TARGET IS UP TO 7.99 ON JOES

xhairs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand people not liking these high prices, but I'm not buying into the idea that it's gonna stop anyone from collecting. You may not buy as much, but why make start jumping into the "I'm done collecting" dog-pile?

im pretty seerious Joe.

I have been buying this line since the start. Have been buying at least two of every figure. But now, at 8 bucks, they just aren't worth it.

Ditto!

But for 8 dollars, they aren't worth it. These figures are too cheaply done. Hasbro has been cutting all the corners man, we all know it, but for -6 bucks, that's okay.

Ditto! Ditto!

For 8 dollars, these things should be damn perfect. No more repaints. No more pin heads. No more incorrect accessories. No more poor articulation.

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

For 8 dollars these should be better than RAH, and they aint. I can go buy RAH figures for 8 bucks most of the time.

Ditto x4!!

eight dollars is really too much. there is no excuse.

aaaaaaaand DITTO!!!

If I can't enjoy the hobby as I always HAVE, by indulging myself in it as I've always WANTED (and pushing the envelop on my spending too much as it is) I just can't see myself "cutting back" or just buying one or two, just to stay in the race. I've stayed away from the top dollar stuff of the Master Collector variety, and that stuff is MORE to my liking of what G.I.Joe figures are all about, so dropping this 25th stuff won't be all that big a deal to me. $7.99 is just ridiculous! @grumpy@

Does anyone live near a "STOP & SHOP?" They sell Joes in their toy isle for $5.99 and find all the figures I need

on a regular basis... Now that my local TRU is gone it's my NEW "One-Stop-Joe-Shop!

None around here that i know of, but from the sounds of it, i wish there was.

well i just emailed hasbro about this and i think we all should.

Well, I mean, why email them? You can just ask a Hasbro rep when you see them at the con this weekend. I'm sure they're all more than ready to explain...........

Oh, wait, the con JUST ended? Hmmmmmmmmm............... @hmmm@

How much control (or influence) does Hasbro even have, over what price tag each individual retail chain wants to put on these? Are they going to contact the big wigs at Target and tell them "HEY....stop doing that!"

I agree that a price hike on anything is bad, and that you would be upset about it. But I'm honestly supprised by the vehimence and bitterness expressed in these posts. You're going to stop collecting because of it? Ok, thats you're preogative, but I feel thats a huge over reaction.

Lets look at some statistics (assuming the price hike was used for the ENTIRE LINE of 25th):

At the old Price:

58 singles ($6) - $348

15 comic packs ($12) - $180

7 five packs ($ 30) - $210

5 dvd packs ($30) - $150

9 small vehicles ($20) - $180

2 large vehicles ($30) - $60

TOTAL - $1128

At the Price Hike

*as each single is up $2 I will assume $3 for comic packs and $5 for others*

58 singles ($8) - $464

15 comic packs ($15) - $225

7 five packs ($ 35) - $245

5 dvd packs ($35) - $175

9 small vehicles ($25) - $225

2 large vehicles ($35) - $70

TOTAL - $1404

Difference: $276

Now, lets considerthat the average income of a single american is $32,000. If you're collecting toys in the first place, I think it would be safe to say that you earn far more than that. That said, the price hike, if calculated over the ENTIRE LINE, rather than the future figures amounts to 0.86% of the average American's income.

That said, this difference is unlikely to become the tipping point between solvency and bankrupcy. However, if you're worried it might be, then I can see stopping. However, I believe this is a vast over reaction.

Should you complain to Hasbro and Target about it - Definately! It is unfair to the consumer! Should it prevent you from enjoying the line that you love - definately not!

I also am supprised that this particular hike was so long in comming. Canadians have been paying $8 for these figures since the line started, despite poorer distribution, lack of proper card art, and other isues (although thats a rant for another thread). The two currencies have been on par since before the line was released, so its only fair that the two countries should be paying the same price.

I agree that a price hike on anything is bad, and that you would be upset about it. But I'm honestly supprised by the vehimence and bitterness expressed in these posts. You're going to stop collecting because of it? Ok, thats you're preogative, but I feel thats a huge over reaction.

Lets look at some statistics (assuming the price hike was used for the ENTIRE LINE of 25th):

At the old Price:

58 singles ($6) - $348

5 dvd packs ($30) - $150

TOTAL - $1128

At the Price Hike

58 singles ($8) - $464

5 dvd packs ($35) - $175

TOTAL - $1404

Now, lets considerthat the average income of a single american is $32,000. If you're collecting toys in the first place, I think it would be safe to say that you earn far more than that. That said, the price hike, if calculated over the ENTIRE LINE, rather than the future figures amounts to 0.86% of the average American's income.

That said, this difference is unlikely to become the tipping point between solvency and bankrupcy. However, if you're worried it might be, then I can see stopping. However, I believe this is a vast over reaction.

Should you complain to Hasbro and Target about it - Definately! It is unfair to the consumer! Should it prevent you from enjoying the line that you love - definately not!

I also am supprised that this particular hike was so long in comming. Canadians have been paying $8 for these figures since the line started, despite poorer distribution, lack of proper card art, and other isues (although thats a rant for another thread). The two currencies have been on par since before the line was released, so its only fair that the two countries should be paying the same price.

you used canadian prices @lol@

US prices would have been (OLD prices)

58 singles ($6) - $348

15 comic packs ($10) - $150

7 five packs ($ 25) - $175

5 dvd packs ($20) - $120

9 small vehicles ($15) - $135 (although it was actually 10 for the first 3 Target vehicles)

2 large vehicles ??

At the old Price:

58 singles ($6) - $348

5 dvd packs ($30) - $150

TOTAL - $1128

At the Price Hike

58 singles ($8) - $464

5 dvd packs ($35) - $175

TOTAL - $1404

you used canadian prices @lol@

US prices would have been (OLD prices)

58 singles ($6) - $348

15 comic packs ($10) - $150

7 five packs ($ 25) - $175

5 dvd packs ($20) - $120

9 small vehicles ($15) - $135 (although it was actually 10 for the first 3 Target vehicles)

2 large vehicles ??

Sorry, unconcious assumption. Still, the price difference and general points still stand. It really isn't that large of a problem.

You have got to be kidding me. G.I.Joe figs almost the same price as Transformers deluxes? Thats not right. Its going to be a tiny lil bit harder for to me to decide now on figs cause of prices.

Sounds like corruption or manipulation going on some where. I don't understand why Hasbro doesn't want to produce more of these things. It seems like they've been taking notes from Nintendo and how well their Wii's sell because stores "never have them in stock." They get the demand up so high that as soon as they hit the shelves they evaporate.

As for the Target coupon that sounds like a load of BS as well. The coupon worked for $5 off the entire toy department. If it wasn't meant to work for the entire toy department then why was it in their system letting the barcode on the "altered" coupon save customers $5? I think Target learned a lesson on how to distribute coupons.

And lets not forget that every penny Target and Walmart saves the customers is taken out of the pocket of the lowest level employees who slave away for them and get horrible rates of pay and benefits.

What You're failing to "calculate" here, is that pretty much EVERYTHING is going up in price and our income is remaining the same. Combine all THOSE statistics together, and one begins to realize certain things will have to go, and I'd guess (for most of us) that would mean NON necessities (like toys for ourselves). It's costing MORE to drive around looking for these things, and now if we do find them, they cost even more to purchase. It will also cost more to order online (avoiding our OWN gas expenditures) because shipping prices are creeping up higher & higher.

With ALL "costs" taken into consideration, I'm sure each of us are teetering on that edge a bit too much already, that edge that decides whetehr or not we can afford to maintain our hobby or not, when other responsibilities, like food and utility costs are rising along with everything else, to compound our personal financial problems. Like i said, I'm pushing it a bit as is, without price hikes like THIS, so i doubt it's much of an "over-reaction" to think I may have to bow out or win the lottery.

Well, I just noticed Target raised the prices on the Forces of Valor fig's from $4.99 to $5.19, so I don't think all the blame is on Hasbro for the recent price hikes.

WAY back when the Sigma Six Soldier assortment first started shipping, Target had them priced at $12.99, $3 above MSRP and Walmart's $9.99-ish price. Guess what? When the holiday season started in October, prices went straight back down.

That's likely a similar situation, Target bumped the price on their toys during the "slow season" (which it generally is from February until September), and once the school season starts up and the various holidays, you'll see prices on products slide back down.

It is certainly not worth the the amount of bitching I've seen across the various boards.

Does anyone live near a "STOP & SHOP?" They sell Joes in their toy isle for $5.99 and find all the figures I need

on a regular basis... Now that my local TRU is gone it's my NEW "One-Stop-Joe-Shop!

I live in Bristol, and it is the same for me, as long as they keep up with the waves, which, given their history with toys, is not very likely. However, this might be a new beginning for them, and I'll keep my fingers crossed. And you can't beat the 5.99 price tag either, so I'll give them that! They also started carrying DCUC at the same time, so it's like a double-whammy for me!

I agree. The price of EVERYTHING is going up, and is likely to go up even more- especially in the US. The flooding in the Midwest has ruined hundreds of acres of crops, and record-high food prices are already being predicted.

Complaining about the price of your luxury items increasing is, IMO, silly in light of the necessities that are going up even higher.

Now, lets considerthat the average income of a single american is $32,000. If you're collecting toys in the first place, I think it would be safe to say that you earn far more than that.

You'd be wrong on that. Toy collecting is not (and should not be) a hobby restricted to upper-middle class. I know plenty of toy collectors who fall short of that number, including myself. If you pay your bills and have food on your table, what your income is and how much of it you choose to spend on your hobbies is beside the point. As long as the priorities are taken care of, have at it, you know?

Agreed. Just because it's the 25th anniversary line doesn't mean that Hasbro and the stores should be beholden to 'retro' pricing. Toy prices have gone up in the last few years, and will continue to, along with everything else. I'll agree that $8 does seem steep, but that applies to a single chain of stores. If you don't like it, shop somewhere else.

Hey Farfeilder take this from a former Norwalker :P

Stop and Shop is only in the New England area

I would love to see it in the Tampa area though I miss that store

Hey Fairfeilder take this from a former Norwalker :P

Stop and Shop is only in the New England area

I would love to see it in the Tampa area though I miss that store

I'm glad there's so many people around to let us all know what's "worth" bitching about or not.

I'm glad there's so many people around to let us all know what's "worth" bitching about or not.

Tell me bout it. Theres always some thing to #$#@# bout. I guess toy prices is on of em. No really it is. I don't even have to pay for em most of the time anyway cause at my age I still live with my parents and my mom works at Target, so. :D But that also means I can't get figs as much as I could if I had a car. Thats another thing for ME to complain about. But still, G.I.Joes should not be more than 7 bucks. Their those kind of figures you just pick up and you got em and easy to collect. But I remember seeing them being over $10.00 before at a Target so that had to be a mistake. Eh.

Tell me bout it. Theres always some thing to #$#@# bout. I guess toy prices is on of em. No really it is. I don't even have to pay for em most of the time anyway cause at my age I still live with my parents and my mom works at Target, so. :D But that also means I can't get figs as much as I could if I had a car. Thats another thing for ME to complain about. But still, G.I.Joes should not be more than 7 bucks. Their those kind of figures you just pick up and you got em and easy to collect. But I remember seeing them being over $10.00 before at a Target so that had to be a mistake. Eh.

Hey, could be worse... You could have a car, be my age, and still live at home with the parents! (Which, incase you're wondering, only sucks when it comes to bringing girls home)

-Kevin