It's Official

revsears

I don't want to get flamed too bad for this.........but does anyone want to see someone other than Hama? I mean DD did an okay job.......I enjoyed it for the most part.....except the artwork (downright awful sometimes). I kinda want some new blood.

I don't want to get flamed too bad for this.........but does anyone want to see someone other than Hama? I mean DD did an okay job.......I enjoyed it for the most part.....except the artwork (downright awful sometimes). I kinda want some new blood.

God yes! I loved all of the Brandon Jerwa stuff.

-Kevin

B ) only gi joe Comics you like are the original marvel run!

C)only gi joe cartoon you like is sunbow version.

I believe that should read:

B ) only gi joe Comics you like are the original marvel run! (only the ones written by Larry Hama. The other ones don't even count!)

C) only gi joe cartoon you like is sunbow version. (except for the movie because real Joe fans think Cobra La sucks!)

Honestly, this is the worst news I've heard in a long time. I don't want a reboot. The story was told just fine the first time. Hell, it was retold fine a second time in Snake Eyes Declassified, etc. What would have been the big deal in picking up at some point after the DD run? Put a few years distance so that you don't have to deal with where they left it (sure, some characters are dead, but there are like 300 others to use). Or Hama could have told out of continuity stories like the comic packs. I'd buy any of that.....but not a reboot. No thank you.

Yes, I'd like to see someone else also writing this. Hama is the one most closely associated with this, but that does not mean all those stories of his were great. There's other writers and other POVs on the material out there, and that could make for some fresh and interesting stories.

I'd love to see some stories done by someone that has actually researched some SpecWar material and can write some pathos on it.

I think I'll buy a couple to see if I like it. If the stories are great reads and has good artwork, I may be swayed. A complete reboot seems to be excessive... but if they have a quality product then I wouldn't mind.

The major con is that for anyone that has been following the story for the last 25 years is being left out. Yeah, they're making the comic book available to a new crowd, but how many kids that are buying the toys (and yes, I still see a lot of them buying the toys) are also going to buy the comic book? If they put the comic online, then I can see the draw.

The pro is that for those that have been following the story for the last 25 years and DOESN'T like Lady Jaye and Chuckles dead and Hawk in a wheel chair will probably get to see these characters back in action. Well... maybe not Chuckles, but the advantage of hindsight is that now IDW can correct some of the more disappointing story twists.

But I'll wait and see.

For some of you that are wondering about what a true G.I Joe is. i've outlined it here, if you do not agree with everything on the list you ARE NOT A true G.I Joe fan.

A True G.I Joe fan.

A) likes/collects ARAH gijoe figures 1982-1987 figures AND VEHICLES ONLY!

B ) only gi joe Comics you like are the original marvel run!

C)only gi joe cartoon you like is sunbow version.

D) you LOVE the 25th anniversary figures!!!

E) while thinking of larry hama,you "touch" yourself! (or any asian that you think looks like him)

F) while your thinking of larry hama and touching yourself, you wonder if he is out there somwhere thinking of you and touching himself? (No he's too busy writing the new comic)

G) you have a unibrow,a bald spot and your message board handle is Toiletmonkey1. (Or you have an awesome board handle and you are THE MASTER AND RULER OF ALL THE FANBOY PANSYS!!!! multiple exclamation marks for greatness)

I hope this list clears up all the confusion over what it means to be a REAL G.I JOE FAN, thank you for your time.

TM

Fixed for truthyness.

I'm with you, not overly psyched for Hama. Don't get me wrong, there's a nice nostalgia quality to having him on the book that my inner-child is wetting himself over, but I just have a "meh" feeling overall.

I was a big fan of Joe Casey before his run on America's Elite, during his run, and still am. I know that's not shared by everyone here, but I've always enjoyed his work. I wouldn't mind seeing an alternating team every few story arcs, similar to Astonishing X-Men and All Star Superman.

I just want Hama to write a new Bucky 'O Hare, dag nabbit! Throw the sci-fi geeks a bone and follow Marvel and DC's lead with their intergalactic themed heroes, seems like they're making a comeback.

This really doesn't surprise me at all since this is exactly what they did with Transformers when they got it. They completely rebooted the TF universe and since they knew fans would object to that they hire the one person who the fans will not complain about (with TF it was Simon Furman, with Joe fans it's Hama). I personally would rather Hama be the line editor rather than writer. Having him oversee Joe makes sense. I would compare his new Joe work to that of Chris Claremont and his return to the X-men comics after having been gone a while. Fans always held the X-men books up to Claremonts classic run but when he returned they complained that the new stuff was troo much like the old stuff. Now here Hama doesn't have to worry about the characters having changed but as some people have pointed out all were gonna get is a lot of what we've already seen.

I really hate that this turned into a real vs. fake discussion. Just be fans, geeze, I don't make fun of the people who like cobra-la and boy do i ever think that was silly. Joe is one of those properties with so many different ways to view it. What's more important? toons? which one? comics, which one? a mix? what parts? or what about file cards? That's why we are so hard to please.

Thanks JayC for sharing.

The worst news out of those questions is that Heavy duty IS Roadblock. I don't buy the tradmark excuse, roadblock is on the shelves and stared in the last comic.

I really hate that this turned into a real vs. fake discussion. Just be fans, geeze, I don't make fun of the people who like cobra-la and boy do i ever think that was silly. Joe is one of those properties with so many different ways to view it. What's more important? toons? which one? comics, which one? a mix? what parts? or what about file cards? That's why we are so hard to please.

Thanks JayC for sharing.

The worst news out of those questions is that Heavy duty IS Roadblock. I don't buy the tradmark excuse, roadblock is on the shelves and stared in the last comic.

I don't understand it either. I think that they've changed it because Heavy Duty sounds more macho or something. Honestly, he sounds like some out of work rapper to me (no offense to anyone who likes rap).

To my knowledge there is no copyright problem on Roadblock, otherwise they'd have stuck some qualifyer in front of his name when they released his 25 ann. figure as they did for Hawk and Ace. It's just Hasbro being stupid.

@can@