Crystal Skeleton figure question

Chaz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My check cashed about 2 weeks ago (06/26), so it should be shipping very soon, if it hasn't already started, my GI Joe Doc took about a month after the check cleared and I'm expecting the same time for this.

• 2 weeks later...
You know I mailed for it and have yet to see a pic, does anybody have the link to it?

Here ya go.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

Oh wow weird but cool, thanks for the link.

They should start showing up this coming week? I've received my Ark and my Indy w/ Horse adventure heroes so the crystal skeleton figure should be showing up very soon.

• 2 weeks later...
You know I mailed for it and have yet to see a pic, does anybody have the link to it?

Here ya go.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=vie...600&start=0

Oh wow weird but cool, thanks for the link.

They should start showing up this coming week? I've received my Ark and my Indy w/ Horse adventure heroes so the crystal skeleton figure should be showing up very soon.

Anyone received theirs yet? I saw one on ebay. I'm still patiently waiting. If anyone has gotten theirs in please post something.

So, ya wanted pics...you're gonna get pics and a small review.

So, lets start at the beginning. The Box....For a European mailaway, the box is pretty bland. Its just pure white all over, with a military stamp in the bottom right corner. As seen in these two pics.

IJCSboxfull.jpg

I really do think Hasbro UK/Europe could have done alot better on the box. After seeing the proper wooden crate style boxes of the US mailins, I'm disappointed. But lets move on

The figure itself.

Its very nice, it matches the onscreen skeleton very well. The face sculpt has that hollow, menacing look to it and is pretty genuinely creepy. Its made of the same blue hued translucent plastic as the crystal skulls we saw in the Relic with Iriana and the Skull hand with KOCS Indy.

There's some nice articulation too. Head on a ball joint, ball jointed shoulders and elbows. Swivel joint on the waist...yes, you can rotate your Crystal Skeleton's waist a full 360. Although it has joints in the hips and knees, there is none in the wrists or ankles. It seems to have a permanent arms outstretched, palms facing down akin to Zombies or Frankenstein;s Monster.

IJCSfigure.jpg

The Throne

There is not much bad I can say about the centerpiece of this mailin. The throne. Its huge, well detailed and very inscale with the other 3.75" figures. It seems Hasbro has done well with this line with actually watching the movies and getting the sculpts and accessories close to being what they are onscreen. OK, enough praising its massive detail, which is the highlight, time for a major gripe. The Skeleton is too slim for the seat and doesn't sit right in the actual throne. His hands can't sit on tje arms of the throne like in the film, more either rest in his lap or stick out to the sides. The only other minor gripe is the fact the throne has an orange wash over some parts to simulate Rust and wear, but it looks more like someone spilled chinese or curry sauce over the throne. It was a nice idea in the long run.

IJCSThrone.jpg

IJCSThronebase.jpg

Overall, I really do love this figure. It was a great mail away and works well with the Crystal Skull figure collection. Aside from the minor gripes, because we all know Hasbro has never been perfect, I believe its a solid figure ad well worth the wait. I give it an 8.5 out of 10