Dropping The Ball

Nightwing4984

Selling out isn't losing money but the demand is much higher than the supply (look at amazon which is selling them at way over retail) and then look at most stores. My thinking is that with the demand as high as it still is Mattel would want to capitalize on it. Because there is a lot of money being made out there on the secondary market compared to the standard retail. They aren't losing money per se but they aren't making as much as they could, I guess what I'm trying to say is why not try to make supply and demand meet a little more. And it is true that Mattel is not listening to its customers. If they were Two-Face would be wave 3 not sometime in 2009.

Mattel and Hasbro don't concern themselves with the secondary market because that is not their business. They produce what is ordered based on initial preorders from retailers. If you want to get angry at paying a crazy price for a figure, blame yourself or whoever is paying a crazy prices for these figures. If you keep your eyes open and just look around you will find what you are looking for.

i agree.

My point is though (and maybe this is just me) that we should not have to wait for new shipments of Dark Knight figures or anything DC related for that matter after the movie. They should have been part of the buildup in say the two weeks before the movie. That's the way most companies do it. They have a big push right around the time of the movie. You know that point right before a movie comes out where everything is related to the subject of that movie? Where you can't walk into a Wal-Mart or Target without seeing like Spiderman pillows, Spidey Cereal, Spiderman movie action figures, Spiderman everything...where you start getting sick of that subject?

But maybe I don't have all the facts, like was the 5+ figures made in the same quantities as the MMs? Because there are still plenty of those, if they were I'm sorry I made a mountain out of a mole hill.

no. the 5" figs were massly shipped due to the kiddies. mattel didnt think that some guy would come in and buy 13 jokers, 10 batmen, 5 goons, and any chases that they could find. its not mattel's fault, they shipped several cases of MMs and 2-packs are now in stores. theyre doing their part.

false, mattel is NOT doing there part. Scalpers are not new, they were aware of the hype around the film especially in relation to the late Heath Ledger tragic death. they should have put out a ton of the movie master figs and NONE of the 5" figures. the 5" figures are targeted at children and this is NOT a children's film. i had to listen to crying 4 year olds in the theater because all the dark knight merchandise was marketed toward children. IF ITS NOT A KIDS MOVIE, DO NOT MAKE KIDS TOYS! the ONLY figures associated with dark knight should have been for collectors (the movie masters). we should be up to our knees in gordons, alfreds, facones, foxes, harvey dents, and nurse jokers.

mattel tricking parents into believing that this is a kids movie at the cost of screwing over the long time adult collectors is NOT DOING THEIR PART AT ALL. its pathetic.

That is something you are going to always have to deal with, I remember when the first Blade movie came out there were Blade action figures at TRU. Toy companies will always make money off movies like Batman and Blade and whatnot. But I agree with you that they should have only had MMs and not these 5+ that is chocking the pegs. Wal-Marts have displays filled with tons of them.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Selling out isn't losing money but the demand is much higher than the supply (look at amazon which is selling them at way over retail) and then look at most stores. My thinking is that with the demand as high as it still is Mattel would want to capitalize on it. Because there is a lot of money being made out there on the secondary market compared to the standard retail. They aren't losing money per se but they aren't making as much as they could, I guess what I'm trying to say is why not try to make supply and demand meet a little more. And it is true that Mattel is not listening to its customers. If they were Two-Face would be wave 3 not sometime in 2009.

Mattel and Hasbro don't concern themselves with the secondary market because that is not their business. They produce what is ordered based on initial preorders from retailers. If you want to get angry at paying a crazy price for a figure, blame yourself or whoever is paying a crazy prices for these figures. If you keep your eyes open and just look around you will find what you are looking for.

i agree.

My point is though (and maybe this is just me) that we should not have to wait for new shipments of Dark Knight figures or anything DC related for that matter after the movie. They should have been part of the buildup in say the two weeks before the movie. That's the way most companies do it. They have a big push right around the time of the movie. You know that point right before a movie comes out where everything is related to the subject of that movie? Where you can't walk into a Wal-Mart or Target without seeing like Spiderman pillows, Spidey Cereal, Spiderman movie action figures, Spiderman everything...where you start getting sick of that subject?

But maybe I don't have all the facts, like was the 5+ figures made in the same quantities as the MMs? Because there are still plenty of those, if they were I'm sorry I made a mountain out of a mole hill.

no. the 5" figs were massly shipped due to the kiddies. mattel didnt think that some guy would come in and buy 13 jokers, 10 batmen, 5 goons, and any chases that they could find. its not mattel's fault, they shipped several cases of MMs and 2-packs are now in stores. theyre doing their part.

false, mattel is NOT doing there part. Scalpers are not new, they were aware of the hype around the film especially in relation to the late Heath Ledger tragic death. they should have put out a ton of the movie master figs and NONE of the 5" figures. the 5" figures are targeted at children and this is NOT a children's film. i had to listen to crying 4 year olds in the theater because all the dark knight merchandise was marketed toward children. IF ITS NOT A KIDS MOVIE, DO NOT MAKE KIDS TOYS! the ONLY figures associated with dark knight should have been for collectors (the movie masters). we should be up to our knees in gordons, alfreds, facones, foxes, harvey dents, and nurse jokers.

mattel tricking parents into believing that this is a kids movie at the cost of screwing over the long time adult collectors is NOT DOING THEIR PART AT ALL. its pathetic.

That is something you are going to always have to deal with, I remember when the first Blade movie came out there were Blade action figures at TRU. Toy companies will always make money off movies like Batman and Blade and whatnot. But I agree with you that they should have only had MMs and not these 5+ that is chocking the pegs. Wal-Marts have displays filled with tons of them.

you guys need to quit. how are you going to tell a child that they cant see batman? children seeing batman was inevitable....so why not make them some figs? kids nly care about fun, not the seriousness that we demand as collectors. kids like lights, colors, and most of all....ACTION! thats how you'll definitly know it was aimed a kids. kids will buy waaay more than we will.....3 to 1 easy. if a store gets 5-6 cases of figs, thats great! most figs dont ship 5 cases of figs at a time.....hell marvel legends shipped 1 to 2 cases and thats it. do the math....from may 1st to now we've had several cases shipped, and we even got two packs. they also said that jokers will be in most waves and more will be shipping. as for crying kids....thats a first. my son is 5 and he loved it! as my 8 year old daughter...so. oh......do you really think putting a boatload of jokers will stop scammers??? mattel didnt drop the ball.....the people who got there late for the figs of the biggest movie of the year did. people knew they were coming........gotta get on it.

i agree.

you guys need to quit. how are you going to tell a child that they cant see batman? children seeing batman was inevitable....so why not make them some figs? kids nly care about fun, not the seriousness that we demand as collectors. kids like lights, colors, and most of all....ACTION! thats how you'll definitly know it was aimed a kids. kids will buy waaay more than we will.....3 to 1 easy. if a store gets 5-6 cases of figs, thats great! most figs dont ship 5 cases of figs at a time.....hell marvel legends shipped 1 to 2 cases and thats it. do the math....from may 1st to now we've had several cases shipped, and we even got two packs. they also said that jokers will be in most waves and more will be shipping. as for crying kids....thats a first. my son is 5 and he loved it! as my 8 year old daughter...so. oh......do you really think putting a boatload of jokers will stop scammers??? mattel didnt drop the ball.....the people who got there late for the figs of the biggest movie of the year did. people knew they were coming........gotta get on it.

I'm not saying anything at all about kids liking fun colors and the sometimes cool and goofy action features on kids figures but TDK is not a kids movie. I think its really cool that your son dug the movie, Pooda. I know if there was a new comic book out when I was 5 I would want to see it too. But TDK is adult movie and a rather cerebral movie at that. That's why I referenced Blade. Blade was not a kid's movie (at all), in fact that one was R. The Dark Knight is PG-13, and the figs for them are 5+. I know that kids buy a lot more merch than the collectors do but to me promoting an adult-ish movie to kids through merch that is for made for younger children is not right. But like I said before that is something that is always going to happen. That is how toy companies make money. But even still what would have been the problem with only putting the MMs out in stores? I think they would have sold just as well to kids if they would have been made in the 5+ quantities. I remember being 5-10 years old and having so many different kinds of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman figures but only wanting the traditional costume. Not Glider Attack Batman (in a bright red costume), not Super Irradiated Superman (in a glowing green costume), and not delivery boy Spiderman (wearing a Dominoes costume and a bag on his head).

i agree.

I'm not saying anything at all about kids liking fun colors and the sometimes cool and goofy action features on kids figures but TDK is not a kids movie. That's why I referenced Blade. Blade was not a kid's movie, in fact that is R. The Dark Knight is PG-13, and the figs for them are 5+. I know that kids buy a lot more merch than the collectors do but to me promoting an adult-ish movie to kids through merch that is for made for younger children is not right. But like I said before that is something that is always going to happen. That is how toy companies make money. But even still what would have been the problem with only putting the MMs out in stores? I think they would have sold just as well to kids if they would have been made in the 5+ quantities. I remember being 5-10 years old and having so many different kinds of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman figures but only wanting the traditional costume. Not Glider Attack Batman (in a bright red costume), not Super Irradiated Superman (in a glowing green costume), and not delivery boy Spiderman (wearing a Dominoes costume and a bag on his head).

i understand the refference....but blade cant be compared to batman. before the movie came, if you'd ask a kid who blade was, they couldnt tell you. but batman....c'mon....its freakin batman! you cant keep a child away from batman! i agree that this was a very dark movie, but it was pg.....it had alot of violence, but no blood. actually...now that i think about it...kids didnt even care about blade. i also agree that as a kid, i just wanted a basic, no action, articulated action figure....i never wanted the weird ones. but a friend of mine, loved the weird figs! artic attack bats??? WTF?!

i agree.

I'm not saying anything at all about kids liking fun colors and the sometimes cool and goofy action features on kids figures but TDK is not a kids movie. That's why I referenced Blade. Blade was not a kid's movie, in fact that is R. The Dark Knight is PG-13, and the figs for them are 5+. I know that kids buy a lot more merch than the collectors do but to me promoting an adult-ish movie to kids through merch that is for made for younger children is not right. But like I said before that is something that is always going to happen. That is how toy companies make money. But even still what would have been the problem with only putting the MMs out in stores? I think they would have sold just as well to kids if they would have been made in the 5+ quantities. I remember being 5-10 years old and having so many different kinds of Batman, Superman, and Spiderman figures but only wanting the traditional costume. Not Glider Attack Batman (in a bright red costume), not Super Irradiated Superman (in a glowing green costume), and not delivery boy Spiderman (wearing a Dominoes costume and a bag on his head).

i understand the refference....but blade cant be compared to batman. before the movie came, if you'd ask a kid who blade was, they couldnt tell you. but batman....c'mon....its freakin batman! you cant keep a child away from batman! i agree that this was a very dark movie, but it was pg.....it had alot of violence, but no blood. actually...now that i think about it...kids didnt even care about blade. i also agree that as a kid, i just wanted a basic, no action, articulated action figure....i never wanted the weird ones. but a friend of mine, loved the weird figs! artic attack bats??? WTF?!

they can keep a child away from batman. the studio is partially at fault as well for not giving this film an R. but it is pg13 which means that no child below the age of 13 should be admited.

without an adult.......not admitted without an adult. if that was the case, ironman, hulk, spiderman, superman all other bats movies, or basiclly any other superhero movie couldnt have anyone under 13. plus...that would of been one of the stupidest moves by a studio EVER! you guys do understand that the main purpose of making a movie is money making right? and you guys do understand that some people could care less about a bats movie, they only go to take the kids. take away ALL kids.....then take away like $100,000,000 of profit from the film and more than 60% of merchandise profits(underware, blankets, cereal toys, and a crap load of other stuff that collectors wont even touch.

i agree.

My reference to Blade was about an R-rated movie that had figs at TRU. And yeah I doubt a lot of kids knew Blade and still don't know who Blade is. Hell when that movie was first coming to theaters I knew of the comic character but had no idea that was who the character in the movie was based on. I remember the early trailers, it was like Wesley Snipes, fangs, sword, and Kris Kristofferson. I was like so Snipes is a dentist by day and samurai by night, and Kris is his nurse?

They always overdid the other figures. I remember Arctic Batman, I always thought it something to do with Mr. Freeze but they didn't always throw like a Mr. Freeze into the mix so sometimes it was seemed like Batman just got the urge to fight some polar bears.

LAMO! the crazy thing about artic bats....he came out in the batman returns line. i know that it was cold out...but geez. as far as r-rated film figs,...i dont know of many(that were mass produced)...so i guess youre right.

The only other one I can think of that was mass produced was Starship troopers. It was R-rated but those ugly bug things were everywhere.

Yeah and then I think they released artic batman under TAS label and think he may have had a repaint but by the time they were coming out for TAS there were no rhyme or reason. Flame attack Batman in with a Riddler. It was like WTF?

The only other one I can think of that was mass produced was Starship troopers. It was R-rated but those ugly bug things were everywhere.

Yeah and then I think they released artic batman under TAS label and think he may have had a repaint but by the time they were coming out for TAS there were no rhyme or reason. Flame attack Batman in with a Riddler. It was like WTF?

thats what i was thinking, starship troopers. but anyway, if people see monster or ailen blood, they figure its okay. batman and barbie....they have it all.

I really think though that Mattel should put up some of there DC line on Mattycollector. They are trying to strattle two worlds. They have the collector orientated things like the MMs and MOTU but they also have there standard Dark Knight line and most of there regular Barbie type stuff and it looks like they are trying to get there collectors figures to the people who want them but they haven't done a thing with there DC line in terms of online sales. Like I said before they aren't getting a piece of the secondary market and so it would make it easier to sell straight to consumers who don't live in the big cities that get stuff before all the other areas.

I really think though that Mattel should put up some of there DC line on Mattycollector. They are trying to strattle two worlds. They have the collector orientated things like the MMs and MOTU but they also have there standard Dark Knight line and most of there regular Barbie type stuff and it looks like they are trying to get there collectors figures to the people who want them but they haven't done a thing with there DC line in terms of online sales. Like I said before they aren't getting a piece of the secondary market and so it would make it easier to sell straight to consumers who don't live in the big cities that get stuff before all the other areas.

cant argue with that.

I really feel that we as collectors need to accept that both Mattel and Hasbro realize that a 5" scale is their answer for toy lines based on movies and TV and these are aimed at kids. They do not put the effort into these lines as far as articulation and detail because they have other lines such as DCUC, MM, ML, etc. to appease us as collectors. Mattel has offered us great kid friendly lines such as JLU and The Batman. The movie lines are supposed to capitalize on movie hype and commercials that kids see on Cartoon Network, Nickalodean, and Kids WB. Kids want what they see on TV. If you have kids you realize that they want everything that is hanging in the toy section. But after a while they realize that certain toys do not meet up to what they are used to seeing, as per the DCIH line in which my son, who is 5 said he would wait for something that looked better. I just feel that we are especially hard on Mattel and Hasbro for movie lines, when Walmart and Target just want something to fill their pegs during the summer.

I really feel that we as collectors need to accept that both Mattel and Hasbro realize that a 5" scale is their answer for toy lines based on movies and TV and these are aimed at kids. They do not put the effort into these lines as far as articulation and detail because they have other lines such as DCUC, MM, ML, etc. to appease us as collectors. Mattel has offered us great kid friendly lines such as JLU and The Batman. The movie lines are supposed to capitalize on movie hype and commercials that kids see on Cartoon Network, Nickalodean, and Kids WB. Kids want what they see on TV. If you have kids you realize that they want everything that is hanging in the toy section. But after a while they realize that certain toys do not meet up to what they are used to seeing, as per the DCIH line in which my son, who is 5 said he would wait for something that looked better. I just feel that we are especially hard on Mattel and Hasbro for movie lines, when Walmart and Target just want something to fill their pegs during the summer.

That is a given. While I believe that the MMs would have worked just fine as the standard TDK figs, the 5+ was there easy way to make money off the license. But what I think Mattel should do is put up some more of there DC line (other than Lobo and Starfire) and some of the more expensive and collectible Hot Wheels and take off Cars from Mattycollector. Because I think its pretty safe to say everyone on here is willing to give Mattel money, and for some reason its not easy to find some of these figs in stores and in the case of the MMs its not easy to find them online (for a decent price). Basically I'm saying we are trying to offer Mattel money, make it easy on us to do that.

That is a given. While I believe that the MMs would have worked just fine as the standard TDK figs, the 5+ was there easy way to make money off the license. But what I think Mattel should do is put up some more of there DC line (other than Lobo and Starfire) and some of the more expensive and collectible Hot Wheels and take off Cars from Mattycollector. Because I think its pretty safe to say everyone on here is willing to give Mattel money, and for some reason its not easy to find some of these figs in stores and in the case of the MMs its not easy to find them online (for a decent price). Basically I'm saying we are trying to offer Mattel money, make it easy on us to do that.

the less articulation, the better, in most cases for kids. with the stuck joints and fimsey shoulder pegs, MM's arent designed for hard play.

you guys are bright, you know that the 5" figs are way more sturdey than MMs. as far as money...for christ's sake! its only the 6th, and the movie came on the 18th...its only been 19 days...they have atleast 2 months before the hype starts dying down. see, kids like movie stuff when its new...take ironman...his toys just sit on the shelf now. but back in may......they were flying! but now...... we as collectors will buy merch 6 months after the film, if they bring nurse joker or two face out in january...we'll buy them.

the less articulation, the better, in most cases for kids. with the stuck joints and fimsey shoulder pegs, MM's arent designed for hard play.

you guys are bright, you know that the 5" figs are way more sturdey than MMs. as far as money...for christ's sake! its only the 6th, and the movie came on the 18th...its only been 19 days...they have atleast 2 months before the hype starts dying down. see, kids like movie stuff when its new...take ironman...his toys just sit on the shelf now. but back in may......they were flying! but now...... we as collectors will buy merch 6 months after the film, if they bring nurse joker or two face out in january...we'll buy them.

The less articulation the better is really true, haha I had a Spawn figure when I was like 13, that only had like 12 points but his arm still fell off all I try to do was pose him to sit on my desk.

And it is true that we as collectors will buy long after the movie is over but also in the case of say MOTU if you don't buy when the wave is available you could end up paying enormous prices online, which I hope we don't end up with that going on here.

The less articulation the better is really true, haha I had a Spawn figure when I was like 13, that only had like 12 points but his arm still fell off all I try to do was pose him to sit on my desk.

And it is true that we as collectors will buy long after the movie is over but also in the case of say MOTU if you don't buy when the wave is available you could end up paying enormous prices online, which I hope we don't end up with that going on here.

well at 13, you should be getting into more upscale figs. but the 4-10 range....they need less parts to break. those ironman movie figs....whew! my son keeps popping the shoulder pads off, which frustrates him to the point of whining.

Mattel is trying to give us, the collectors, an opportunity to give them our money through Matteycollector.com but the site has only been up for a week and a half. I beleive they are trying to avoid overloading their store with all of their products like Hasbro's store. Half of the stuff on Hasbro' site is out of stock with no hope of seeing more so they should take an item down. I feel eventually MM's will be on Mattycolector, but we will have to be patient, which is a virtue that we don't always have.

Mattel is trying to give us, the collectors, an opportunity to give them our money through Matteycollector.com but the site has only been up for a week and a half. I beleive they are trying to avoid overloading their store with all of their products like Hasbro's store. Half of the stuff on Hasbro' site is out of stock with no hope of seeing more so they should take an item down. I feel eventually MM's will be on Mattycolector, but we will have to be patient, which is a virtue that we don't always have.

i think it gets kinda tricky. collectors are only going to by 2 of each fig... tops. so i think theyre trying to avoid an overload. but it seems that the demand is really high.....who knows?

well at 13, you should be getting into more upscale figs. but the 4-10 range....they need less parts to break. those ironman movie figs....whew! my son keeps popping the shoulder pads off, which frustrates him to the point of whining.

Well at 13 I was into more upscale figs but it was (again) a regular Spawn, just the black white and red colors on him, none of that medieval, undead, or back from hell crap. Just the regular Spawn and of course he broke while I was trying to raise his arm. So no more Mcfarlane toys after that. And now I'm in my early 20's and as far as I can remember I have only bought one or two more Mcfarlane figures and I think it was an Evil Dead Ash. Which is of course a given lol.

i think it gets kinda tricky. collectors are only going to by 2 of each fig... tops. so i think theyre trying to avoid an overload. but it seems that the demand is really high.....who knows?

Yeah I agree that its prolly just new and that more will come out on the site but its kind of bizarre in my opinion because basically a figure that would retail for 10 is selling for 30 in a very limited production run (King Grayskull). And its already sold out along with the Lobo. Its just kind of a weird site b/c there isn't much to buy right now. You can preorder some things but if you want to buy something your options are down to Giganta. Which doesn't make much a hearty supply.

And to even bring up most McFarlane lines in a post devoted toward "action" figures. Not exactly an example I would throw out . Great sculpting, no posability. Beautiful stuff to look at, but unless your imagination fits with whats on the package, good luck with that. At least Mattel is trying to give us articulation and sculpting with their lines such as DCUC and MM.

Well at 13 I was into more upscale figs but it was (again) a regular Spawn, just the black white and red colors on him, none of that medieval, undead, or back from hell crap. Just the regular Spawn and of course he broke while I was trying to raise his arm. So no more Mcfarlane toys after that. And now I'm in my early 20's and as far as I can remember I have only bought one or two more Mcfarlane figures and I think it was an Evil Dead Ash. Which is of course a given lol.

Ordered my Giganta 3 days ago and A) saved me the cost of going to San Dieago, and B) saved me from paying EBay prices. So, Yes, I am happy and look forward to seeing how they develop their site.

Yeah I agree that its prolly just new and that more will come out on the site but its kind of bizarre in my opinion because basically a figure that would retail for 10 is selling for 30 in a very limited production run (King Grayskull). And its already sold out along with the Lobo. Its just kind of a weird site b/c there isn't much to buy right now. You can preorder some things but if you want to buy something your options are down to Giganta. Which doesn't make much a hearty supply.

And to even bring up most McFarlane lines in a post devoted toward "action" figures. Not exactly an example I would throw out . Great sculpting, no posability. Beautiful stuff to look at, but unless your imagination fits with whats on the package, good luck with that. At least Mattel is trying to give us articulation and sculpting with their lines such as DCUC and MM.

Basically I wanted a statue I could pose. That was it. I liked Spawn as a character and felt this was my one chance to own a Spawn that actually looked like the comic. And it fell apart, two minutes after its departure from the package. And I agree I think Mattel is giving us a lot more than Mcfarlane can give. You are right on that.

I'm going to jump in on this real quick.. First on the terms of R rated figures getting pushed, memory serves me that the Aliens and Terminator 2 figures where aimed DIRECTLY at children along time ago.. so that type of stuff does happen. To the topic creator's point on Mattel dropping the ball.. I gotta say I am a Mattel fan. The DC superheroes and DC universe figures have been my favorite lines since the start of the run (i've managed to get almost every figure since the first dc superheroes wave) but i will be honest.. its half and half. The paint problems that mattel has gone through has hurt alot of the lines.. needing to pull the movie masters off the shelves about 2 weeks (at most) after the release really hurt things.. that i can't so much blame em on.. I believe POODA said something to the effect if you didn't get up on the first and got your figures you couldn't complain.. not true. Why should a "mass market" product being sold at WAL-Mart be so crucial? I do totally understand chase figures.. but the way Mattel has put the MM chases out doesn't add up. I live in Memphis, TN and I can tell you straight out honest I PERSONALLY went through no less than 14 cases of MM and no chase (bale batman) over the course of about 6 stores that night. Then I get online hearing about how someone got 2 at one store? Then not a single reshipment anywhere here. I don't care how much you try to tell me thats no Mattel's fault thats not true. Chases do show up (those are making me think its a regional thing)... Reshipments do happen. Mattel is underproducing their figures and they have their track-record to prove it. Hasbro's doing the same thing with their 25th gi joe line. Rabid collectors = sell merchandise.. Less product = less money.. I don't get why these companies don't see the logic that they are missing out on $$$.

I'm going to jump in on this real quick.. First on the terms of R rated figures getting pushed, memory serves me that the Aliens and Terminator 2 figures where aimed DIRECTLY at children along time ago.. so that type of stuff does happen. To the topic creator's point on Mattel dropping the ball.. I gotta say I am a Mattel fan. The DC superheroes and DC universe figures have been my favorite lines since the start of the run (i've managed to get almost every figure since the first dc superheroes wave) but i will be honest.. its half and half. The paint problems that mattel has gone through has hurt alot of the lines.. needing to pull the movie masters off the shelves about 2 weeks (at most) after the release really hurt things.. that i can't so much blame em on.. I believe POODA said something to the effect if you didn't get up on the first and got your figures you couldn't complain.. not true. Why should a "mass market" product being sold at WAL-Mart be so crucial? I do totally understand chase figures.. but the way Mattel has put the MM chases out doesn't add up. I live in Memphis, TN and I can tell you straight out honest I PERSONALLY went through no less than 14 cases of MM and no chase (bale batman) over the course of about 6 stores that night. Then I get online hearing about how someone got 2 at one store? Then not a single reshipment anywhere here. I don't care how much you try to tell me thats no Mattel's fault thats not true. Chases do show up (those are making me think its a regional thing)... Reshipments do happen. Mattel is underproducing their figures and they have their track-record to prove it. Hasbro's doing the same thing with their 25th gi joe line. Rabid collectors = sell merchandise.. Less product = less money.. I don't get why these companies don't see the logic that they are missing out on $$$.

lets do this senario.....your at target 3 months from now, the DK film has died down(to most) and you hit the toy aisle, and see a complete set of whichever wave you dont have, youre going to by them. doesnt matter that the movie hype is gone....youre still a fan..and a collector....thats the logic. buy it now...or buy it later....youre still gonna buy it. as far as R movies with figs....Alien(s) figs were from the cartoon. the outline was taken from the movie( characters, some vehicles) but the concept of humans hunting aliens is a classic for kids. thats why they did terminator 2 figs. the story was based around a child( i think they knew kids were going to watch this one) the film had basicly no blood. be sides the shooting and the curssing...this was PG. i even remember the predator had some figs....all of these lines died very quickly. and.....getting up on the 1st is very correct. you knew that these figs were going to be HOT! anytime a scalper will get up and go buy every fig, just to sell them on ebay....you better be prepared! you gotta a choice....be there, or be square. scalpers dont stop..they dont care about some grown men and their collecting hobby....just the bucks! the pre-orders sold out in a week for these figs, every collector made a big deal about these....you guys know better than to sit on your asses on releae day! thats the difference between "me" and alot of others. not trying to sound like an A-HOLE, but...if you knew that may 1st was the release date for the movie of the year figs...you shoulda been on it......cause the scalpers were! (trust me..i seen'em)