walmart question

yojoe78

whenever I am not there.. or more specifically, after I have just left and got what i wanted first LOL

actually... the best time to find any toys at walmart is when they are bringing out the pallets. That is usually around 10pm or so here, can be earlier or later depending on the store. Then you can walk in and see all the toys piled up ready to be stocked onto the shelves.

yeah most times at night but sometimes in the afternoon, they bring out pallets and do them during the day if they finshed unloadign that days truck early.

It's really different at every Wal-mart but MOST start bringing out pallets around 9-10 PM. By Midnight, most of the pallets are out and they start working them. If you hit it early enough in the morning, you can usually do pretty well depending on where you live and how many other collectors and or scalpers you compete with. One thing you ALWAYS need to do is find the person on duty and get them to open the box or ask if you can and don't just grab stuff off the pallets. You treat them with respect and courtesy, they'll be more likely to help you find what you are looking for than that scalper that runs in and starts tearing into boxes and leaving stuff lying around in a mess and bullying their way around. I've been able to get to know the folks working at that time and they've helped me by setting stuff aside or going in the back and checking for stuff for me when I've seen them tell others they need to keep checking because they were throwing stuff around and being rude. Even if they are rude to you, don't be rude back. They may be responding to how they've been treated earlier but if you consistently are nice they'll see you're not like the "hot wheels guy" and be willing to help you more later.

My Wal Mart has been stocking toys on Wednesday & Thursday mornings.

I can't say there's a best time, other than going in the morning will save you from the 'younger generations' (meaning it's usually all elders, so pretty quiet)

I usually go shopping anywhere from mid-morning to early evening, and I have found everything I want, except a Flash. As of today's post under the 'Sightings' topic, I am current, and have not had to use the internet yet.

But I guess it really depends on the store. A well-run store (ex, Cromwell, CT) will have people stocking all day - filling in the gaps as needed. A 'lesser' quality store (Bristol, CT) will only stock overnight, meaning crack-o-dawn is your best bet. But all it really boils down to is patience and perseverance.

If it helps, I have also found that the outlying stores that you would think are too out-of-the-way are the best stocked ones, as they realize they are covering a greater demographic than the urban locations that are only a town apart. (In one shot, I picked up 8 Vipers and 7 Python Officers at a store in Old Saybrook, CT which is an hour away from me, and whose next closest location is 30 minutes away.) Their pegs, well, bring back memories of a better day, when toy shelves were stocked in a cornicopia of goodness, rather than the bare bones they are now. Do some exploring.

I go whenever it's convenient for me. Today I went in around 1:30pm and found all of wave 9 except Snow Serpent. There really isn't a right time to go in, unless you can get a hookup from an employee.

It would be nice if Hasbro just started issuing out special "collector cards" or something, so that collectors can just order WHOLESALE, in BULK and have the cases of this stuff just shipped right out to their doorsteps and save the effort of them standing around the aisles, in the middle of the night, waiting for entire pallets of the stuff to come out of the store rooms, thus preventing the product from ever even hitting the shelves, resulting in the current dilema of us (non determined types) never seeing the stuff and only the barte pegs below the price stickers, where product SHOULD be. ^_^

Company's do this for professional Disc Jockeys (i know..i was one) and let you order certain things relegated normally to radio stations only, all you had to do was provide proof of being a professional DJ and you were in. Collectors could sign up with hasbro (like members of MC or similar?) when products ready to start shipping, we just call in, place our orders directly from the warehouse and BAM...we're all good to go. :P

Of course, this is all nonsense, for amusement sake, and is pretty much what entails being an online dealer of this product, but hell, why don't some of you just get a license to distribute and do the same thing, only you NEVER sell any of it. @smilepunch@

When I worked overnights at Target (Now they have us working early mornings) I got out from anywheres between 4am to 7am

I would hit the Super Walmart near me and they would be stocking toys between those hours

One key thing keeping Hasbro from doing the "collector" thing, Walmart (and other mass retailers). You DON'T piss off your major retailers to make a few fanboys happy. Closest you'll get is Hasbrotoyshop.com. You can buy all their stuff on there most of the time. You just have to pay shipping.

There are plenty of places you can order cases of stuff at retail cost if you want to just order them.

One key thing keeping Hasbro from doing the "collector" thing, Walmart (and other mass retailers). You DON'T piss off your major retailers to make a few fanboys happy. Closest you'll get is Hasbrotoyshop.com. You can buy all their stuff on there most of the time. You just have to pay shipping.

There are plenty of places you can order cases of stuff at retail cost if you want to just order them.

I know, I was just being stupid. ;)

For all the online places to buy this stuff, and the growing numbers of collectors that choose to go that route as routine, it's amazing that it's still so hard to get this stuff at retail. :( I really don't know (for certain) as to why this is such a problem. Lack of adequate distribution? hasbro isn't producing enough? Retailers aren't ordering enough? Retailers aren't REPLACING sold product with new stock? Waves are coming out too damn fast, that retailers don't look at it like they're NOT restocking, because in truth they ARE, it's just the next new speedy wave instead of more of the LAST two?

It's just stupid to me, that I can't go out and buy these toys, and yet so MUCH of it is being advertised and promoted (to the "fans") and it's all "ewwwww" and "aaaaaah's" when we see it here on these very pages, yet I go to the retailers and just come away going "sh@#!" and "damn!" Missed the flurry of eager buyers by THAT much!!! @lol@

For my personally is very early in the morning.I will sometimes get up at 4am and leave to house at 4:30 and stop by Walmart.Our walmarts usually stock late at night.There was one instanse where they stock frieght at 8pm on thursday night.I had a perscription to pick up.