That was about 2 weeks ago...was planning to send mine off within the next week, thinking I had until August. Guess Hasbro has failed in the supply and demand department yet again. :(

Glad I bought the one I do have off of ebay...

Ha, I was just thinking about sending mine in this afternoon, but I'm so lazy I haven't even checked to see if I have enough stickers. Plus I just bought 2 off Ebay for cheap ( thanks for the idea Darthjoe)

No problem on the ebay heads up. I'm sure they'll be shooting up in price once word gets around that Hasbro is out now...

And yes, there were 2 versions of Doc that Hasbro distributed. One had a "1" on the flare gun and one had a "2"...not sure if one is any more rare than the other though.

Is everyone here completely oblivious to the news that they are in fact increasing production of this figure to meet the needs of us consumers? Check out the diametrically opposing thread called "More Docs on the way".

Something I've always been unclear about... are mail away figures financially beneficial to Hasbro? I know it probably generates interest in the comic packs, but to sculpt, produce, ship and them disseminate a figure with it's own card art (and card protector) to us... it seems like it would cost alot more than the stickers we send in. Because, either way, the comic packs would still cost the same, mail in or not... so what exactly is Hasbro gaining by this?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought a couple of comic packs early on that I would not have just to get the mail away figure before they ran out. Anyone else do that? I'd say they do it as incentive to get people to drop $60 on figures they might not have otherwise (remember, there are kids that buy these too, they wouldn't have necessarily bought 6 comic packs, but now they would).

Anyone else perplexed about why there are so many comic packs cluttering the shelves while single packs are hard to find? Are they producing more of them than singles? That makes no sense. Even the packs that you'd assume would sell well (Tomax & Xamot, Dreadnoks) are ridiculously easy to find, while there are no singles anywhere around here. What gives?

Anyone else perplexed about why there are so many comic packs cluttering the shelves while single packs are hard to find? Are they producing more of them than singles? That makes no sense. Even the packs that you'd assume would sell well (Tomax & Xamot, Dreadnoks) are ridiculously easy to find, while there are no singles anywhere around here. What gives?

I've mentioned that here (somewhere) before as well, and can only figure that the REAL, ultra, ANAL collector types (of stuff ARAH) are only interested in the retro stuff, and not anything that didn't LOOK like it did before, back in the 80's, which the single carded items DO, but the comic packs don't, they didn't have these back then nor some of the characters in them, so they're not scooping these up as much. I could almost betcha, that had the 2 Dreadnoks in the comic pack, been released on individual retro cards, like they were in the 80's, they wouldn't be hanging around on the pegs like i see them doing around here?

I dunno, just a theory, but like you, I can't figure out the whole distribution thing, versus demand, versus territory and whatnot and all that goes into the who gets what, where and how MUCH?