who is sick of reapints of

xhairs

no more with repaints  

34 members have voted

1. 1. stop with them already

• hell yes
    • no keep them coming
    • what ever

ok guys lets tell hasbro how we feel about repaints of duke,SS,CC,& SE. i am for one sick of seeing them. and now destro .

WE WANT NEW FIGS NO MORE REPAINTS!!!!!!!!!! #US1# IE LEATHERNECK, LIFELINE, RECONDO AND SO ON.

I voted whatever. I don't like them, but, constantly putting out the most recognized characters is probably helping keeping the line going, by being more desireable to the less than hardcore collector (no one that post here for example), kids and what-not.

I pretty much look at them as a necessary evil.

I'd like to see no more repaints but I don't think it's in the cards.

You know, I'm with you - I'd rather they give us Airtight or Mainframe or Lowlight or Scrap Iron sooner instead of later... I mean, I love what we've gotten, but they really haven't assembled a broad selection of characters. I'm excluding the Original 13 here, because they're more of a 'For Old Time's Sake' sort of thing than characters I think are active in 'modern' GI Joe.

On the other hand, I like the recolors for two reasons. Bear in mind, neither are particularly GOOD reasons, or justify their continued presense, but hear me out.

First, I like them because they give me a chance to pick which version of the character I like most. For example, I thought the initial 5-pack Cobra Set Cobra Commander was WORTHLESS. But The recent 'MASS Device' version came out with the little silver strip on his helmet, and as INSIGNIFICANT as it seems.. I love it. There are other examples, but that's that.

And secondly, I think I agree with Figg - The 'core' Joes and Cobras need to be available at all times, really. Like X-Men or He-Man, you always have to have your main guys available. When I was a wee one, I remember shunning the Ninja Turtles line because I have Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael, but no Donatello. I bet there are lots of kids out there as anal as me X D

Tom

I voted yes because, while I'm all for kids having these toys, Hasbro could produce more of the same figure instead of releasing Cobra Commander with some crystals. How many Dukes are out there? Some have lighter shirts and darker pants. One is a very bright green. One comes with the backpack, gun and binoculars that he should have come with in the first place.

It reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons when Lisa tries to make her own doll. To trump this doll, the makers of Malibu Stacy releases a regular Malibu Stacy... WITH A NEW HAT!!!

Thank you, no. Re-release old ones. That's not as evil because it saves those who collect every figure in the line from having an entire wall of Cobra Commanders.

i hear you guys yes we need some to survive but not in every wave. they take up spots for other to fill. we know hasbro can give us kiiler new molds of our fav joes. so why cant they just give us a repaint in every other wave or 2.

When I was a wee one, I remember shunning the Ninja Turtles line because I have Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Raphael, but no Donatello. I bet there are lots of kids out there as anal as me X D

I was much the same way when I was little.

I was extremely careful about keeping track of my GI Joe accessories, and if by chance I happened to lose one, I pretty much put that figure or vehicle aside as being worthless. @lol@ I remember going to friends' houses and they would just be mixing and matching accessories with whoever needed a gun or backpack and it used to drive me crazy...

Anyways, I voted for "whatever." I don't think it's been too bad with this line. Most of the repaints have a purpose...but if this line starts going the direction of JVC with repaints where they don't make sense anymore...THEN I'll be complaining. @wink@

I voted whatever.

Honestly if Hasbro did not put these out we would still not be seeing other Joes like Low-Light and whoever. We would just be getting alot less figures period. The main reason Hasbro puts so many repaints out is because thewr are repaints and it's very easy to crank alot of them out. It takes alot more to do brand new guys that we have not seen yet.

Plus for evey one person who likes the 5-pack Duke there is someone who did not. This way Hasbro can please more people by making tons of different version of the top dogs in the line. It's just like what Tom said about the 5-pack CC and cartoon CC. It also gives some people a chance to get the figures at all if they missed them another time.

I really liked the jetpack Duke and 3-pack Duke. Hasbro could have waited longer to do them but they are still cool to me.

I really don't care. If I don't like a repaint I just won't buy it.

im really tired of them.. not so much the repaints of characters.. but the reused of bodies for other characters so much.

Tripwire is far too much Flash. Major Bludd is too much Zartan, etc.

if they want to reused parts so much, they should use them as PARTS! I need to see some clever frankensteining, or just quit it already. I'm tired of seeing recycled parts that don't work

I voted...

I don't care for them, but to be honest, right now, some Joes are better than no Joes, lol...

I did stumble into a TRU today and saw like 6 of each of the exclusive 3-packs and 2-4 of each batle pack, and a buttload of Sigma 6 figures and the python patrol wave clogging the pegs, thought that was kinda cool.

That's pretty much the way I look at it.

Here's something for thought: Thus far (counting what's announced but not released yet), Hasbro has reused the mold for just about everything at least once. However, in an upcoming DVD (Arise Serpentor) pack there will be a skeleton figure. How are they gonna reuse that mold?

Here's something for thought: Thus far (counting what's announced but not released yet), Hasbro has reused the mold for just about everything at least once. However, in an upcoming DVD (Arise Serpentor) pack there will be a skeleton figure. How are they gonna reuse that mold?

@lol@

Good point.

Is the skeleton maybe from another toy line though?

@lol@

Good point.

I thought about that, it could be, but nothing I'm aware of.

im really tired of them.. not so much the repaints of characters.. but the reused of bodies for other characters so much.

Tripwire is far too much Flash. Major Bludd is too much Zartan, etc.

if they want to reused parts so much, they should use them as PARTS! I need to see some clever frankensteining, or just quit it already. I'm tired of seeing recycled parts that don't work

I share in the endless whirlpool of frothing rage that is your opinion, Clam.

Nothing frustrates me more than hearing "Oh man, Barbecue's coming?!" and seeing it's Snowjob with a fancy new head. It has worked well only once or twice so far (Wild Weasel/Snow Job for example) but otherwise they're duds. And it really makes me hold my breathe for my personal favorite Joes... will they be new or are they going to be someone from Wave 2 with Duke arms and his legs with the one STUPID pocket ON THE FRONT that NO MILITARY UNIFORM HAS EVER HAD EVER.

Endless whirlpool of frothing rage.

Tom

...legs with the one STUPID pocket ON THE FRONT that NO MILITARY UNIFORM HAS EVER HAD EVER.

I wish we had that pocket. It would be wicked easy to get into. It would kinda suck for crawling around though.

I'm up in the air about reusing bodies. In the military there's a lot of stuff that is basically the same cut but may be used in different branches with different camo. Would an insulated suit used in the artic be a similar cut to a military fire fighter's uniform? Would a lazer trooper's protective armor be good protection against an anti-troop/tank mine?

You'd think with their love of reusing bodies and heads they would have made the original 13 right off the bat.

There was a point made about repaints being better than the original. Well, I'll eat my words from earlier because paint was why I passed up on the original Cobra Box set. I felt that there was something missing about CC and didn't like the silver painted Destro. As it turns out the silver stripe was all that was missing and I picked up the single carded version with the crystals. And now the chrome plated Destro is coming out in the DVD pack. So I got (or getting) the figures that I wanted... all thanks to repaints.

So I've been swayed to "whatever". I suppose there is a need for repaints.

@lol@

Good point.

If it is in fact new I'm sure they made it with Indiana Jones in mind.

@lol@

Good point.

Could be a modified Indy alien skeleton figure???

http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/default...page=Redemption

Or... maybe another Indiana Jones Skeleton that will be in a future wave, I can totally see that bing used in that line as well.

Could be a modified Indy alien skeleton figure???

http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/default...page=Redemption

Or... maybe another Indiana Jones Skeleton that will be in a future wave, I can totally see that bing used in that line as well.

Im going to laugh when KB Toys has these single carded in @2-3 years :)

I voted yes. Honestly, how many different cobra commanders (and others) does one really need. I don't mind picking up different versions of the same character: normal and IG destro; hooded, helmeted, and armored cobra commander. But when it's just the same thing over and over and over again (ie. Duke) it just gets boring. If they want to keep selling Duke or Cobra Commander in later waves, just pack more of the old figure with the wave like they did with wave 6. Don't waste a product slot to produce the same thing with new card art and a new gun. It's so pointless, especially when guys like Recondo, Airtight, Lifeline and Lowlight languish unmade.

@can@

I like to be a completist, but I stopped collecting Star Wars a long while back because there was just too much merchandise to keep up with. Too many repaints, too many impossible exclusives, too many multi-packs where you'd have to buy five figures you already had just to buy the one new one you want. It just gets really annoying.

The new sculpts and articulation of the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes got me collecting Joes for the first time in my life, but Hasbro is doing the same thing with these. I returned all my Toys R Us exclusive multi-packs and will now only consider buying the single carded figures if, by some miracle, I happen to wander across them, which isn't likely with the availability of these figures.

I think Toy Biz and Mattel are much better about what product they release. Their lines are actually manageable to collect completely.

I think Toy Biz and Mattel are much better about what product they release. Their lines are actually manageable to collect completely.

I would agree except I have the hardest time trying to finding the DC figures. Dark Knight stuff isn't hard to find.

Toy Biz was much easier to collect than the Hasbro Marvel Legends. I don't want to have to buy 10 figures to make a build-a-figure that is the same size as everyone else. Most of the time I don't want half of those figures. I want Fin Fang Foom but I grimace at the thought of buying some of those Hulk figures to get it.