Dropping The Ball

Nightwing4984

does anybody think that mattel has really screwed up with the delays of several lines, and the horrible distribuation of their product. the movie masters and dcuc 2 have been pulled from shelves with no real reason other than "smilex" (okay still no REAL REASON). dcuc 3 has seemingly been delayed as well maybe it will come out the last week of july during the comic con but who knows. in my opinion mattel has really screwed things up and has cost themselves quite a sum of money. just think what they have to put into a product the testing manufacturing marketing and distribution of their toys. i have seen ads for dcuc 3 in toyfare but that was almost a month ago much to my dismay.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't think they've helped their cause. Buzz about The Dark Knight is great enough that the Movie Masters will be OK, but DCUC has been out for a long time now, and people are truly struggling to find the figures and complete their collections.

Mattel ruined the 2002 MOTU line of figures, and they claim to have learned their lesson, yet it's six years later (six years!), and they're still apparently unable to meet demand for their highly-desired lines (this is why I don't have much faith in their new online store and MOTU Classics line).

At least they've got some MMs figures back on shelves for this week's release of The Dark Knight. It wouldn't hurt to have DCUC right beside them, but that's asking for a lot right now.

I totaly agree. Mattel need to get the stick out & get cracking! its cool & all to build hype, but my emotions are not play thing to be had & discarded. If they won't satisfy my "needs", then like any scorned lover i'll just have to find my self some one who is willing to meet my "needs"

My trusty DCD's arms are always open & willing to take my $$$ & give a Queen what she's been asking & begging for.................................oh you know what I'm talking about, get your minds out the gutter LOL.

No they haven't. If they have then surely Hasbro has killed the ML brand because they haven't shipped any new waves this year until a couple weeks ago. DCUC is starting to pop back up at TRU's and wave two of the Movie masters line is showwing up at Walmarts and Targets.

well the little that has been trickeling in from Mattel IMO is a day late & a dollor short.

I can dig short packing the hell outta a chace fig to build hype in the beguning, but this MM situation just got away from them IMO.

People were reporting going thu 4 or 5 cases of MM wave2 & not finding a single goul batman. & I think that's just not smart. because I have every intention on makeing good on my word & just go back to DCD.

oh yeah, some of the unavailability problem that we've all been experianceing is due to scaplers. Now I'm not trying to start no stuff, I'm just making a vaild observation.

its one thing to loose out to some one who got up just a lil bit more early than you (that I can live with), but knowing you don't even stand a chance because scalpers got half the store in their hip pockets is just plain depressing as hell, & frankly I DONT WANNA PLAY ANY MORE! not if retailers & distributors are gonna "drop the ball" & "play favorites" like this.

what difference does any of this make? when ever they come out again, people are gonna buy them. most toy stores have already been through atleast 3 cases, and i know that most online stores have restocked atleast twice. i think the demand killed the production. what i mean by that is,..they over produced the 1st wave!,..thats why you could get any of them any time they want with no problem. so i think they undershiped wave 2, or most stores computers never ordered them because they never sold all of wave 1, or even a combo of both! maybe, since they had QC problems, they just pulled all of the figs from being released which pushed back everything. im straight...ill just wait it out. plus...with all of the money being spent on DK figs, you guys shouldnt have any complaints(gives your wallet a break)

i don't know, and i really don't care as long as my wife can find black mantra, black bolt, cyborg and any other ethinic superheros, but so far she's went everywhere and can't find black mantra, being deployed sucks @grumpy@

i don't know, and i really don't care as long as my wife can find black mantra, black bolt, cyborg and any other ethinic superheros, but so far she's went everywhere and can't find black mantra, being deployed sucks @grumpy@

im going to TRU and target in the morning, if i see it ill grab it for you....no problem!

All I know is, it's making Mattel look bad. I'm talking "Masters of the Universe 2002" Bad.

we were promised distribution and packout issues would be a major improvement over past boys lines. This is more of the same.

combine that with the above mentioned scale issue, and my previously amended respect for Mattel has dwindled back to 2004 levels.

I can't say. Honestly I haven't seen anything past wave 1 of the DC Universe figures anywhere and I look more than once a week at a KB, 3 Wal-Marts and a Target. The Movie Masters I've seen but after the first shipment the stores haven't had much of them. I was lucky to have bought the Joker before it disappeared from stores.

Its hard to tell if Mattel is the real problem. Wave 1 was shipped very good however Wave 2 is crazy, i never saw Aquaman on the shelves at ALL, and now the Jason version of Firestorm has been cancelled. I bought extra Ronnie Firestorm's because I preorded the Jason sets and they were cancelled and then BBTS switched and now I am stuck with more Ronnie's. I only saw the set twice at TRU and never at Target or any other place.

It becomes Mattel's problem when they cancelled the variants and different sets and also delay upcoming waves.

Also anyone notice that BBTS went up on the sets of DCUC, they are 69.99 for 6 while Corner Store Comics are 59.99, looks like I will be switching.

Don't expect Corner Store to stay the same for long. The price of toys seems to be going up all around.

I agree with the above poster that said it doesn't make a difference. Unless you're all saying that you're -not- going to buy them when they finally do become available, it makes no difference to Mattel at all. Buy them now, buy them later, as long as folks are still buying, they're happy.

Of course by the logic being employed here, I guess Hasbro's G.I. Joe line is "dead" too, since those are really hard to find, as well.

what i dont understand is why,..."if people want them so much", dont they just order them when these onine stores have them "instock". if you really want them, buy them.69.99 isnt a bad price when thats what itll take to get them outta the store(about that) your shipping is all those 10's and 20's you keep popping in the tank on the hunt. dont get me wrong. imma hunter! love hunting! but i also know when im beat. order your figs, and keep it moving.

Don't expect Corner Store to stay the same for long. The price of toys seems to be going up all around.

Yeah, Mattel did raise the prices of the cases starting with DCUC 3.

I totally agree with a previous poster - they overproduced Wave 1 and I imagine got a lot of complaints about unsold stock. The pendulum swung the other way for Wave 2 and they cut way back. They should be able to find a happy medium.

Cancelled variants are gonna bite 'em on the ass.

some of us want the modern versions of the figures more than the classic.

i think the demand for classics is a little higher than modern.

Cancelled variants are gonna bite 'em on the ass.

some of us want the modern versions of the figures more than the classic.

i think the demand for classics is a little higher than modern.

a lot higher actually, but i'm sure they're put the "variant" versions in a future line.

hmmm, since when is Blackbolt ethnic....well i guess inhumans are a minority...... @hmmm@

Didn't a guy above say he wanted ethnic superheroes?

they cancelled the Black Firestorm.

and the demand for classics is not higher than modern in some cases.

i forgot to add this to my other post but....more people perfer classic over modern. face it!

The line is called DC Universe Classics. In most cases, the classic form is the most recognized version of those particular characters. Personally, the anal comic-geek in me would really like to have a modern Red Tornado and Firestorm to make the eventual JLA display "accurate." But I can completely understand why they're focusing on older versions over newer in most cases.