DCUC vs. Marvel Legends

pooda

my mood shifts to when who puts out the next wave first. the last wave i bought was a dcuc wave, so im in dc mode right now. once i get my fin fang foom ML wave, then i'll be on the forums looking at all the marvel threads again, then back and fourth.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like both but they are killing me with the delays last year i waited for marvel legends brood queen series for months with all the delays i just wanted to get cyclops great figure by the way, but what the hell is with his hands is it 1 for him and 1 for emma. I love the figure but whats with the goofy hands, and the delays like the delay for wave 4 that is now a walmart wave its super weak. dcuc great figures great sculpting and they come with weapons unlike the legends gl with a lantern if he were a legend he wouldn't have had anything. but again mattel isn't releasing their toys on time toyfare had wave 3 set for may but now they MAY come out at the end of july maybe or more likely august sept. funny thing is i wanted marvel legend cyclops that was delayed and now i want dcuc nightwing and its been delayed as well god my luck sucks.

p.s.

my favorites carry a curse something bad happens to all of them at some point.

i like both but they are killing me with the delays last year i waited for marvel legends brood queen series for months with all the delays i just wanted to get cyclops great figure by the way, but what the hell is with his hands is it 1 for him and 1 for emma. I love the figure but whats with the goofy hands, and the delays like the delay for wave 4 that is now a walmart wave its super weak. dcuc great figures great sculpting and they come with weapons unlike the legends gl with a lantern if he were a legend he wouldn't have had anything. but again mattel isn't releasing their toys on time toyfare had wave 3 set for may but now they MAY come out at the end of july maybe or more likely august sept. funny thing is i wanted marvel legend cyclops that was delayed and now i want dcuc nightwing and its been delayed as well god my luck sucks.

p.s.

my favorites carry a curse something bad happens to all of them at some point.

dont feel bad cuz. i hate what theyre doing with these hold ups and recalls as well

what do we get?!...nothing! im mean were rich....but..i could be laid up with pepper, sue, and wanda., but noooo, im flying around trying to "help my country"! so what i drink?!....they act as if im freakin HANC0CK!

Picture300.jpg

arrrrah!!!....*bats* dont upset yourself....pepper wasnt that good anyway.

Picture401.jpg

oh...so thats how you wanna*HICUP* play it!! huh bruce?!!...huh?...you gonna do this to*HICUP* me?!...im TONY freakin STARK!...ILL KICK YOUR PUNK A**!...I WILL,..i will,...

Picture402.jpg

*BLAM!!!*

Picture403.jpg

Lol. Funny pics Pooda. Like the last one the best. Are those your pics?

yes they are. i need a better cam though....i got pics everywhere on this board.

Picture288.jpg

how easy was it to pop off lex's head and put it on clarks body? ive wanted to do it forever but im afraid to ruin the fig. i suck hard at customs.

wasnt hard at all. i just pulled them off slowly.

I like both lines for different reasons. I'm not as picky as most people, as long as the figure is pretty comic accurate I feel as though it's a win. I think figures as a whole have come a long way. The figures that came out in the 80's and early 90's weren't that good to me. Short, stocky, plastic looking, and less articulation. :)

I like your pics pooda.

Picture288.jpg

how easy was it to pop off lex's head and put it on clarks body? ive wanted to do it forever but im afraid to ruin the fig. i suck hard at customs.

The easiest way to get heads or limbs off a figure that i've been using i boil the figure at least the part i intend on removing.

Picture288.jpg

The easiest way to get heads or limbs off a figure that i've been using i boil the figure at least the part i intend on removing.

true. but in most cases with these figs, you dont need to.

Picture288.jpg

I don't even boil them. I just turn the hot water on and let it run till it's, well, hot. Then I either let the sink fill and drop in the figure or just hold the figure under the water. We have really hot water, though (scalding, actually).

• 4 weeks later...

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture422.jpg

*lobo* tell them marvel pansies were coming for 'em!

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture423.jpg

*wolvy* hey!..bub!...you seem lost. *lobo* heeeey.....i thought i killed all you elves?? *wolvy* you DC boys been causin alot a trouble here....you better pack it up! *lobo* is that riiight?

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture427.jpg

*lobo* how bout......you....PACK IT UP!!!

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture428.jpg

*lobo* HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture429.jpg

*lobo* ahhh....what? you mad? whatcha gonna do bout it?

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture430.jpg

*wolvy* RAAAAGH!!!

*lobo* whaaah!

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture431.jpg

*lobo* AAAAAARGH!!!!

img-resized.png Reduced: 70% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full imagePicture432.jpg

Personally I think the good stuff of Toy Biz was much better than DCUC. I think the best stuff of Hasbro is equivilent of DCUC. I like DCUC and I plan to get the few characters that I want, the main JLU and bad guys, unless they make the rare BAF that I want like the upcoming Grundy, in which case I'll get the whole wave.

Hasbro has improved with the new Hulk wave, but some of the figures are still lacking in range of motion. I'm looking at Doc Samson right now and his hip joint is limited. There's no forward motion so he can't sit in a chair well or kick forward. The joints on the upcoming figures look better, so we'll see if Hasbro can take the lead from DCUC.

I love the look of DCU, I don't own any yet but some of the figs are on a short list of what to get next. I loved ML from Toy Biz, there was some I hated like Black Widow looked terrible. She looked so bad but all and all they did a fantastic job. And I think DCU has that same spirit but they seem to produce like bigger and bolder look to their figures than ML. I have not bought any of Hasbro's b/c well they suck. They don't look as good and some of there line is weird. They put some of the classic figures in there but then its like Bucky and Black Knight...b/c we know all the fans of Black Knight out there.

I love the look of DCU, I don't own any yet but some of the figs are on a short list of what to get next. I loved ML from Toy Biz, there was some I hated like Black Widow looked terrible. She looked so bad but all and all they did a fantastic job. And I think DCU has that same spirit but they seem to produce like bigger and bolder look to their figures than ML. I have not bought any of Hasbro's b/c well they suck. They don't look as good and some of there line is weird. They put some of the classic figures in there but then its like Bucky and Black Knight...b/c we know all the fans of Black Knight out there.

im a fan of the DARK KNIGHT...to hell with the other knights.