Enough with the Exclusives already

darthhenning

Exclusices  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the practice of releasing exclusives?

• Yes, always
    • Only rarely
    • No, Never

WHAT IS HASBRO THINKING?????

I've been collecting G.I. Joes for years, and I've gotten almost every figure of the 25th anniversery so far, and I must say reading the announcment from Hasbro Panel Day 2 depressed me more than anything.

Just about everything we got to see at this convention will be an exclusive to somewhere?

That makes absolutely no sence.

First off, from what I've heard from friends, half the TRUs in the US never got any of the Senior Ranking Sets when they first came out as exclusives, and same with the Red Ninja and Cobra Night Force 5-packs. NONE of them even made it anywhere up in Canada! Everyone I know had to get them from scalpers on Ebay.

Now Hasbro is telling us they're doing it again!?

Then they tell us that the Rattler and Conquest will be Target exclusives? That half the vehicles they showed at the convention. Don't they realize how many fans could never find the FIRST Target exclusive vehicles?

Unless they make an effort to get them to more stores both of these will be dissasters again.

As we've seen with large StarWars sets recently, the large set with Steeler and the Crimson HISS will likely also be a Target exclusive (I admit this is speculation, but I put it out there anyway).

As if this isn't enough of a slap in the face, the Arctic and Desert sets will be online exclusives - OK where and how many will be made - will more than 50 people even be able to get a hold of them?

Then there's Action Man as a Wal-mart exclusive - the wal-marts I know staff at aren't allowed to place orders for Regular Joes and just prey they get some out of Hasbro's kindness.

I could live with this number of exclusives if there were at least a lot of regular figures going to be widely available for the rest of this year, but there aren't! Wave 9 and Wave 1 vehicles are hitting stores now, and that means we have two waves of regular Joes to find from August through December, one wave of Comic Packs in August, and two vehicles for the fall!

Thanks a lot Hasbro - you've succeded in making some Ebay scalpers very rich this fall.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind as my TRU & targets get them in all the time. it is allso a way for us to get stuff that we couldnt get other wise.

How do you figure that we coldn't get it otherwise, if it was available at all stores, more fans could get it than those few who are lucky enough to have stores that receive it near them.

If hasbro is producing them, they should have the brains to make a larger run and send it to more stores.

I think the exclusives give Hasbro the chance to keep reusing molds and throwing out repaints. They couldn't get away with releasing a three-pack that's been previously released as singles to every store. But if they call it "exclusive" it gives the impression it's special and worth having, though it's really just more of the same.

I wasn't excited by anything announced today. The few new figures shown seemed pretty weak. I feel for completists and people who liked what they've seen, as well as for our buddies up North and anywhere else who don't see much product, but for me all these exclusives could be mass distributed to every store and it wouldn't get me to buy any of them.

The moment this line hit it big, Hasbro decided it was OK to release more product but have 90% of the excess be reused parts and figures, and things like Duke and Gung-Ho's crappy arms still being reused when we all knew they were junk from the start has really worn thin with me.

If it wasn't for store exclusives, you wouldn't see half the stuff, The stores cut deals with hasbro, to be honest, you should be thankful for them ;)

I'd be happy for them if the stores that were supposed to have the exclusives actually GOT them!!

I look forward to the Three packs if only to get two IGs, Starduster (or whatever he's called now) and Cutter with Deep Six (so I don't have to get block dude).

But chances are I'll never see them.

Sad but true.

Also, add into the list of despair that Short Fuse will only be available with the $50 Repaint Pack.

OH, excuse me "Ultimate Battle Pack"

And there's still no notice for a Zap, proper Scrap Iron, or Cover Girl

FINISH OF 82-83 HASBRO!!

You gotta understand you're a Canadain.. and Hasbro doesn't like you... J/K no.. but seriously, Canadian and other countries, a lot of their stores are run differently, whether different distributors, or just the way they run things, At the spawn boards, someone asked why their TRU exclusives weren't going to be available at UK TRUS.. and the guy there said something about each store there was run like an independent store, not as a chain. So I'm sure, stuff like that is one of the reasons it's hard to find stuff over there, most likely, the stores are run differently...

Your best bet? Find a boardie that'll hook you up, I'm sure there's plenty of guys that wouldn't mind helping you out.. you just gotta ask ;)

Some rational explaination behind store "exclusives" doesn't do a whole lot to ease the aggrevation (one can feel) about not being a Johnny-on-the-SPOT lucky bass turd, who either lives in a region that even CARRIES the damn things, or gets to the store (that does carry them) LICKITTY SPLIT before the ebay scalpers do.

It's a real sad pain-in-the-ass from my standpoint. I see TARGET on the packaging, and I might as well forget about ANY thrill I might have, in thinking I'll actually be able to get one. They won't even hit the shelves at half the store i have available around here, to go in search of at.

I'm with darthhenning on this one. It's a sucky situation, no matter what the excuse for it.

People complain about Target but for me Target exclusives are always the easiest to get. The trick is using the DCPI# and getting them to bring it from out back for you before they even put it out on the shelves for scalpers to get. Target is also very helpfull in they will look up for you on the computer and tell you which stores in the area have an item in stock or not.

People complain about Target but for me Target exclusives are always the easiest to get. The trick is using the DCPI# and getting them to bring it from out back for you before they even put it out on the shelves for scalpers to get. Target is also very helpfull in they will look up for you on the computer and tell you which stores in the area have an item in stock or not.

You make that sound kinda easy. I've worked for TARGET before, but I don't know anyone that can help me now. I mean here in San Antonio anyway.

You make that sound kinda easy. I've worked for TARGET before, but I don't know anyone that can help me now. I mean here in San Antonio anyway.

I know if you want something bad enough, you'll FIND a way to get it. "Tricks" or what have you, but like the Capt. stated here, it's not always that easy or not as easy as it can be for some. Besides...I'm guessin' most eBay whores have their "scouts" that get the DCPI #'s and probably will get there, do that, and wipe me out of yet ANOTHER opportunity to get these items directly from the Target store.

I just wanna walk in the damn store, when I've got leftover spendin' money for toys, and buy the stuff off the shelves, no fuss no BS! That's not asking too much, I shouldn't think.

These exclusives are a pain for me all the time.

3/4's of the Wal-Marts don't ever get the exclusives. There are zero Targets around here. There is one TRU that sometimes gets stuff but at least the online store carries the exclusives.

Didn't Hasbro say someting about carrying excusives at the Hasbroshop? That would help alot.

Well it looks like we got the version of Bludd we wanted...but not really cause you know people....including people on this board are going to hoard and order them by the dozen.

I really really want to get 1 each of the Snow and Desert cobra forces, I think we should all make enough noise and at least get this figures released to venders such as Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, Kmart so that we at least have a chance to get them in stores. same with the other exclusives but these are the ones I really want.

I only have a Wal Mart and a K-Mart in my town and the nearest Target is an hour away and they barely have anything GI Joe their. Then I travel another 45 minutes to get to the next target and they usually have more toys, but they are pretty much cleaned out by the time I get there. Then the Nearest Toys R Us is right down the road from the second Target and they actually had the three packs and the five packs, but I was not very interested in getting them. Exclusives are nice and all if you have a store near you, but I am not that lucky as some. I wish Target would offer their exclusives online like Toys R Us does.

i dont mind as my TRU & targets get them in all the time. it is allso a way for us to get stuff that we couldnt get other wise.

How do you figure that we coldn't get it otherwise, if it was available at all stores, more fans could get it than those few who are lucky enough to have stores that receive it near them.

If hasbro is producing them, they should have the brains to make a larger run and send it to more stores.

because not all stores want to carry that many SKU's. Target probably doesn't want the mid vehicles, large vehicles, battle in a box sets, SRO sets, comic packs, single packs, 5 packs, 7 packs, etc. that's a lot of product to carry for just one line. so they get the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, and then the larger vehicles as exclusives.

wal mart get the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, plus the battle in a box set.

TRU gets the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, plus SRO sets and 5 packs.

etc.

etc.

this reduces the amount of product each store carries while simultaneously gets more product to the shelves? if not, the stores wouldn't carry all of those different products and they wouldn't get released. this is pretty easy stuff to comprehend and I don't see how that can be confusing. one store doesn't want to carry all of those SKU's, so the only way to get more product out is through exclusives.

The problem seems to be that Hasbro won't keep up with the SUPPLY.....even when the DEMAND is high.

The agenda seems to be that they'll make just enough for every target store to get 1 or 2 cases (probably 2 per case) and that's it. Target sells out of them the first day, and maybe (just MAYBE) they'll order another case, and maybe (just MAYBE) hasbro will send it. Otherwise, it's "sorry, that item is discontinued". <_<

The problem seems to be that Hasbro won't keep up with the SUPPLY.....even when the DEMAND is high.

The agenda seems to be that they'll make just enough for every target store to get 1 or 2 cases (probably 2 per case) and that's it. Target sells out of them the first day, and maybe (just MAYBE) they'll order another case, and maybe (just MAYBE) hasbro will send it. Otherwise, it's "sorry, that item is discontinued". <_<

Hasbro produces enough to fill the orders Target places. It is Target's fault they only order enough for 2 cases per store. If they ordered more, Hasbro would make more.

Even then you have Targets distributers do things like send four cases to one store and zero to another.

Wal-Mart is really bad about that. One store is loaded with too much while a bunch of others don't get anything.

You can't do that with the Targets in my area especially the one I work at

They won't take anything from the back, there under the impression we all are scalpers

because not all stores want to carry that many SKU's. Target probably doesn't want the mid vehicles, large vehicles, battle in a box sets, SRO sets, comic packs, single packs, 5 packs, 7 packs, etc. that's a lot of product to carry for just one line. so they get the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, and then the larger vehicles as exclusives.

wal mart get the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, plus the battle in a box set.

TRU gets the standard single packs, comic packs and mid-vehicles, plus SRO sets and 5 packs.

etc.

etc.

this reduces the amount of product each store carries while simultaneously gets more product to the shelves? if not, the stores wouldn't carry all of those different products and they wouldn't get released. this is pretty easy stuff to comprehend and I don't see how that can be confusing. one store doesn't want to carry all of those SKU's, so the only way to get more product out is through exclusives.

aconfusedcw3.gif So all these cool ORIGINAL vehicles Hasbro's releasing, are being made as a TARGET "exclusive", yet TARGET doesn't really want to carry such items (mid to large vehicles) because it's too much product to carry for just one line?

That doesn't seem to be true of other lines though, or is it just the poor selling lines (like G.I.Joe) that they make such stipulations on...even though the "exclusives" they get fly off the shelves day ONE? <_<

Why give the exclusive to a retail chain that's so HO HUM and persnickety about the line in the first place?

One store is loaded with too much while a bunch of others don't get anything.

I seem to be shopping at the lat'er? @loll@