Crystal Skeleton figure question

Chaz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
i've run into a snag during my custom castig. I dunno how or where to get translucent plastic or translucent effects for the crystal skeletons

My Crystal Skeleton figure finally arrived yesterday. I was beginning to think it would never show. It is one of the nicest figures I've seen from Hasbro in a long time, with really nice detailing, paint applications and production values. The paper box it arrived in, made to look like a wooden crate, has these big pieces of tape wrapped around one end and no tape on the other end and the box itself looks like it was kicked around like a football for a while. I thought these were supposed to ship with the inner "wooden" box inside a plain white box, but I guess not.

All mine came in the crate box with the plastic tray inside. None of them had tape on the box holding it together. I can't believe they all made it without falling out. All my boxes were pre-distressed before they arrived here, too. But, not of the figures or thrones were messed up. They had sent a post card in May saying it would be June 10 before they shipped the next batch out, but they didn't arrive until Tuesday of this week.

If the sales were low on the Indy line. Why did they under estimate the quantity of the Crystal Skeleton?

Chopz

it seems Hasbro has been a bit lax in getting these out to everyone. I mean sure, we can't help the fact they oversold on them. But the problem we've seen is lack of protection as its tossed around by both hasbro employees and postal workers.

If the sales were low on the Indy line. Why did they under estimate the quantity of the Crystal Skeleton?

Chopz

it seems Hasbro has been a bit lax in getting these out to everyone. I mean sure, we can't help the fact they oversold on them. But the problem we've seen is lack of protection as its tossed around by both hasbro employees and postal workers.

one of many unanswered questions about the demise of this line @grumpy@

I think the answer to that question is two fold:

First, Hasbro thought this was going to be a kids line. I'd say that the ratio for kids sending in mailaways is lower than that of collectors. It turned out that this was a collector's line with probably 4 kids in the whole country buying these figures. Which ultimately is part of the reason the line died. We as kids were used to mailaways, but kids today aren't, so Hasbro probably didn't expect so many to be mailed in.

Second, because the Indy figures hit clearance or sales a lot sooner than Hasbro expected, they probably had more people sending them in. In addition, Hasbro probably assumed since sales were low, less people would want the Skeleton. Finally in addition, the skeletons took the backburner role for Hasbro because once the line was deemed a failure they needed to focus their efforts on getting lines that were selling produced.

• 5 weeks later...