Joe Scale Props! First Of Many!

Freedom

These are just the prototypes of many things to come!

joeprops.jpg

table, chair, & computer!

I plan on casting these, as well as other items, in plastic within the month. Once they're casted, I'll apply a sticker to the monitor and keyboard.

Would any of you guys be interested in things like these if it was a quality product at a reasonable price?

While I'm at it, what rooms and equipment would your ULTIMATE Joe or Cobra Headquarters playset contain?

1) Computer Station

2) Briefing Room

3) Infirmary

4) Stockade

5) Motor Pool

6) Arsenal / Storage

7) Rec Room

I plan on making:

1) Interlocking floor panels

2) Walls

3) Small table (above)

4) Chairs (above)

5) Large briefing table

6) Computers (above)

7) Large wall monitors

8) Cell bars w/ door

9) Beds that will stack to form bunk beds (with pillow)

10) Infirmary bed

11) Ladders

12) Gun racks

13) Shelves

14) Crates

15) Foot lockers

16) Soda / snack machine w/ "Joe Cola," "Cobra Cola," & "Grape Soda" stickers

17) Sand bags

I'm going to make a Defense Platform and Heli-Pad as well. I'll make a bunch of stickers available at my Web site (when it's ready) for free, and once some of you guys get measurements for this equipment, you guys can donate your own stickers as well, if you want.

I'm going to try and keep the smaller sets around $10 and the larger sets no more than $20. All these sets will interlock in various configurations to create your own Headquarters.

Everything will be casted in gray, black, or olive drab. If there's a big demand for Cobra, I can be persuaded to use Cobra blue as well.

I'm open to all ideas, and I'll make them if I can.

What would YOU guys like to see?

Im totally into props for my joes! id buy em all. rec room items would be really awsome. briefing room items also would be good! i really like your chairs. beats the wooden folding chair anytime.

TM

How about things that you'd find in a garage? You know... for the VAMP, MOBAT and whatnot. Something that would be ambitious would be a forklift to move your crates. That said, I would also recommend a garage/warehouse.

I like what I see so far. Are you planning on making gigantic computers like the ones from the old cartoons?

I like what I see so far. Are you planning on making gigantic computers like the ones from the old cartoons?

Nah. I'm planning on doing more realistic computers. I never was a fan of the big consoles on the cartoon.

Nah. I'm planning on doing more realistic computers. I never was a fan of the big consoles on the cartoon.

Sweet. Then I can make my control room look like Mission Control!

Thanks for doing this! I make stickers professionally (yup, it's an actual occupation!) if you need any help.

I wouldn't mind seeing some form of obstacle course/training ground/gun range/battlefield. Given your idea for interlocking parts, you could do them in sections for some modular variety in how it all fits together.

I know you mentioned gray as one of your colors, and I'd like to second that, especially for the interior stuff. A pale gray will help keep the figures visible on the shelves (speaking from experience, dark-colored display areas just aren't that attractive).

Looking forward to seeing more!

I wouldn't mind seeing some form of obstacle course/training ground/gun range/battlefield. Given your idea for interlocking parts, you could do them in sections for some modular variety in how it all fits together.

I know you mentioned gray as one of your colors, and I'd like to second that, especially for the interior stuff. A pale gray will help keep the figures visible on the shelves (speaking from experience, dark-colored display areas just aren't that attractive).

Looking forward to seeing more!

Somebody over at HissTank mentioned training room, so I think I'm going to make a 2 to 3 person shooting range, and then a sparing / weight lifting area. An obstacle course isn't a bad idea either.

The smaller sets are going to be 6" x 6". I'm going to try and keep those in the $10 range. The larger sets will be 6" x 12" and those will be around the $20 range. The idea for modular pieces have been around since way back when Hasbro first announced they wouldn't make playsets for Star Wars. This way, people can buy a piece at a time and eventually have a decent size playset. As long as the ideas keep coming, all pieces when put together could get very large. I'm also trying to make things that don't require much if any assembly on my part or yours.

The floors, walls, and majority of pieces will be gray. Other items, like 55gal. drums and sandbags will be olive drab. Very few pieces will be black. I also thing gray is a good neutral color for those who may want to customize and repaint.

That looks awesome and sounds promising. I think it would rock to make a playset of the original PIT. These items would fit the bill perfectly!

How about a podium ? I tried to make one of those myself and it didn't so well, and I'd really love one to put my 1:18th me infront. Okay there is a difference between a pulpit and a podium but i know which one more joe fans would use :)

I want to thank everybody here for their compliments, feedback, and support. When I started this thread, I was just "testing the water" so to speak. Even though nobody has said anything, I don't want the mods here to get the impression that I'm trying to get free advertising. That was not my intent. Although, when I get all my ducks in a row, I will be contacting the mods here and inquiring about ad space for Vexar Designs.

In the meantime, if you want to keep up with the progress of Vexar Designs, you're invited to http://vexar.proboards24.com/. Feel free to register with the forums now so your account will be ready when it's time to order. (I hope that didn't violate any rules. Probably did, didn't it?)

Thanks,

David

I think more of that kind of stuff is needed. I've been looking around and everything online is great if you're into World War II dios and bases. Interlocking floors and background walls that look like the inside of a modern military base would be No. 1 on my list.