Pondering the DVD battle packs

FlyingFigg

OK so we know the theme of each of the five upcoming sets:

Set 1: 65296 "The M.A.S.S. Device" Console & Element Containers

Set 2: 65297 "The Revenge Of Cobra" Generator

Set 3: 65907 "Arise Serpentor Arise!" Control Turret

Set 4: 65908 "Pyramid Of Darkness" Transport Chassis

Set 5: 65909 "G.I.Joe - Best Of Episodes" Beam Emitter

And all the figures included in the upcoming sets are related to the DVD's right? So my question is: Which episodes do you think would qualify for a best of episodes, and what figures would be included to relate to it?

• Like 1

And all the figures included in the upcoming sets are related to the DVD's right? So my question is: Which episodes do you think would qualify for a best of episodes, and what figures would be included to relate to it?

I know the "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" set comes with Serpentor, Dusty, Quick Kick, and the skeleton of Atilla the Hun.

"M.A.S.S. Device" - Rationion Poisoning Snake-Eyes& Timber, Scuba Gear Baroness, Cobra Trooper, Stalker w/ Jet Pack and I am not sure who else.

"Revenge of Cobra - Roadblock, Cartoon acurate Lade Jaye, Destro, and the Weather Dominator.

The others, I can't recall. I know there is one that comes with a cartoon accurate Major Bludd, but not sure which.

I know the "Arise, Serpentor, Arise" set comes with Serpentor, Dusty, Quick Kick, and the skeleton of Atilla the Hun.

"M.A.S.S. Device" - Rationion Poisoning Snake-Eyes& Timber, Scuba Gear Baroness, Cobra Trooper, Stalker w/ Jet Pack and I am not sure who else.

"Revenge of Cobra - Roadblock, Cartoon acurate Lade Jaye, Destro, and the Weather Dominator.

The others, I can't recall. I know there is one that comes with a cartoon accurate Major Bludd, but not sure which.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear:

We know what were getting for 4 out of 5 battle packs, and those figures relate to the DVD that is included with that particular set.

The 5th set or unknown set is a "Best of" set. Implying it will be 5 individual episodes, not related to one another, so I wonder which episodes will these be? and which figures will we get from those episodes?

• Like 1

I'll take a shot in the dark.....more like a toss in the complete black...

The Episodes being: Jungle Trap, The Funhouse, The Spy Who Rooked Me, Nightmare Assault

And the related Figures: Recondo (Jungle Trap), Airtight w/ removeable Helmet (The Funhouse), Cartoon Zartan(The Spy Who...), and

Dr. Mindbender (Nightmare Assault)

Now I don't know that these are the greatest episodes, but I tried to pick out episodes that would allow for the release of new figures and stick to the half joe half cobra ratio for the figure assortment in the box sets. I think this would be a great opportunity to release a few fan favorites like Blowtorch, Sci-Fi, Low-Light, Wet-Suit and maybe even LifeLine, but I can see the figures I picked being made out of existing parts. I tried to be fairly realistic with the expectations and possibility when I did this little speculation. What do you think?

I'll take a shot in the dark.....more like a toss in the complete black...

The Episodes being: Jungle Trap, The Funhouse, The Spy Who Rooked Me, Nightmare Assault

And the related Figures: Recondo (Jungle Trap), Airtight w/ removeable Helmet (The Funhouse), Cartoon Zartan(The Spy Who...), and

Dr. Mindbender (Nightmare Assault)

You know, I'd love to see that assortment, as would most people on these boards. However, given what we've seen so far, we would be lucky to get two of those figures. If you consider the packs we've already seen; 1 and 2 were entirely repaints, and 3 and 4 had mostly repaints, or new molds of old characters.

Therefore, it is more than likely in my opinion that we may see one or two of the characters you suggest, but they will be mixed with a couple of useless repaints again.

@can@

As much as I'd love new figures in the Best Of set I'm sure Hasbro will give us another Duke,Snake Eyes,Cobra Commander and Destro.

Probably true as they consider these figures the 'best of' the line. #hang@

@can@

I've got a question:

What company is producing the actual DVD's that come in these sets?

I've got a question:

What company is producing the actual DVD's that come in these sets?

I believe that Hasbro recently bought the rights from Sony, so....

Hasbro would be the official distributer, and it would likely be produced by Sony. The only other company that MIGHT be involved based of prior history would be Rhino Entertainment.

@can@

My favorite Things

Sepentor with many faces, Land based Wet Suit, injured Leathernek and Lifeline.

Synthoids

All the top officers.

The one with Mara

Mara, Navel officer, Sailor and Shipwrek in dive suit.

Operation Dragon Fire

Creature Cobra Commander, Sm Slaughter, PP Crimson Guard and Alley Viper with what ever Sepentor turned into.

I was wondering the same thing myself. I have a feeling they may offer figs that show up in a few if not all the episodes they have in that set. I also have a feeling that there will be at least one 2 part episode. I guess we should find out soon. Maybe at SDCC.

I believe that Hasbro recently bought the rights from Sony, so.... Hasbro would be the official distributer, and it would likely be produced by Sony. The only other company that MIGHT be involved based of prior history would be Rhino Entertainment.

Just to clarify the rights issue:

A couple months back, Hasbro purchased the rights to a large number of Sunbow shows that were based on their properties, including (we assume) the entire GIJoe series. Until recently, the Sunbow Library was owned by a Licensing company called TV-Loonland, who licensed the shows to Sony (who sub-licensed them to Rhino in the first half of the decade). Hasbro also reacquired that license from Sony, so no company at the moment (that we know of) has the legal right to produce GIJoe cartoons except Hasbro.

Given the figures put in with Serpentor and Pyramid of Darkness, I think the episode/figure correlation is largely moot. I'll almost bet the set will have the following figures regardless the episodes:

Duke and/or Flint in Sunbow colors (although, depending on how the Flint in cobra disguise works out, we might get Duke in the DVD set, we haven't had a Duke in this assortment yet)

Crimson Guard in cartoon colors (the new CC hands lend some support as the CGs were always animated with longer gloves than the figure or comic)

Zartan in cartoon colors (depending on how the wave 11 figure turns out)

Recondo would be solid choice to round out the set though I'd be tickled if Hasbro used Indy parts to give us a generic scientist figure for Cobra to capture

I recall some polls listing The Traitor as one of the most well-regarded eps of the Sunbow series. But they're already releasing Dusty.

It doesn't seem like the eps that might be considered the "Best of" (by as broad a consensus as possible, anyway) would necessarily have characters or char-in-outfits that either buyers would want to buy or Hasbro would want to sell. I think There's No Place Like Springfield was pretty high up there too; although, I would like to see Mara or diving suit Shipwreck (or diving suit Lady Jaye, hoo hoo).

Somehow I never thought about the possibility of the DVD sets to give us a cartoon-style Flint, even though he's easily in my top 3 most-wanted figures.

The mention of an Airtight with removable helmet also makes me drool. Wonder if we could get both in one set?

Blast it, where's that wishin' star?!

Somehow I never thought about the possibility of the DVD sets to give us a cartoon-style Flint, even though he's easily in my top 3 most-wanted figures.

The mention of an Airtight with removable helmet also makes me drool. Wonder if we could get both in one set?

YEAH!!! Cartoon Flint. That will save me one custom off my list!

I don't have enough figures that look like Reggie Jackson so Alpine is on my list. Also, Keel Haul is up there. I hope they don't do something lame like give us 3 figures and a vine. Oops. Too late.

I don't have enough figures that look like Reggie Jackson so Alpine is on my list. Also, Keel Haul is up there. I hope they don't do something lame like give us 3 figures and a vine. Oops. Too late.

I'm pretty sure in one of the Q&A's Alpine was mentioned. You really can't have Bazooka without Alpine.

I'm pretty sure in one of the Q&A's Alpine was mentioned. You really can't have Bazooka without Alpine.

An Alpine would be pretty cool. I'd be happy to see him.

Hopefully Hasbro will take the opportunity to make some new figures instead of repainting old ones as is their bent lately.

Personally I hope they include either Lifeline or Lowlight in this set. (2 of my 3 alltime favourites).

@can@

Hopefully Hasbro will take the opportunity to make some new figures instead of repainting old ones as is their bent lately.

Personally I hope they include either Lifeline or Lowlight in this set. (2 of my 3 alltime favourites).

Hasbro would probably make one, then try to repaint it into the other, with no changes save paint. Either way, one of them would be effed in the head- literally. @grumpy@