Found wave 9 at Walmart this morning.

Postalboy

I'll be on the lookout when I do my 8am grocery shopping tomorrow. I have an order with HTS but those #$^%ers are giving me the runaround on the ship date. Online says [today's date], so I called and they said August 21. UMANUMANAMO WILL NOT WAIT!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose that these are shipping with Wild Bill, HISS Driver, and the Viper, aren't they? Then I must have missed about two cases worth of wave 9 last night. Oh well.

I suppose that these are shipping with Wild Bill, HISS Driver, and the Viper, aren't they? Then I must have missed about two cases worth of wave 9 last night. Oh well.

maybe, but not exactly.

wave 7 has Wild Bill, Hiss Driver, Viper, Duke w/jetpack, Spirit, and Snake Eyes

Wave 9 has Hawk, Barbecue, Bazooka, BAT, Snow Serpent, and Stormshadow. However, it also ships with Torpedo and Wildbill in the case, they come on the new style cards (white lettering, glossy cardstock). So the Wild Bills you saw could have been from either wave 7 or 9, depends on the card it was on.

ALSO, from what I have seen, these two assortments are both shipping currently. My brother came across one walmart that had three cases of wave 9 and two cases of wave 7. I found three cases of wave 9 and EIGHT cases of wave 7 between two different stores the next night.

WOOHOOO!!!! Now I know what I'm doing for my week off.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but unless, you're spending your week in the States, I'd say we (Canadians) won't see wave 9 until the end of the month / early August. Seems to be the way it always goes, anyway......

Thanks to a tip from a friend I went t Wal Mart earlier this morning..

LOADED WITH JOES..

Joes filled the pegs and were stacked on the shelf below them.

I snagged

Bat x 3

Snow Serpent x 3

Gen Hawk

Barbecue

Bazooka

Left plenty of them on the pegs and on the shelves too..

Also saw a couple Torpedos..

WOO HOO!!!!

Scored all of wave 9 and a extra MOC Hawk tonight at WM. The cards are all thrashed minus the extra Hawk.......these new cards are way to flimsy!!! Reminds me of Funksool cards in the way they were warped, not creased or bent...... warped! Insane..... this could be hard to find MOCers indeed. Anyway, best wave yet imo!! BBQ, BAT, Snowsperpent, all kick major arse!! Hawk and Bazooka are really cool too and I love the Ninja Ku for what he is even. Crazy that I still need a TF Flint, 2 baroness, 2 Roadblock v2, and 2 PP Officer, but I have found all of wave 9 now.

Draven

Scored all of wave 9 and a extra MOC Hawk tonight at WM. The cards are all thrashed minus the extra Hawk.......these new cards are way to flimsy!!! Reminds me of Funksool cards in the way they were warped, not creased or bent...... warped! Insane..... this could be hard to find MOCers indeed. Anyway, best wave yet imo!! BBQ, BAT, Snowsperpent, all kick major arse!! Hawk and Bazooka are really cool too and I love the Ninja Ku for what he is even. Crazy that I still need a TF Flint, 2 baroness, 2 Roadblock v2, and 2 PP Officer, but I have found all of wave 9 now.

Draven

agreed. I have opened 7 cases of them now.. and a lot of them were curved. I would say at least 2 cases worth. If we only found those two cases, I would have been pissed.

I hate the new cards. Not only are they flimsy, but they are cheesy and ugly looking. I don't know why they didn't just change the color on the logo, why the whole card?

for 8 bucks, we should be getting really nice cards @lol@

I haven't seen these yet, but I have to ask, what do you guys mean by new cards? I know the silver logo and border are now white, and the area behind the figure is now yellowish, but has the rest of the card changed somehow? Please enlighten me.

I haven't seen these yet, but I have to ask, what do you guys mean by new cards? I know the silver logo and border are now white, and the area behind the figure is now yellowish, but has the rest of the card changed somehow? Please enlighten me.

It seems they are using a lesser grade cardstock. Maybe to defray some of the cost.

It seems they are using a lesser grade cardstock. Maybe to defray some of the cost.

That is truely unfortunate. While I am not (and likely never will be) a MOC collector, I do like to save the backings to the 25th anniversery because of the card art. Therefore I try to find ones in good condition.

Ah well, what can you do?

That is truely unfortunate. While I am not (and likely never will be) a MOC collector, I do like to save the backings to the 25th anniversery because of the card art. Therefore I try to find ones in good condition.

Ah well, what can you do?

Well, actually, there might be something people can do, at least those who open them, anyway. When I was a kid, my parents put me in one of those environmental daycamps, where you hike, learn about conservation and recycling and such. One of the things we did was make our own recycled paper using shredded newspaper, water, and pressure. Now I have not tried this, but I theorize you could spray a fine mist of water on these cards just to dampen them, then place a flat weight on them, like a book, and let it dry into a flattened card. If you're that into it, seems to me it should work.

The same might hold true for the unopenned cards, too, as long as it is done on a flat surface. Don't soak - just moisten.

I've heard something like that too. Back when I was collecting a lot of SW I had some Vintage Carded figures and a buddy told me to Iron them to get some of the creases out. I was never brave enough to try it.

I found wave 9 at a Target Thursday morning. They had one case. I picked up the new figures minus the SS repaint. I paid the new 7.99 price and my butt hurts a little bit, like I am Marcellus Wallace after meeting Zed and Maynard. I might have to go to work on Target with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.

Distribution seems to suck where I live. I'm broke right now so it doesn't matter anyway. And I'm bummed to hear the card-backs are flimsy since I'm mainly a MOMC collector right now. *sigh* Oh well. What can ya do...

I'm actually not in Orlando anymore, I'm about 90 minutes NW, in a little town called Inverness. I work in Ocala, where I'm lucky enough to have a TRU. I used to live between Winter Park and UCF on University.

This far out, the only scalpers I really have to deal with are Hot Wheels and Wrestling, lol. Works for me.

A buddy found 2 of the Wave 4 packs for me at Union Park WM(near UCF) a couple nights ago. Nop Firefly pack.

Heh, I live in the Gainesville area. Bout 45 or so minutes from Ocala. Not much showing up in this area though.

I actually lucked out last week. I went to walmart after work Thursday night and The stock was already out. The joy of being dressed up and going into walmart. You look like you know what your doing. I saw some of the stock on pallets, I walked over and say the newest wave of joes figures, Picked up three boxes and walked over to where the joes are and stocked them out. I kept the ones I wanted and left the rest for the next lucky person. I got Bazooka Hawk barbque a couple of Hiss Drivers. I would have picked up Wild Bill but his face was Gray. So, I figured I would wait till the three pack coming out.

I actually lucked out last week. I went to walmart after work Thursday night and The stock was already out. The joy of being dressed up and going into walmart. You look like you know what your doing. I saw some of the stock on pallets, I walked over and say the newest wave of joes figures, Picked up three boxes and walked over to where the joes are and stocked them out. I kept the ones I wanted and left the rest for the next lucky person. I got Bazooka Hawk barbque a couple of Hiss Drivers. I would have picked up Wild Bill but his face was Gray. So, I figured I would wait till the three pack coming out.

Which WM did you go to? 192? I still haven't seen hide nor hair of these up north of you.

Still nothing here and they have plenty of empty space to get them in. I think they are waiting for the reset.

Same here, except for one wild bill peg warmer. And no plans for shipment to comic stores and the like for wave 9 and vehicles for this week.