The Lost Temple of Akator Playset

• 1 month later...

I picked it up on clearance at TRU cause the main box had become trashed, leaving just the inner tray. They managed to salvage the barcode when I was there and I asked them what they were gonna do with it. They were just gonna throw it in the trash. I told them that if it was OK, I'd take it and pay something for it. They let me have it for the equivalent of $10.

I assembled it and it looks great, although my annoyance is with the peg and their trouble with figures with the peg holes in the front of the feet. Like the Ugha Warriors and Russian Soldiers. They will balance, but the slightest touch will cause them to fall over.

Otherwise, to me, its a solid toy and does actually look great with the Ugha vs. the Russian Army and Spalko. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll try it with the 2 crystal skeletons

I picked it up on clearance at TRU cause the main box had become trashed, leaving just the inner tray. They managed to salvage the barcode when I was there and I asked them what they were gonna do with it. They were just gonna throw it in the trash. I told them that if it was OK, I'd take it and pay something for it. They let me have it for the equivalent of $10.

I assembled it and it looks great, although my annoyance is with the peg and their trouble with figures with the peg holes in the front of the feet. Like the Ugha Warriors and Russian Soldiers. They will balance, but the slightest touch will cause them to fall over.

Otherwise, to me, its a solid toy and does actually look great with the Ugha vs. the Russian Army and Spalko. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll try it with the 2 crystal skeletons

You should post pictures! I was thinking about picking it up on clearance if I see it, just to use as a display peice. I hope it seels, then we might get more playsets... I mean look what is happeneing to Star Wars right now!

They even are making The Lar's homestead from ANH

What?? I didn't even know this thing was out, and it is already on clearance? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled the next time I get to a TRU. So, this comes with two figures, of Indiana Jones andf an Ugha Warrior, right? Are there any differences in them than in the standard release versions?

You guys should see it soon. I found one this week at TRU here (Toronto). It was the only one and it didn't have a price sticker on the shelf. It rang up at $49.99 here.

So I would assume you are going to start to see the set showing up soon nationwide.

• 2 weeks later...

I need some playsets and this one looks pretty neat looking.I only have the new TMNT cartoon playset and the Batcave.So this would make a great addtion too my character room(action figure room).

• 2 weeks later...