Slight suggestion for the Mercenary Wrath Figure

jasonwelcome

Hello

I Googled the character Wrath and could not find an image so I am not sure if he is suppose to have silver pants or not, but I thought he might look better with a matt finish dark gray or black paint scheme on his pants. Your thoughts…

I provided a quick photoshop rendition of my idea. It's a quick version just to get what I am talking about across its not suppose to look pretty.

GIJOELegPaint.jpg

Hello

I Googled the character Wrath and could not find an image so I am not sure if he is suppose to have silver pants or not, but I thought he might look better with a matt finish dark gray or black paint scheme on his pants. Your thoughts…

I provided a quick photoshop rendition of my idea. It's a quick version just to get what I am talking about across its not suppose to look pretty.

GIJOELegPaint.jpg

I see your point, but as someone who has read the xomics I see the confusion. Those are not pants, they are part of the armor that is part fabric part metal (to my understanding) and incorporate high density fiber optics that produce the illusion of invisibility. Therefore they are part of the 'silver suit' if you will, and need to retain the same basic colouring of the rest of the figure. The problem is Hasbro has sculpted his upper legs to look too much like pants, and not enough like armor.

Hello

GIJOELegPaint.jpg

I see your point, but as someone who has read the xomics I see the confusion. Those are not pants, they are part of the armor that is part fabric part metal (to my understanding) and incorporate high density fiber optics that produce the illusion of invisibility. Therefore they are part of the 'silver suit' if you will, and need to retain the same basic colouring of the rest of the figure. The problem is Hasbro has sculpted his upper legs to look too much like pants, and not enough like armor.

Ok Thanks for clearing that up

did he always look so bulky?? I thought he was more of a slick, stealthy, character

is the problem that they added something over an existing torso instead of doing a new one (like they screw up Barbecue's torso)???? I can't tell if thats what they did or not.. but it looks huge

did he always look so bulky?? I thought he was more of a slick, stealthy, character

is the problem that they added something over an existing torso instead of doing a new one (like they screw up Barbecue's torso)???? I can't tell if thats what they did or not.. but it looks huge

It's more streamlined in the comic than on this figure, but it is still somewhat bulky as here.

The problem is Hasbro has sculpted his upper legs to look too much like pants, and not enough like armor.

that's because they are pants, they are the upper legs from the Snake Eyes v.3 figure. they weren't sculpted for Wraith specifically or meant to be armor.

The problem is Hasbro has sculpted his upper legs to look too much like pants, and not enough like armor.

that's because they are pants, they are the upper legs from the Snake Eyes v.3 figure. they weren't sculpted for Wraith specifically or meant to be armor.

You're quite right! I hadn't noticed that. Problem explained, but not solved, we need a new sculpt for the legs then.

Well, either way...I like the LOOKS of the pants painted as you've demonstrated here. I see something Silver and I imagine it to be hard metal material and not fabric with wrinkles. Since the figure has the appearance of "pants" I like the change you did. :)

Well, either way...I like the LOOKS of the pants painted as you've demonstrated here. I see something Silver and I imagine it to be hard metal material and not fabric with wrinkles. Since the figure has the appearance of "pants" I like the change you did. :)

Well thanks I think that this would be an easy fix for the figure they wouldn't have to resculpt him, course if I was a fan of the comic I would want the rescuplt, but I just dont think that will realistically happen unless the entire board raise you know what...either way I am going to get the figure.

Call me crazy, but are those BAT's thighs?

we just discussed this, not sure how you missed it: