Universe Ratchet Prototype-Leads me to Some Questions

Forcehunter

Think about it though, how much has having a supporting show really helped TF's over the past several lines?

They got through what between 10-20 episodes, if even that, before being stuck in early morning purgatory for the rest of the run. Yet they continued for the most part to sell well. The biggest failure being the original Universe line. I only think that tanked because most of the repaints weren't too good.

I think kids just gravitate towards whatever looks cool to them. If the figures look good, they usually do well. If they don't look good, they pass.

However, I do wish that Classicsverse would get some extra love in the promotion department. If Hasbro goes through with those more mature themed "webisode" series then I think that would be the perfect line to do it with. Let's hope the GI Joe series gets a warm reception and that TF's aren't too far behind!

Think about it though, how much has having a supporting show really helped TF's over the past several lines?

They got through what between 10-20 episodes, if even that, before being stuck in early morning purgatory for the rest of the run. Yet they continued for the most part to sell well. The biggest failure being the original Universe line. I only think that tanked because most of the repaints weren't too good.

Yea, I can agree w/ that; the last few shows haven't exactly been stellar, nor have their timeslots. Animated was #1 in it's timeslot (at least for awhile, I haven't looked at the numbers recently), so that should hopefully be a sign to CN that people enjoy the show. It has been a hit w/ collectors, and I know of a good numer who are buying more toys bc of the show. What kids will do/buy, or their reaction to the toys, I won't speculate on bc I don't know, other than seeing the numbers for the show.

I think kids just gravitate towards whatever looks cool to them. If the figures look good, they usually do well. If they don't look good, they pass.

True enough. Hopefully, though, CN will give animated reruns a better timeslot so it at least has a chance to be seen by kids; I've seen kids gravitate towards the movie toys, even saying how "so-and-so was awesome in the movie, let's get that one". Animated, on the other hand, could use that exposure, and I don't think many kids will get up at 5 am to watch it.

It might've been a mistake to air season 2 right after season 1; maybe if they would've waited until july/august to air it, being new eps maybe it would've been given a better timeslot than it has now. And now it seems we won't see new eps til next year.

But then, maybe the cartoon really doesn't matter that much as far as sales, as the past few series have done fine w/o a successful show. Maybe the lines would be more successful w/ a solid show to back them?

However, I do wish that Classicsverse would get some extra love in the promotion department. If Hasbro goes through with those more mature themed "webisode" series then I think that would be the perfect line to do it with. Let's hope the GI Joe series gets a warm reception and that TF's aren't too far behind!

Universe webisodes could be a very good thing for the line; I'm looking forward to the joe toons, and hopefully they're done well.

Too me you guys are talking past tense

The classics went on clearance eons ago.

TFA right now is steamrolling with collectors and kids plus i'm waiting on a Omega Supreme figure which hopefully will be out next year

I work for Target and things go on clearance mostly because its not carrying forward to the next reset

We are reseting the action figure ailse earlier then the rest of toys because of the Clone Wars merchandise is set to hit on the 26th

So I have learned that the movie line deluxes are going to sold alongside the animated figures .I have no idea at this time if its still going to be there because there is a delay of the classics coming to Target or that we will actually see 3 Transformers lines selling side by side by side.

well in any case, I hope we get to see more of classic 2.0! As a matter of fact I hope TFA DOES do well. reason is Hasbro has made it clear that there desprate to reach & loot that age demographic. Soooo, like the saying goes, "if you can't beat'em".<br /><br />But I'm not say I plan on jumping on the TFA band wagon, just that I hope its exsistance will satisfy the "toy gods" greed. & in the mean time its my hart felt desire for Hasbro to launch a TF animates series modeled after the Classics toy line. Hmm, now that I think about it, that realy would be old school style!<br /><br />G1 toon got its start the same way, being made after a toy line. It would rock if the series aired at night like after the simpsons or family guy & was totaly PG13! In other words, I want Hasbro to fallow suit with the new Batman stuff. One toon for kids & the New Gothem Knights for young adults & up crowed. yeah I now GK was only a series of shorts, but a guy can dream can't he? How's that for fair.

Just don't come crying to me if & when the kid stuff fizziles out after only a short run, while the young adult stuff is going strong season after season, with the plot getting thicker & thicker & each plot twist & season finaly more diabolical than the last. God, thank you for giving me good taste!

Classics did just fine at retail. The only time I heard of any toy from that line doing poorly it was Astrotrain. The evidence for Classics doing well is in Universe 2.0 with figures like Prowl, Sunstreaker, Octane, Powerglide, etc. When things sell badly, companies don't make more of them.

And you know this rule seems to cause the most trouble of anything else I've seen in Trnasfandom. If people weren't clinging on to it, it could be another RIB/FIR. A lot of people read what Hasbro had to say and ran with it in all kinds of wild directions and start pinning it down in black and white terms. "If it's in Animated it will NEVER be in Classics." a lot of people that looked to know what they were talking about, but where just as clueless as the rest of us, took that stance and now everyone is confused by this. Now maybe they could have worded it better, but I got what they were saying when they said that and I've been confused as hell why no one else seems to have.

This rule is in place to avoid market confusion and that's it. And what that means if that they don't want two of the same character with similar alt modes on the pegs at the same time. The reason we are getting Ratchet in classics isn't because they some how changed their minds. It's because that was never the intent of the rule to begin with. I'm sure we are getting Classic Ratchet at time when the animated Ratchets we have now should be off the pegs for the most part, and no new animated Ratchet figures are set for release, so that Classic Ratchet will be the only Ratchet on the market at that time. Prowl is the exception not cause he is in both, but because Animated Prowl and Classics Prowl will be on the pegs at the same time.

well in any case, I hope we get to see more of classic 2.0! As a matter of fact I hope TFA DOES do well. reason is Hasbro has made it clear that there desprate to reach & loot that age demographic. Soooo, like the saying goes, "if you can't beat'em".<br /><br />But I'm not say I plan on jumping on the TFA band wagon, just that I hope its exsistance will satisfy the "toy gods" greed. & in the mean time its my hart felt desire for Hasbro to launch a TF animates series modeled after the Classics toy line. Hmm, now that I think about it, that realy would be old school style!<br /><br />G1 toon got its start the same way, being made after a toy line. It would rock if the series aired at night like after the simpsons or family guy & was totaly PG13! In other words, I want Hasbro to fallow suit with the new Batman stuff. One toon for kids & the New Gothem Knights for young adults & up crowed. yeah I now GK was only a series of shorts, but a guy can dream can't he? How's that for fair.

Just don't come crying to me if & when the kid stuff fizziles out after only a short run, while the young adult stuff is going strong season after season, with the plot getting thicker & thicker & each plot twist & season finaly more diabolical than the last. God, thank you for giving me good taste!

Yes, that horrible toy company, trying to make money..

If they do make a more adult web-based toon, I hope it'll be great. You, however, still fail to realize that toys are for kids. It's highly improbable, if not impossible, that such a show would, or could ever, overtake the main kids' toyline. This has nothing to do w/ taste, it's common sense.

I have one last thing to say to you: IGNORE LIST. I'm tired of reading and responding to your "arguments", trying to see where you're coming from, and I'm sure you've tired of me using logic against your nonsensical ramblings.

And you know this rule seems to cause the most trouble of anything else I've seen in Trnasfandom. If people weren't clinging on to it, it could be another RIB/FIR. A lot of people read what Hasbro had to say and ran with it in all kinds of wild directions and start pinning it down in black and white terms. "If it's in Animated it will NEVER be in Classics." a lot of people that looked to know what they were talking about, but where just as clueless as the rest of us, took that stance and now everyone is confused by this. Now maybe they could have worded it better, but I got what they were saying when they said that and I've been confused as hell why no one else seems to have.

That reminds me that I wanted to mention that Hasbro's Transformers team have said one thing, then done the other many times in the past... sometimes I wonder if they do this on purpose, or if something gets lost when what they say at 'cons and what not is reported online.

Hasbro has been trying to hook the younger kids in for years and the results have been mixed to say the least.

And for years they tried to downplay the collectors importance, but once all of the "I told you so" feedback started coming in they kinda realized that the market might not have been as one sided as they thought.

Over the years they seem to be trying more and more to kiss the collectors collective rear ends as much as they can. Of course, we see this switch to Animated to try and hook the kiddies again. But instead of a bunch of lame repaints we have the Classicsverse line to keep those of us who aren't as much into the Animated style happy.

Hasbro is learning. Still slow sometimes, but they are getting better. Whenever they reveal anything in the way of future plans, we have to assume those could be subject to change at literally any moment.

That reminds me that I wanted to mention that Hasbro's Transformers team have said one thing, then done the other many times in the past... sometimes I wonder if they do this on purpose, or if something gets lost when what they say at 'cons and what not is reported online.

Yep that too.

And what I'm surprised about is that no one has called them on the fact that Cyclonus is going to be a Classic and from what people have said he looks almost exactly like this G1 version which isn't in anyways a "Realstic" jet despite the fact that they said Classics was going to be more realstic which is why Powerglide is white and we dont' get cool guy like the dinobots that havn't made it into the animated line or Cosmos. Course...I guess you could make a case for the fact that Cyc will be part of the 25th Classics and the same rules might not apply.

But instead of a bunch of lame repaints we have the Classicsverse line to keep those of us who aren't as much into the Animated style happy.

Yeah I'm pretty happy right now. I mean there are things that could be better....like somehow them finding a way to give us the rest of the seekers...be it through new molds, or sizing them up to Voyager or something. And I'd like to see more unrealstic guys like Kup and Springer and I'd like to actually have combiners not just Combiner members that don't combine...but on the whole I'm pretty happy at the moment. I've almost got all the 84 guys made..so what's not to be happy about?

Hasbro has been trying to hook the younger kids in for years and the results have been mixed to say the least.

And for years they tried to downplay the collectors importance, but once all of the "I told you so" feedback started coming in they kinda realized that the market might not have been as one sided as they thought.

Over the years they seem to be trying more and more to kiss the collectors collective rear ends as much as they can. Of course, we see this switch to Animated to try and hook the kiddies again. But instead of a bunch of lame repaints we have the Classicsverse line to keep those of us who aren't as much into the Animated style happy.

Hasbro is learning. Still slow sometimes, but they are getting better. Whenever they reveal anything in the way of future plans, we have to assume those could be subject to change at literally any moment.

PREACH ON BROTHER MADMAN, PREACH ON!!!!!!!