some newly finished customs

Mr Nobody

Here's some pics of customs I just finished the past week.:

Gaucho, by commission (A buddy of mine requested this one since I wouldn't sell him my original):

l_6566174c7277b7a4880b9a648e015369.jpg

The colors are not exact, but they're not supposed to be. :)

Red Shadow Muton trooper/robot/whatever:

l_15d9f115e308e78e7f074ce5fb591e58.jpg

Love Action Force, but don't really like Palitoys SW-style construction. Just a repaint of Deep Six.

Here's MY Convention Overlord:

l_63de00a2f1ed1f17981a64a99b2c4e13.jpg

I really didn't care for the convention version, since I really hate the Despoiler Destro and Barricade molds. The DTC Bludd helmet and Ninja Force claws didn't do anything for me either. I really think the BC Firefly mold here works better. Repainted all the gold with Tamiya gold leaf, as well as the belt, and all the black parts with Testors gloss. Overlord's original accessories and Black Dragon uzi completes it. Kinda an LBC, but I'm very happy with the results.

And my oddball custom, Taarna from Heavy Metal:

l_7568a911bfa4d817faa3290a0b1b9d3a.jpg

I had the parts for this one sitting in a baggie for about 3 years and finally finished it. Used a Baroness head and Zarana boots/right arm on a Buck Rogers Princess Ardala figure. Some elements in the body mold keep it from being completely accurate, but I think it still turned out decent. I'm happy enough.

Here's my Nullifier in Convention IG colors:

l_2a00fd6d72075b3cb5260062cb16d91f.jpg

The paintjob is a lot nicer than the picture shows, since the gloss black I used picks up EVERY DAMN BIT OF LIGHT! Those little details were more than a pain in the butt to do and all the glare kinda takes away from them, unfortunately.

With the visor down

l_b3b9569565a817533c6177e18d6fd4b2.jpg

I have 2 complete/loose ones, but I refuse to repaint the visors so I used a FastDraw one instead. I had to use the boil&reshape method to get it to stay on w/o popping off. Shaved off the hose port as well. Painted it in a matching red and put it on upside-down. I'm particularly proud of getting those runes or whatever they are on the chest painted in red so they stand out.

And here's the back view. Nothing crucial, just want to show off the detail.

l_ba3f8140b72408088c930f945fb9e9b6.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Awesome! What green did you end up using?

A different mix of combinations from my Testors 9185 set. Rob was happy with the Gaucho I made him, but the Clutch and GrandSlam I want to do are for me and I want them to look spot on when finished. Any suggestions there?

Your customs look great, very nice paint work!

Nice job on these. The gold that you used on the Nullifier is from what brand of paint?

Tamiya brand, golf leaf color (it's an enamel, though, but it works fine on the hard RAH plastic. Just give it time to dry before fiddlin' around with it ;) )

Your customs are wonderful! Are they capable of moving? They look like they are, but you know Joe customs... they're always so deceptive! ; D

Tom

Of course they can move! All my customs are poseable! :D

Thanks for all the comments too, guys. :)

Thanks, TM :)

Figured you'd like the AF stuff, Jamar ;). Here's another:

Z-Force GrandSlam

l_5bdef8b0dd53924a1900026395deeedd.jpg

Was going to wait until I had an extra set of arms, but then realized the GrandSlam I cannibalized wasn't complete anyway (had a Flash backpiece, so no guilt breaking this one apart) Rest of the recipe's as follows:

head/body/legs = Flash

waist = Breaker (any '83 swivel waist)

arms = GrandSlam (Flash/Steel Steel Brigades works too)

helmet = Ripcord

visor = S&S (any '82/83/AP visor, all the same)

Finally mixed a green that I was happy with. Gaucho was a mix of green/yellow/dk grey, this was a green/tan mix with a touch of black. Actually finished a AF Meltdown custom first(someone else's concept, but I loved the design. 334th fighting collectibles has a custom cardback if you want an idea of the character. Basically a black/green Blowtorch, vice red/yellow), but when the green dried, it was waaay too bright, ended up sea-green actually, so I added a bit more black and got a lot closer this time. Couldn't decide if I wanted pads or 'Z' 's on the biceps, so I left those blank for now. Originally used a SM Mutt helmet but it looked too 'skinny' so switched it out with a Ripcord helmet (Mainly had to do with the choice of using Flash's head, but that was a personal choice. Thought about using a Deep Six head like an older GS custom I did before, but stuck with this since AF switched it up a bit as well {their Steeler's head looking like Starduster, Quarrel like Glenda, etc. Again, just a personal choice.})

This wasn't an overly difficult custom, but it was hard to finish yesterday. Finished up the green mixture, and everything that could distract me or annoy the living hell outta me just kept happening at that point. Getting up and walking away from the table became a requirement, not just for the paint to dry, but for me to cool down. I almost thought this one wasn't meant to be, since unseen forces seemed to be conspiring against me, but finally got it finished (let out a big *WHEW!*, had some cocoa, and to bed! :D). Anywhooo, I'm very happy with the end product, but I'm taking a sabbatical before I even TOUCH the Clutch custom I want to do, or correct Meltdown's color scheme.

For the hell of it, here's the GS custom I did with Deep Six's head a few years ago:

grandslam.jpg

recipe is:

-----------------

head = Deep Six

body = Tripwire

arms = Lift-Ticket

waist = Double Blast/Roadblock V1

legs = Blizzard

feet = Rock Viper V1/Metal-Head V2

helmet/visor = accessory pack

Thanks again, folks! :)

Here's my convention Zanzibar alteration. Just a minor tweak, but a necessary one, IMO (Sorry for the glare):

l_6cf06e11d7b6a44bc2707fbc5c3551fb.jpg

Extras:

ponytail = MK Goro

gun = Pirates Of The Carribean Pintel

spear/hammer = Zanzibar V1

Why they still used the fake hair for this one I don't know, it just sucked to me. Dug out that crap, dremeled the hole out a bit more, and glued in the Goro ponyhair. I think it's a vast improvement. Used original V1 accessories instead of screwing with the convention ones (as they'd probably make good trade fodder ;), plus I just prefer the spear being brown). Painted the barb/hook on the spearhead and added a double-barreled percussion pistol from the POTC Pintel figure (the fat bald ugly guy from the Black Pearl's 'Laurel & Hardy' couple)

Semi-OT: In retrospect, I kinda wish I'd done a headswitch on the companion piece Thrasher with a head from the Comic Pack version, instead of selling it. (sold it at a loss, too @cry@ )