Attention 25th Anniversary collectors:

Devilbat

I'm selling my collection, but I wanted to give you guys first crack at it since I know they're so hard to come buy. I'm asking $8.00 for each one ($2.00 for each loose one), and shipping will be $5.00 for Priority Mail. I'll take each order via Private Message in the order that I receive them. Most of them are on mint cards, but let me know if you have any questions about their exact condition.

If you've never dealt with me before, I have excelllent feedback both here on the trading boards and on eBay. I accept Paypal (my account name is tsr73@hotmail.com) or money orders. You must have a confirmed address and verified account if paying by Paypal, and I can combine shipping if you're interested in more than one. Thanks guys!

25th Anniversary MOC/MOMC: (ALL SOLD)

Loose Figures (brand-new, mint/complete, never used):

Baroness (5-pack)

Cobra Commander (5-pack)

Cobra Commander (hooded)

Roadblock (5-pack)

Snake-Eyes (5-pack)

Storm Shadow (comic pack/cloaked)

Wild Weasel (comic pack)

DB,

May I ask why you're selling?

Tom

Yeah, if it's not too personal a reason, what's up DB?

DB,

Tom

He sells every year. Nothing new here...

-Kevin

You mean he "purges"...like a bulimic?

DB,

Tom

Tom, VH...to answer your questions...ahh, it's really a combination of reasons. Mainly it boils down to the fact that there are other things I want more that I couldn't have otherwise if I didn't sell these things. I don't play with them. I don't really enjoy them loose. And sometimes I think I dwell on and hang onto the past way too much, and G.I. Joe kinda embodies that sentiment for me. They're not the Joes I grew up with. It'll never be 1985 again. I find that I'm collecting these mainly because they're in retro packaging. I do it because I can. I'm tired of keeping up. Sometimes I think they're not as high-quality as the originals. I don't like how they stand on their stands. Sometimes their joints are ugly to me. I want to simplify my life. There are just a number of reasons. No big deal. I just think that I get caught up in the fact that I buy them just because it's got G.I. Joe printed on it; it's a "G.I. Joe" figure in cool retro packaging.

I hope, and I'm sure I speak for VH too, that I didn't offend you in any way, DB. I was more concerned that maybe you were having rough times, as we all do, or maybe you were pulling the pin on the collecting. ; )

But I get some of the feelings you mentioned, too - my family is moving to Florida from New York, and I always lived with my parents prior to the Army. On leave now, I've had to box up and carefully package all my collection, and believe me... along with the warm feelings of nostalgia and love for my figures, you definitely get the impression maybe it's a little much. I've got almost 30 Rubbermaid tubs filled with Bionicles, Computer Warriors, Dino Riders, Exo Squad, Transformers, and GI Joe... it's so overwhelming, I wonder if it's worth it all.

In retrospect, I wish I had never bought any of the JvC or VvV stuff, but I did because, well... "GI Joe".

Tom

I hope, and I'm sure I speak for VH too, that I didn't offend you in any way, DB. I was more concerned that maybe you were having rough times, as we all do, or maybe you were pulling the pin on the collecting. ; )

But I get some of the feelings you mentioned, too - my family is moving to Florida from New York, and I always lived with my parents prior to the Army. On leave now, I've had to box up and carefully package all my collection, and believe me... along with the warm feelings of nostalgia and love for my figures, you definitely get the impression maybe it's a little much. I've got almost 30 Rubbermaid tubs filled with Bionicles, Computer Warriors, Dino Riders, Exo Squad, Transformers, and GI Joe... it's so overwhelming, I wonder if it's worth it all.

In retrospect, I wish I had never bought any of the JvC or VvV stuff, but I did because, well... "GI Joe".

Tom

I can relate.

I've moved a few times myself in the last year and a half, and I was quite SHOCKED at just how much of this stuff I'd accumulated in such a short time. More stuff to just add to the boxes and boxes full of all the OLD stuff, to where it's taking up half the garage right now, and I often have to ask "for what good reason?"

It's been a part of me for so long now though, I'll never part with it, and like all my DVD's and hundreds of CD's....I go thru phases where I might want to watch this particular movie or listen to this particular group, that maybe I haven't done in a long while, but when the urge hits me, I know it's THERE, and my Joes sorta serve the same purpose. I'm not always all about G.I.Joe and there's more to me than that (I'd sure hope to us all) but when i am in that phase, it's nice to have my collection there to look over and enjoy..for what it's worth. :)

oh..and I think Admiral was just reassuring Tom & I that there wasn't anything major crisis-like behind your wanting to sell all this stuff, (like we might have been thinking and worried about) as he's seen where you've sold off a bunch of stuff before, so no worries...is what I took from it. I didn't think he was trying to be rude or anything.

Tom

Naw, I wasn't offended in the least. But you're right; it does get to be too much. I mean, I'll always have my great memories of G.I. Joe, of buying them, getting them for Christmas and playing with them, reading the comics and watching the shows. Nothing will ever change that. I guess alot of things have happened in my life the past few years, and I've found myself clinging to stuff that allows me to relive my childhood or reclaim it or whatever you want to call it. And I've come to the conclusion that I don't need this stuff to have great memories of the past. It just enhances it; it doesn't bring it back and it will never be the same.

That is how I have been feeling about those too. I still like the RAH reissues like comic packs and some 6-packs but I feel like I wasted my money on the new sculpts. I think alot of it is because I like the 25th stuff so much more. I feel like I should have just waited for this but then again, back then I did not know what was in store for the future.

Tom

I can relate.

I've moved a few times myself in the last year and a half, and I was quite SHOCKED at just how much of this stuff I'd accumulated in such a short time. More stuff to just add to the boxes and boxes full of all the OLD stuff, to where it's taking up half the garage right now, and I often have to ask "for what good reason?"

It's been a part of me for so long now though, I'll never part with it, and like all my DVD's and hundreds of CD's....I go thru phases where I might want to watch this particular movie or listen to this particular group, that maybe I haven't done in a long while, but when the urge hits me, I know it's THERE, and my Joes sorta serve the same purpose. I'm not always all about G.I.Joe and there's more to me than that (I'd sure hope to us all) but when i am in that phase, it's nice to have my collection there to look over and enjoy..for what it's worth. :)

oh..and I think Admiral was just reassuring Tom & I that there wasn't anything major crisis-like behind your wanting to sell all this stuff, (like we might have been thinking and worried about) as he's seen where you've sold off a bunch of stuff before, so no worries...is what I took from it. I didn't think he was trying to be rude or anything.

It's okay, and I understand all too well. See, what Admiral Hunter hinted at (and I'll admit I got mad at him at first since he had said something similar awhile back but then I got over it) was I've been through these phases where I just wanted rid of everything; I've sold a couple of good Transformers collections, and I had even sold one G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary collection already. But I'd always regret it later and buy stuff back. I had decided though that I could live without Transformers, but G.I. Joe was always nearer and dearer to my heart growing up. And when I learned of a new Spirit figure and Snake-Eyes Version 3, my longing for new Joe G.I. Joe figures really came back. So I started back-tracking and buying all of the earlier waves. But...I don't know. I just think I've been caught up in the whole nostalgia factor. I don't do dios and I don't play with 'em. And I don't necessarily like to display them loose, so I figure what's the point. I'll always love G.I. Joe, and I'm sure I'll appreciate the movie stuff. Heck, I may even start collecting the new Sideshow 12-inchers on the side, which would be an ironic full-circle phenomenon since they started out as twelve-inch figures to begin with. I just feel like my hard-earned money is better spent on other stuff right now. I don't want to discourage anybody else. I still think it's great they're acknowledging us older long-time fans, but I think it's just not for me anymore, collecting-wise. I'd still like to hang out here and swap stories and memories from time to time though, and I'll probably check out the new stuff with a passing interest still. But I think I'm done as a mainstream G.I. Joe collector.

Thats exactly what happened to me recently. I had all of wave 1 because I needed $. Then when my financial situation cleared up I started to rebuy (of course at a much higher cost then I sold them for). Then I just reevaluated the situation. Saw that 25th figs were rising in price and couldn't justify it. I am an army builder at heart and couldn't really afford to army build these. So I sold them all again.

Now I am starting to have reservations about the rest of my Joes.

PM sent.

I've got almost 30 Rubbermaid tubs filled with Bionicles, Computer Warriors, Dino Riders, Exo Squad, Transformers, and GI Joe... it's so overwhelming, I wonder if it's worth it all.

...is it bad that I'm 27 years old and want to set up a play-date?

PM sent.

I've got almost 30 Rubbermaid tubs filled with Bionicles, Computer Warriors, Dino Riders, Exo Squad, Transformers, and GI Joe... it's so overwhelming, I wonder if it's worth it all.

@loll@

Guys, I just got a Doc in the mail. I'll sell him for $40.00 shipped if anyone's interested. The plastic case is crumpled at the top, but the card-back is perfect inside.

Only if we make out during the date. @hmmm@

Tom

I'll bring the chapstick. You bring the Computer Warriors.

Megahert or Romm? > : D

Tom