TARGET IS UP TO 7.99 ON JOES

xhairs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up 2 new Joes yesterday at Walmart

My Target takes forever to restock them

No different than up here, native. Target has been awful about keeping step, while Wally is better in some areas than others, but still lagging. TrU is best, but it's like they get a case or two and that's it. After that, you have to wait for Wally to catch up, and then it's overkill. By the time Target gets in the game, it's too late, then the whole cycle starts over again.

Sorry, unconcious assumption. Still, the price difference and general points still stand. It really isn't that large of a problem.

You sound like the people the news would interview on TV at the gas pumps a few years ago when gas was beginning to rise who would say, "Oh, it's only a few cents, so it doesn't really bother me," ignoring the fact it had no reason to jump at all, let alone jump drastically like it did. And now, of course, it's continued "not bothering" those people right up to the tune of $4.00/gallon.

Injustice in any form should be fought tooth and nail; otherwise you'll get taken to the cleaners by everyone that sees an opportunity.

i just got a new comic pack today at my target and they were still 9 bucks but the singles were up to 7.99 very strange. 2 figures and a comic 9.99 1 figure 7.99 complaning about they crazy price of everything priceless

Piss poor distribution, elusive exclusives, scalping, hoarding and ridiculous prices!

yeah...it kinda SUCKS the fun right out it.

I agree with you Wheeljack,

Most of the latest single pack Joe figures I have seen where at Walmart.Target is horrible when it comes to GI Joe.Although some Walmart take an eternity to restock.

I know!!! You think Target would restock stuff faster than places like K-Mart etc. but they keep old stuff for weeks and never get what is said to come out. Well I live up high in the states so that could be a reason having it take longer for them to order and have the trucks come with new stuff to stock in.

Yeah I saw that too and they got me cause I had to pick up a Ninja Ku but this is a turn off big time for me and when it comes to choosing which to go to Wal-Mart just got the victory here! I didn't mind paying alittle bit more but another dollar even Kay-Bee doesn't charge that much and they are the worst at pricing for those of us who still have them. I've accepted the price hike to 7 dollars for a GI Joe but this is getting out of hand and needs to stop.

What is the email to Hasbro so I can send them a complaint about Target.

Tonight I stopped at KMart just to see if they had any of the vehicles. No luck on those. However I did score a TF Flint for $4.71 after tax. It wasn't in their system yet so the cashier made a mistake.

Then I stopped by Meijer to check if they had any new figures.

They hiked their price to $6.99. :angry: Well one less store to hunt at. They had Buzzer & Serpentor warming the pegs.

Target was next. Yes plastered all over the cash aisles is that Target-wide message that they aren't accepting the coupons anymore. Yet they couldn't have taught every store to only accept for toys. :rolleyes: $7.99 for singles. They had Cobra Commander 1st helmet version & Lady Jaye warming the pegs.

Well after that I just had to go back to KMart. This time I picked up Python Patrol Officer, blue Baroness, Arctic Snake Eyes, & Major Bludd. Again one didn't ring up but Major Bludd did @ $5.99. So then I used my Burger King Hulk coupon($5 off $20). Even better deal than Target's $5 off $25! :P

Stopped at Walmart too. Only thing new was a Torpedo & lazy-eyed Rock N Roll who were warming the pegs with many blue shirts & air troopers.

So KMart is now my main goto place. I left behind a Viper & Roadblock city attack.

And whos to blame for all of this,

Scalpers and high oil prices.

If I remember correctly weren't the Star Wars Saga re-releases ( I could be wrong with the line name) with the protective cases and retro packaging 9.99-10.99 when they were first released? I'm not condoning Hasbro doing this but the truth is they can charge whatever they want........you know why???? Because people will still buy it. It may not be you, you, or you......but someone will still buy those Joes.

Does Hasbro care that you've been a loyal fan for 15+ years...........not really....they just want your money.

It is a little surprising though due to the fact that GI Joe collectors are somewhat "cheap" by the collector market standards. I remember Palisades a while back saying that they didn't know if their busts were really going to take off cause Joe fans don't spend as much on that stuff as Star Wars/Comic property fans. The same was with Diamond when they took over the statues and such.

Dude, you got it all wrong, this is not Hasbros doing.

Hasbro sets a MSRP price and the stores that order cases of Joes from Hasbro can sell them at whatever price they want.

Thats why there are different prices in different retail stores that carry them. For example: Wal-Mart $6.84, Base Exchange (BX) $4.95 no tax, Toys 'R' Us $6.99, K-Mart $5.99, and Target $7.99. Now that doesn't mean the others can go up on there price too.

It's just like when you buy a car from Ford or whatever auto make. The car manufacture sets a MSRP price and the dealer can sell it for anyprice he wants too. Thats why you can have the same car a 2 different lots and the price is different. The more money, the more profit to be had.

So this is just Targets doing, they are just being greedy.

And saying that us collectors are cheap. Don't be a fool. Who wouldn't want to save when and whenever they can. If you don't mine paying markup or a scalpers price for Joes then go right ahead.

These 25th anni figures in my book are not worth $7.99 and $6.84 was pushing it. And the funny thing too is that the comic books packs are $9.99. Thats a $2.00 differce from the single packs. So whats next are they gonna go up on the comic book packs to a price of $11.99.

Now for me when its comes to buying single pack Joes I will not be getting them from Target thats for sure.

Right now Target is only good for there exclusives and thats it.

If I remember correctly weren't the Star Wars Saga re-releases ( I could be wrong with the line name) with the protective cases and retro packaging 9.99-10.99 when they were first released?

Your talking about the Vintage Original Trilogy Collection. They weren't releases of anything as they were all new tooling and at the time was super articulated compared to the basic fig's.

Hasbro sets a MSRP price and the stores that order cases of Joes from Hasbro can sell them at whatever price they want.

Thats why there are different prices in different retail stores that carry them. For example: Wal-Mart $6.84, Base Exchange (BX) $4.95 no tax, Toys 'R' Us $6.99, K-Mart $5.99, and Target $7.99. Now that doesn't mean the others can go up on there price too.

It's just like when you buy a car from Ford or whatever auto make. The car manufacture sets a MSRP price and the dealer can sell it for anyprice he wants too. Thats why you can have the same car a 2 different lots and the price is different. The more money, the more profit to be had.

And saying that us collectors are cheap. Don't be a fool. Who wouldn't want to save when and whenever they can. If you don't mine paying markup or a scalpers price for Joes then go right ahead.

These 25th anni figures in my book are not worth $7.99 and $6.84 was pushing it. And the funny thing too is that the comic books packs are $9.99. Thats a $2.00 differce from the single packs. So whats next are they gonna go up on the comic book packs to a price of $11.99.

Now for me when its comes to buying single pack Joes I will not be getting them from Target thats for sure.

Are you seriously trying to say Joe fans aren't cheap?

Transformers fans are paying almost twice as much for a single toy. Star Wars fans (that I know) buy everything off the shelf many times over as well as following the books, film(s) including Clone Wars, comics, posters, "coins," statues and busts and ARMY BUILDING.

Joe fans? "I'll wait for it to go on clearance."

Out of the three properties (TF, SW, Joe) we are the smallest fan base. The GIJCC was even mentioning this at the club roundtable, our numbers are almost even (they've had TF for three years, Joe for 10+).

Look at this thread. Not that everyone here is making any invalid arguements but WE ARE A CHEAP COMMUNITY. How many people have seen someone claim they won't pay more than "15 for a loose US figure, 25 for a loose international" or something along those lines?

Instead of buying a figure when we (the "community") see it, we look at the price tag, say "meh" or "fail," and complain when we don't see the figure at one of the cheaper stores later.

-Kevin

Transformers fans are paying almost twice as much for a single toy. Star Wars fans (that I know) buy everything off the shelf many times over as well as following the books, film(s) including Clone Wars, comics, posters, "coins," statues and busts and ARMY BUILDING.

Out of the three properties (TF, SW, Joe) we are the smallest fan base. The GIJCC was even mentioning this at the club roundtable, our numbers are almost even (they've had TF for three years, Joe for 10+).

Look at this thread. Not that everyone here is making any invalid arguements but WE ARE A CHEAP COMMUNITY. How many people have seen someone claim they won't pay more than "15 for a loose US figure, 25 for a loose international" or something along those lines?

Instead of buying a figure when we (the "community") see it, we look at the price tag, say "meh" or "fail," and complain when we don't see the figure at one of the cheaper stores later.

-Kevin

Seems you know your fans there Admiral.

I have a monetary limit on just about MOST things I buy, above and beyond just TOYS. I've had to limit my DRIVING based on the rising fuel costs, so I'd hope that wouldn't designate me as a "cheap" user of oil or gasoline? @loll@

Money is an important issue to take into consideration, and the fact that we have members and collectors sharing such a bit of PERSONAL information as to things like our own limitations of how MUCH we can exactly SPEND on this stuff, shouldn't be mocked or ridiculed as mere whining or our own "cheapness" as a G.I.Joe collector? That's kind of a slap in the face. :(

Are we "cheap" or are we just FRUGAL?

Look at the stuff us Joe fans DO buy, especially army builders, MOC collectors who buy TWO of everything, in order to have a loose version for display, or customizers who have to buy multiple items of the stuff they need to deconstruct and frankenstein all the parts together for? We buy comic packs and battle packs that have figures we ALREADY have a version of, just so we can get the one or two we DON'T, therefore, basically, spending $20 plus sometimes for just that ONE or TWO figure(s)???

Factor up all the dough we EACH spend on this hobby, and I'd doubt it's fair to call us "cheap". If I had to sit at a round table and be insulted as so, I think I'd have to start slappin' people just for being that big a jerk and obnoxious uneducated a$$hole. Don't criticize me on my financial status or label me as inefficient as a collector based on it....applaud me for still buying what I CAN, under current situations. I'm sure we all WISH we had expendable, unlimited FUNDS to just buy anything and everything we want, cost be damned. Is that something that the majority of us share..."limited funds" or are most the community WEALTHY beyond any limitation or need to be concerned over prices?

-Kevin

Thats exactly what I was trying to say in my last post..........I wasn't taking potshots at anyone personally I was just saying that when you break down fans of the major properties we are the most "Frugal" when we are compared to fans of other lines. I forget where I saw it but it was in regards to some of the busts.......I really liked them when Palisades put them out......then Palisades was going out of business one of the main concerns was that we weren't ever going to see any more busts. I forget the owners name but one of the guys from the company said that there wasn't a huge demand for anything Joe except for figures.......because from an industry standpoint Joe fans won't drop 200-300 bucks for a prop replica Cobra Commander gun but a Star Wars fan would pre-order 2-3 of a prop gun from some guy thats on screen for 2 seconds.

Thats where I was coming from..........I wasn't calling anyone in particular cheap. Joe fans just spend their money differantly

You just have to adapt........I've already started pre-ordering Joes from BBTS. Granted they may go up in price too.....but when you put in gas in all balances out.

Perfect example..........I remember back in 2006 Diamond tried to push stuff like this and the demand was so low that it got canceled.......Life size Destro mask......I don't know if they ever actually made the CC gun or not.....I wanted to get one of the guns though.

destro.jpg

Thing is, it's an unfair/uneven pool to draw from.

Every stinkin' G.I.Joe item ever PRODUCED, could get bought up by the fans and it wouldn't register as high on the scale as these OTHER toy lines being brought up in comparison. The fact is, there's just a HELLUVA lot more of THOSE toys than there is G.I.Joe toys.

Look at how much complaining is going on right now, from fans who can't even GET most the items because they can't find them, or the stores aren't even stocking enough of it? How do you calculate a FAIR number in purchases then, to judge what's hot and what's not and who's spending and who's not?

heres what i got from hasbro about this.

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding the cost of GI Joes.

Please be advised we provide a suggested retail price to the retailer. They are able, however, to sell the product at a price they chose.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. Please be assured we have forwarded your comments to our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

You guys want to complain about the price? My county is Cook County and we have the highest sales tax in all of the United States of America at 10.75%

You guys want to complain about the price? My county is Cook County and we have the highest sales tax in all of the United States of America at 10.75%

I thought sales taxes were set by each state and not individual counties.