TARGET IS UP TO 7.99 ON JOES

xhairs

i just got back from target to find nothing but saw they raised there prices to 7.99 wtf is going on. man this is nuts and i blame the gas company's now its got to the toys. and SW figs are cheaper then joes.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just got back from target to find nothing but saw they raised there prices to 7.99 wtf is going on. man this is nuts and i blame the gas company's now its got to the toys. and SW figs are cheaper then joes.

What was it before @ Target? Is it a big jump?

seriously.. if it is that way all over.. i am out.

there is no way in hell these figures are worth 8 bucks. They are worth 5 bucks.

6.84 or whatever is a big push in my book, and 7.99 is absolutely over the line.

and no. it is not the price of oil to blame. Gas hasn't shot up that much at all. I think my gas has gone up a buck a gallon. How could a toy that takes less oil than a gallon of gas go up 3 dollars in the same time frame?

but I know Targets have different prices. I remember when a few of them had Marvel Legends (the good ones) at 6.89 while others had them at 7.99

It suck that the prices had to raise right now when almost every toy line has gotten really good and is putting out so much cool stuff. I hope this does not end up hurting the toy industry too bad.

xhairs- Which email address did you send your message to?

Perhaps we can come up with a group message and sign it. Y'know, a petition.

$7.99 was the old price for Marvel Legends. With that, you got a huge plastic bubble, full sized comic, detailed display base, and at least 35 POA on a 6-7 inch figure.

and no. it is not the price of oil to blame. Gas hasn't shot up that much at all. I think my gas has gone up a buck a gallon. How could a toy that takes less oil than a gallon of gas go up 3 dollars in the same time frame?

Yeah I agree here. No way it's oil. Mainly cause you said that they were more then SW figures. Production prices would have gone up across the board if it was oil. So SW would always be more cause they have to pay the same for the oil and transport and they have to pay Mr. Lucas his cut as well. On Joes they only have to pay the increased cost of the oil and transport.

I'd say it's supply and demand. There is a larger demand for these then Hasbro is getting out in supply and thus the increased price. If Hasbro can catch up with the demand I think the price might go back down.

Singles are $9.99 at ShopKo, while comic packs are $10.99... go figure.

I think CP prices are holding steady elsewhere too at around $10, so I don't think we can blame oil for these price increases on single packs. This tells me Hasbro has increased their price on single packs but not on comic packs. I think it's called taking advantage of a hot commodity. The retailers are also probably getting tired of acting as wholesale suppliers for the secondary "scalper" market. At these prices, can you imagine how much scalpers will be charging!? Ain't opportunism a wonderful thing! What a messed up situation. Wonder if the movie figs will come out priced at a 8 or 9 bucks a pop?

It's nuts. I just ordered a 4'x8' sheet of plexiglass that cost $41.75 in March and it is now $118.90!!!

I don't know who to blame but someone is making a lot of money somewhere in between a hole in the ground and the hole in my pocket.

Just came from a local Target and the new price is up(didn't have anything but Stalker & Cobra Commander). And the fact that the online coupon is no longer being honored, make this even crappier.

Just came from a local Target and the new price is up(didn't have anything but Stalker & Cobra Commander). And the fact that the online coupon is no longer being honored, make this even crappier.

what! the online coupon doesn't work? i thought it was good til 10/08? that sucks! i've printed out and used pages of those coupons. they should honor the web coupon if it says expires 10/1/08. i didn't see any price increases in a chicago target i went to, but i'm also gonna stop buying joes if these go to 7.99.

what! the online coupon doesn't work? i thought it was good til 10/08? that sucks! i've printed out and used pages of those coupons. they should honor the web coupon if it says expires 10/1/08. i didn't see any price increases in a chicago target i went to, but i'm also gonna stop buying joes if these go to 7.99.

Target says, "We (the consumers), have been bad",

http://news.target.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196...&ID=1171550

I must say if that is true, I can't blame them for revoking the coupon.

Also, I don't know why you guys are complaining, you're only now beginning to pay the same price we Canadians have been paying since the beginning of the line. (And a reminder that the two currencies are at par +/- 3 cents)

Yes, this sucks the big one indeed. I hope this is a territorial increase and doesn't effect were I live at.

I think its because of the work of Scalpers that caused this, not just the oil prices.

Remeber, Hasbro sets a MSRP and the stores can charge whatever they want for them, but the stores order cases and buying cases in bulk is saving money form them. So why in the hell would they increase the price like that. There just being greedy, thats all.

And selling single packs for $8.00 a pop is Targets way of taking advantage of low supply and High demand.

But at least around were I live, K-mart sells there single packs for $5.99, Wal-Mart sells theres for $6.84, and the Base Exhange sells theres for $4.95 w/ no tax. So I hope theses stores don't do what Target did.

So the good news is that the increased prices will slow down the scalper rate and that w/ make more joes availble for us.

But the bad news is that were going to have to break the bank even more for thes figs. And there will be alot of peg warmers and the stores probably won't restock the pegs w/ new joes until the peg warmers are gone which at $8.00 a fig. will move at a slow rate.

Thats why I hope that HasbroToyShop.com will start carrying cases because ordering a case you will save money

I understand that prices go up and stuff, but honestly, weren't these $4-5 at walmart last year? If these do end up going to $8 a figure, I think the father and husband in me is going to come out and I'll have to give up Joes for now. I just can't afford it at that price and I'll have to put the money to better use.

I hit two Targets on the way home today, and I noticed the $7.99 price as well. @grumpy@

I just can't hang with the rich boys anymore, so I'll definitely be out of the game now. I stopped at a Meijers also, and their prices were $5.99 but guess how many Joes were there..?

ZERO!!! :rolleyes:

I can understand people not liking these high prices, but I'm not buying into the idea that it's gonna stop anyone from collecting. You may not buy as much, but why make start jumping into the "I'm done collecting" dog-pile?

xhairs- Which email address did you send your message to?

Perhaps we can come up with a group message and sign it. Y'know, a petition.

$7.99 was the old price for Marvel Legends. With that, you got a huge plastic bubble, full sized comic, detailed display base, and at least 35 POA on a 6-7 inch figure.

i just went to hasbros site and emailed them from there. this dose suck. man when the joes finally get good they go and hike the price. it was 6mos ago that wallmarts was 4.88.

I can understand people not liking these high prices, but I'm not buying into the idea that it's gonna stop anyone from collecting. You may not buy as much, but why make start jumping into the "I'm done collecting" dog-pile?

im pretty seerious Joe.

I have been buying this line since the start. Have been buying at least two of every figure. But now, at 8 bucks, they just aren't worth it.

Let's face it, what got me was the RAH nostalgia, the 5 dollar price tag, and the fact that there was nothing else out there to collect.

But for 8 dollars, they aren't worth it. These figures are too cheaply done. Hasbro has been cutting all the corners man, we all know it, but for -6 bucks, that's okay.

For 8 dollars, these things should be damn perfect. No more repaints. No more pin heads. No more incorrect accessories. No more poor articulation.

For 8 dollars these should be better than RAH, and they aint. I can go buy RAH figures for 8 bucks most of the time.

I think I would still buy one or two figures per wave, just my old favorites... but no doubles, and no more complete collecting.

I guess for wave 10, instead of getting doubles of the whole wave, I might buy 1 Mutt and 1 Croc Master, and I won't even make that decision until I see how they turned out in the final product.

eight dollars is really too much. there is no excuse.

I find it odd that they can communicate so swiftly to all their stores to stop accepting the coupons when they couldn't get them to just accept them for TOYS only.

Ummm I have not bought any single carded figure since the price hike to $6.84 at Target or Walmart. I've bought them on HTS with 10% off.

I was done collecting Star Wars after Xmas when they hiked those prices. Haven't bought one since.

Not to mention everything else is increasing in price too. So yes it will stop people from collecting because buying food outweighs buying toys.

I find it odd that they can communicate so swiftly to all their stores to stop accepting the coupons when they couldn't get them to just accept them for TOYS only.

They're just doing it because too many people were using the coupons. If it was really because of the scammers, then they would accept the legit ones, instead of banning them all.

I look at it like this.

Does it suck that Joes are over priced? Yes. A lot.

BUT.....how many more actual waves of figures are there until the 25th line stops to make way for movie toys? Not a lot. It's coming to an end and I THINK my wallet can hold out til then.

Deciding wheter or not to spend $8-$10 on GI Joe movie toys will be an EASY decision. I should than whoever is responsible for making it easy!

The days of me buying modern action figures are coming to an end. They're just too much.

My collecting days are coming to an end unless I win the lottery. It's not the $3 hike on my action figures... it's the $3 hike on everything!!! Smaller boxes of cereal that now cost more than a big box just a few years ago (not to mention that the smaller boxes have been made even smaller). I used my stimulus check to get some extra groceries and pay for some bills.

I wonder how the economy will effect the production of toys.