Found New Vehicles

CLAM

Went to Walmart tonight and found two cases on the pallet. My brother found the dame at a different walmart. And then I found them again at a third walmart.

seems to be two cases everytime.

I had to look through the 4 cases because they get smashed easily. Almost all the vehicles I found were damaged.

so, if you want these, happy hunting.

oh, and they are 14.67, about a buck and a half cheaper than 2 Joes at Target now @lol@

Went to Walmart tonight and found two cases on the pallet. My brother found the dame at a different walmart. And then I found them again at a third walmart.

I had to look through the 4 cases because they get smashed easily. Almost all the vehicles I found were damaged.

oh, and they are 14.67, about a buck and a half cheaper than 2 Joes at Target now @lol@

wal-mart just throws the boxes in the truck, they don't hit the pallet till they come out of the truck, when i used to work for them, i cant tell you how many times we pull broken things out of the rip boxes, its sad, and man in the summer time its hot as ever in there,

@loll@

So damn stupid..it's funny...ain't it?

cool i got them a t kmart about week and half ago for like $ 2.50 more each

Were the vehicles jammed into the toy aisle or was there a specific spot for they?

Were the vehicles jammed into the toy aisle or was there a specific spot for they?

niether. they were on the pallets. as in, we found them before they were actually stocked, still in their shipping cases

I found them at my Wally about two days ago. Two cases, for two of each vehicle on the shelves, just like Clam said. Snapped up one of each and an extra HISS for one of my buddies.

Some general thoughts:

-The drivers all have stands. In many cases, they have accessories as well. Most of the time this means helmets and knives/pistols to go in all the various sheaths/holsters. It's not much, but personally, I didn't expect that, and it was a welcome surprise. Of particular note is Breaker. His second pistol can be found in one of the RAM's saddlebags, and his stand now gives his name as "Breaker" rather than "Cpl Breaker".

-Some of the vehicles have nice touches. The removable shovel on the VAMP took me by surprise, even though it's pretty nigh useless. On the other hand, it's notable that these are NOT updated original molds in all cases. The HISS is from 2004, and the VAMP is from 2001. All of the vehicles have at least a few changes to them, so none of them are the 'original' molds anyway. This does mean some things were likely changed just due to not having the mold on hand- going back to the VAMP again, it doesn't have the 'firing' feature of the original. However, a much-improved gun sculpt makes up for that, in my opinion.

-The 25th Anni figures fit very well, as they should. Of course, I'd wager there's a good reason most of these vehicles have that huge open 'legroom' (VAMP), or need none in order to work. Serpentor seems to have the most trouble- he has to crouch down so far on the Air Chariot that he may as well have a chair installed.

-The figures themselves have no appreciable difference from the regular versions that I can tell, save for less accessories. In many cases, I think this hurts them quite a bit. I found myself very pleased with Clutch (no more of this 'Double Clutch' nonsense), and the others I was kind of 'meh' on. Steeler is fine, there's just nothing really to him. Breaker's lack of headgear really just drives home how awful that huge noggin of his is. The HISS Commander is the winner of the Cobra forces, especially for simply being 'Rip-It' version of the well-done HISS Driver. Seprentor looks even worse without his cape. The Tele-Viper makes me not want the regular version. I've never found a Viper, so now I see what all the fuss is about... and his head is an ugly sculpt that rivals Breaker's in sheer size. Not that the original TV was a pinhead, but this is a massive, ugly, massively ugly head on an already-terrible body. Better get used to it though, because I'm sure we'll see it 4-5 more times.

-Vehicle file cards! A neat idea that is FAR overdue.

-Sticker sheets! I know, it's actually a little silly to get excited about them, but to me it really hits that retro/childhood memory chord to open up a Joe vehicle and see that I'll have to apply some decals. Some probably call it lazy, but if this is Hasbro being lazy, I say they can keep right on doing it.

Overall I find myself very pleased. I didn't buy the sets for the figures, so I wasn't really disappointed by them. The vehicles are well-done, and that's what I'm buying. Lots of neat touches and appreciated features make it $60 well spent in my book. I probably would have spent just as much or more to get the six classic vehicles in this condition, so if this is what I can expect from the line as far as vehicles are concerned, I say bring 'em all on.

Great review 8 Ball! I'd love to get a VAMP. But tell me; does Clutch come with a helmet? Seems like I saw him in a recent pic and he didn't have one, and I immediatley started thinking about which of my extra figures could give up a helmet for him.

where did you find them ds?

Great review 8 Ball! I'd love to get a VAMP. But tell me; does Clutch come with a helmet? Seems like I saw him in a recent pic and he didn't have one, and I immediatley started thinking about which of my extra figures could give up a helmet for him.

As Joe said, he has a helmet, and a pistol and knife as well.

The head is a little oversized, but I don't think it's ridiculously so (not at ALL like Breaker). The 'vest' that Clutch has on his torso helps the size work out- I honestly didn't notice until I read Joe's post and checked him out again for myself. I think it keeps him from looking like he's wearing a parka, so it works out fine.

And hey, it's Clutch. You can excuse the 'big head' with a joke about his ego. :)

Thanks for the review 8 Ball!

I'm still on the fence about the Serpentor pack. The Armadillo is a silly looking tank (kinda reminds me of a GI Joe bumper car) with a so-so Steeler. I don't hate it. I don't really like that version of Serpentor (I passed on the single pack). Seems like $15 I could put in my gas tank. Would you have bought it again now that you've seen it out of package?

I only wanted the Trouble Bubble, but now that Breaker will have just "Breaker" on his stand, I have a little extra bonus. The VAMP and HISS were going to be bought anyway. No biggie.

The price IS amazing!!! I've been buying comic packs for customs because they are still $8.99 around here (even though single packs are $7.99 at Target & TrU, $6.86 at Wallyworld and $5.99 at K-Mart). And the kids love them so it saves me on cash. I'm starting to buy into the theory that the price of oil has nothing to do with the current prices!

I'm still on the fence about the Serpentor pack. The Armadillo is a silly looking tank (kinda reminds me of a GI Joe bumper car) with a so-so Steeler. I don't hate it. I don't really like that version of Serpentor (I passed on the single pack). Seems like $15 I could put in my gas tank. Would you have bought it again now that you've seen it out of package?

I never had the original Armadillo. I see what you're saying in your comparison to a bumper car, but I like the concept of a 'minitank', no matter how illogical, and it's far from the most ridiculous vehicle in the history of Joe. I'll fully and honestly say that half the reason I wanted the set was to get a vehicle I never had as a kid, and I do actually find it appealing.

But... that being said, if you don't like the Armadillo and you can't even bring yourself to buy the regular Serpentor, that's half the pack right there that you won't like. The Air Chariot is certainly not worth $15, and Steeler isn't anything you couldn't make yourself out of some spare parts.

yeah, the Serpentor pack sucks big time. I dont like either of the figures, I have an air chariot, and I have a few armadillos too

yeah, the Serpentor pack sucks big time. I dont like either of the figures, I have an air chariot, and I have a few armadillos too

I don't have either vehicles... maybe I'll wait and see if it goes on clearance. Then again, at $15 and with four godsons it's something that I can give them and not really care how bad they bash them up. MMMM... boy! That's some good parenting. er... godparenting.

I don't have either vehicles... maybe I'll wait and see if it goes on clearance. Then again, at $15 and with four godsons it's something that I can give them and not really care how bad they bash them up. MMMM... boy! That's some good parenting. er... godparenting.

oh... I think if anybody orders a decent amount of these vehicles, they will definitely go on clearance. Target is pretty quick to put extra toys on clearance, especially boxed items. i always see Starwars vehicles get clearanced out. And depending on the location, Walmart stores do some quick clearances too from time to time.

Found them last night/early this morning at two of my local Wal-Marts.

Looked like the Joes had already engaged in battle with the Cobras, because of the H.I.S.S.es was blown up inside its box. The threads were seperated from the chasis, which, was on its side with it's bottom facing the front of the box. YO JOE!

Found them last night/early this morning at two of my local Wal-Marts.

Looked like the Joes had already engaged in battle with the Cobras, because of the H.I.S.S.es was blown up inside its box. The threads were seperated from the chasis, which, was on its side with it's bottom facing the front of the box. YO JOE!

Oh come on, didnt we all learn from Toy Story that these little plastic guys come alive when we aren`t around and battle each other?

On a serious note though, does anyone know approximately when these are shipping to comic distributers or to Canadian retailers?