More Con Images

JayC

Ya know...after looking at those customs, Hasbro might as well send a rep over to my house, have him knock on my door, and when I answer, have him kick me between the legs, spit in my face, and laugh, and then have him taunt me by screaming "HAHAHA! WE CAN MAKE FIGURES THAT LOOK THIS COOL BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE THEM AT RETAIL. HAHAHA!" :(

I know that's a bit extreme, but that's how I feel right now...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the same thing about Dusty.. kinda a let down. His neck is too long, and/or his face is.. and the cloth seems to be too far up.. and his goggles dont look right because they are probably removeable @rolleye@... his head just looks off altogether.

Holy crap, we have some really great stuff to look forward to.

AVAC, Mutt & Junkyard, Quick-Kick, Cobra Bazooka Trooper, Dusty, and even Croc-Master are must-haves for me. The Iron Grenadiers look great! I'm gonna army-build the crap out of those Bazooka troopers!

The customs look really great too, especially that Night Viper. I don't get the repainted Bludd though... he looks off.

The images from Hisstank - the 6 packs - look great as well. Good to see we're getting more 5-packs too! Crimson Guard, Greenshirts... I'm not gonna be able to keep any of this straight!

"HAHAHA! WE CAN MAKE FIGURES THAT LOOK THIS COOL BUT YOU'LL NEVER SEE THEM AT RETAIL. HAHAHA!" :(

You're wrong there, my friend. HASBRO makes GI Joe. Not Mattel :D

Anyway, two major things for me:

Deep Six- Sooooooooo........everyone raise their hands again who was PO'd that the 25th Major Bludd didn't get extra ELBOW articulation? Weeeellllllllll.......got some bad news for ya.

My imagiation ran wild thinking of what COULD HAVE been with a 25th Deep Six, so maybe I'm partly to blame for getting my hopes up. But I'm not gonna crusify Hasbro for this. It gets a big "Oh well..."

Quick Kick- scrolling through all the pics and up pops one of (probably the top three) Joes I wanted to see in 25th style. Ya hoooo!

Everything else looks great. I'll take 'em.

So... this BAT appears to be carrying the FANG bazooka of the HEAT-Viper.

Any thoughts there? Think it's just a reused weapon... or might we be getting a HEAT-Viper? I haven't heard anything about it... but as a big fan of the original HV, if someone knows differently, for the love of all that is pure, gimme a link!

Big Boa was a surprise. I'm looking forward to several of these figures.

I thought it was great too, until I realized it was a Hasbro custom figure, and won't be released at retail. :(

I was thinking the same thing about Dusty.. kinda a let down. His neck is too long, and/or his face is.. and the cloth seems to be too far up.. and his goggles dont look right because they are probably removeable @rolleye@... his head just looks off altogether.

Now that you mention it, it looks like the whole helmet is removable...I'm sure that's why his head looks so big.

Like I said before though, he looks like Cross Country...goofy and ##$%$#ed. I always imagined Dusty as more of a hardcore pretty-boy...kinda like Matt Damon in Borne Identity...except in desert fatigues...

That probably doesn't make any sense, but that was my take on him.

Now that you mention it, it looks like the whole helmet is removable...I'm sure that's why his head looks so big.

Like I said before though, he looks like Cross Country...goofy and ##$%$#ed. I always imagined Dusty as more of a hardcore pretty-boy...kinda like Matt Damon in Borne Identity...except in desert fatigues...

that ain't saying much. You imagine all guys as hardcore pretty-boys.

Matt Damon now? I remember you calling me in the middle of the night telling me every guy you saw had Brad Pitt's face.

Matt Damon now? I remember you calling me in the middle of the night telling me every guy you saw had Brad Pitt's face.

No, I specifically remember calling you and saying I wish you would father 4 foreign children with me.

If you took that as me complimenting you for looking like Brad Pitt, that's your fault...

no... that would be me! @smilepunch@

If that's your way of hitting on Clam...you keep off him.

HE'S MINE! @grumpy@

@smilepunch@

Since the first mention of this line, there are two figures I felt I must have in order to feel complete. The B.A.T. and Dusty. I'm thrilled with the B.A.T. that we're getting(but what happened to his accessories - damaged head/chestplate and drone bomb things?). Dusty was the first action figure that I ever got, and thus the one with the most emotional tie for me. This figure seems a bit of a letdown for me. Mr. Tadur had a rounder, more squared face and jaw. The helmet just looks too weird. I guess props to Hasbro for trying to make the helmet removeable, but if I can deal with BBQ having a permanent helmet to stick to the RAH look, I can do it for Dusty, too. Please Hasbro, fix him!

man dusty is dead on and even collier then i would of thought now give us foot lose with that mold. ill be a happy camper.

The armored guy is wraith and he will have a transparent variant released as well cause his thing is durining invisible.

Jay's right, also the comic pack Destro will have a black variant head.

Also notice, they've corrected the Duke arms!!!

Okay, since I was never into the later comics, I have to say Robocop...er...Wraith is kind of a crappy choice.

There are so many other classic figures that we need to see in 25th form before they start releasing crap like this.

HASBRO! PLEASE GIVE US A LOW-LIGHT! @grumpy@

So... this BAT appears to be carrying the FANG bazooka of the HEAT-Viper.

Looking at that pic again, I think I answered my own question from earlier in this thread.

Didn't the BAT from the cartoons have a red face plate?

If so, this must be one of the cartoon figs...

no... that would be me! @smilepunch@

If that's your way of hitting on Clam...you keep off him.

HE'S MINE! @grumpy@

@smilepunch@

Oh look, a girl-fight.

Wait a second...

Eh, I'll watch anyway.

Holy crap in a hat, Hasbro's done it...between the new SW figures coming out and this slew of G.I. Joe, I'm already broke. If all this is true about more production and better distribution, I'm in huge trouble.

Croc Master; Never been a fan of the character but this is great and long awaited update, sure it'll please many'a'joe-fans out there.

Serpentor; Aside from keeping that goofy-looking placid head, its a nice update. The added details to the chest are nice, the "almost kill Duke" snake spear is a great touch, and the update old school cowl works moreso than the DDP-inspired armored helmet from last time around. Now just give me a new armored Serpy and I'll be happy.

BAT; Perfect! Army builder of the year, me thinks. I'm sure I wont be able to find any of these suckers anywhere for a good long while.

Quick Kick; Again, not a character I've ever been big on but I accept his huge fan appeal. Nice to see Hasbro isn't sticking to that whole "no dead characters" thing anymore, being that the last QK figure is 13 years old now.

Dusty; Not bad, the goggles seem a little oversized for the head/helmet, but definitely a necessary figure for the team. Should fit in nicely with the exclusive Cobra desert pack too.

Mutt; Not much to say, pretty much hit the nail on the head with him.

Wraith; I can take it. I like the character design from the DDP comics although the character itself seems bland. I'm looking at it and I'm seeing SW Mandalorian customs in the works, hmm...yes. The torso armor seems to be removable, or at least with some boil'n'popping.

Nemesis Enfor...ahem...Immortal; I think I'm in the minority here, but I'm really looking forward to this one. While I think the comic pack should have incorporated another Cobra-La denizen (either Pythona or a Royal Guard) it would have been nice to see Sgt. Slaughter thrown in Falcon's place. Either way, I'm just happy to get a new Nemesis "Whatever Hasbro Calls Him Now" figure.

IG; Amazing. Hasbro did a great job with a simple headswap, making great use of Battle Armor CC's body with a great sculpt on the helmet. I'll probably snag a few of these, too bad I wont have any use for the countless Destro figures that'll build up.

Artic Set; Not bad, nice to see the Snow Serpents and a new Scrap Iron. Although I'm not fond of his body choice, hopefully we see that headsculpt return somewhere down the line.

Desert Set; Nothing special really, this will make for the third Major Bludd release including the silver repaint. Nothing to write home about but at least it gives Dusty something to do.

Cobra Paratrooper; Eh, no comment...

Some of the customs in here are fantastic. As a proud Cobra-La fan, that Royal Guard looks absolutely sick...in the best possible way, of course. You can barely make out Golobulus' back in one of the pictures, but I'd love to see some close-up shots of what the Hasbro team came up with there as well.

Like I said, I'm going to be one broke dude.

The armored guy is wraith and he will have a transparent variant released as well cause his thing is durining invisible.

Jay's right, also the comic pack Destro will have a black variant head.

Also notice, they've corrected the Duke arms!!!

Let's hope they bend better too. That TF Duke looks great though!