Sign in to follow this  
DikTator32

Serious issue regarding the figures

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to say that I am completely new to these forums but have been reading over a lot of the topics for quite some time. There seems to be a real overstock issue at all my retail stores out here in the greater Phoenix area. Is anyone else having the same issue? I have been going into one Wal-Mart in particular near where I live which usually has a great selection of stuff. Their Indiana Jones section, however is in an over-abundance, literally. It sucks! There are a bazillion of the first 2 initial waves that came out just sitting there on the pegs not moving. This really worries me mainly because I know that the new " Last Crusade " wave has been hitting stores in other areas of the country. I am affraid that I may never see this wonderful new wave of Indiana Jones figures. Really want a Henry Jones. He's already selling for $23.00 on Amazon.com. Rotten scalpers. What are your thoughts? :(

I don't want to sound flippant, but it sounds like bad luck of the draw. I live in the Austin area and I'm seeing the same thing. My take on what happened is that Wal-Mart ordered "x" amount of product initially and, because Indy 4 had just come out, the figures sold really well. So naturally, Wal-Mart ordered a LOT of replenishment product. And, of course, by the time it arrived, it was just about the same time that the Last Crusade wave was slated to hit the stores AND now that the movie is about 6 weeks old, the sales of the figures have slowed down considerably as far as the kiddies are concerned. I would say that, for the forseeable future, that Wal-mart may not be the place to go to find the new waves. I'd look for Targets that have low stock, Toys R Us's, and any other vendor that might carry them on a lower quantity scale. Maybe there's a KB Toys still in existence near you, maybe a grocery store (we have HEB here). It might just be time to get unconventional.

Everyone be calm by the time christmas comes around they will all be out.Also the figures are aim at little kids they dont know the other charcters inless they watch the other movies.