G.I.Joe: Rise Of Cobra

JayC

Its the first movie it should just be titled GI Joe

I agree, like Transformer.

It doesn't matter. I mean, Cobra will rise. I'd have a problem if it were called "The Return of Cobra" or "Revenge of the Fluffies"

Then again I don't care what they call it as long as the movie doesn't stink

Exactly, complaining about the title is so trivial, its a fine title.

Woah here

I wasn't complaining about the title so don't not give me this trivial crap

Question, why do you take everything so personal and give such an attitude?

Reminds me of the second incarnation of the Vector Sigma board...

Great! There going to focus on Cobra Commanders attempt to fortify his troops by way of v!agra injections for them ALL!

THE RISE OF COBRA!!

@firedevil@

ROFL YES! Cobra shall defeat GI Joe with INFERIORITY COMPLEXES! @loll@

I like the Title Its perfect. I just Hope Destro will "Rise" and eventually get the Chrome MASK. Or Im gonna Boycott this franchise faster the riseing cost of Gasoline. ILM could easily do A Great Computer animated Destro Im sure. And the Joes NEED to be seen out of there Powersuits and in there "original" gear. Even if its only Briefly at the beginning and end. Trust me Hasbro Dont Pull a JAr Jar Binks Episode 1 colossal Mistake on these 2 very important Points. We the Fans Wont Forgive and we Wont Forget.

Its the first movie it should just be titled GI Joe

I agree, like Transformer.

It doesn't matter. I mean, Cobra will rise. I'd have a problem if it were called "The Return of Cobra" or "Revenge of the Fluffies"

Then again I don't care what they call it as long as the movie doesn't stink

Exactly, complaining about the title is so trivial, its a fine title.

Woah here

I wasn't complaining about the title so don't not give me this trivial crap

Good grief, I meant in general, so stop throwing a tantrum.

Question, why do you take everything so personal and give such an attitude?

Reminds me of the second incarnation of the Vector Sigma board...

Precisely. someone clearly is sensitive.

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

There ain't a one of us that don't like having our OPINIONS minimized or "trivialized" or lumped into some category (of opinion) that is being mocked or ridiculed. Complaining about ANYTHING gets a b!tch slappin' by somebody, because what one person may like, another doesn't, and WHO is the "sensitive" one in that situation?

Who's in charge of deciding what's trivial and what's not....in a discussion about TOYS?

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

There ain't a one of us that don't like having our OPINIONS minimized or "trivialized" or lumped into some category (of opinion) that is being mocked or ridiculed. Complaining about ANYTHING gets a b!tch slappin' by somebody, because what one person may like, another doesn't, and WHO is the "sensitive" one in that situation?

Who's in charge of deciding what's trivial and what's not....in a discussion about TOYS?

Well in this case its about a movie title, but I get your point. I'm pretty neutral on the title, I pretty much know why they would go with a title such as that. I'm more

concerned on whether it would be a good quality film than a specific title.

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

Well in this case its about a movie title, but I get your point. I'm pretty neutral on the title, I pretty much know why they would go with a title such as that. I'm more

concerned on whether it would be a good quality film than a specific title.

Well, I certainly agree with that as well. If the movie itself is good, the titles hardly much of a concern, but we're getting snippets and tidbits along the way of getting to the actual premier of the movie, so the dissecting of each tidbit is probably par for the course.

Of course, as far as "trivial" goes....it's hard to ridicule a complaint about the title (by a fellow member) when the director of the movie himself, is more concerned about such issues as the BREAST size of an actress (as posted in another topic)??? @lol@

The title doesn't bother me much, but I think just plain ol' "G.I. Joe" seems more mysterious, at least to the casual movie-goer, although I think you'd have to have been living under a rock for the past forty-plus years if you didn't know what G.I. Joe was. But just the title G.I. Joe would make you want to know more or what it's all about. Consider The Matrix. Before the first film came out, I would see these ads asking, "What is The Matrix?" And you'd see teaser ads that just said, "The Matrix". They didn't say, "The Matrix: Rise of Neo" (Heh...actually, come to think of it, that sounds better than "The Matrix: Reloaded".) (lol) I don't know. It just seems like these one word, ambiguous movie titles seem cooler and more interesting. At least to me. Leave the subtitles to the sequels.

Then again, maybe the fact that everybody in the free world knows what G.I. Joe is is the reasoning behind adding the "Rise of Cobra" part. And I guess it is kinda cool and ominous to include Cobra in the title.

They Should rename it GI Joe: the Rise Cobra... LALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALA

LALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALAL

ALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALA

LALALALALLALALALALALALAL... la.

They Should rename it GI Joe: the Rise Cobra... LALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALA

LALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALA

L

ALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALAL

A

wahoo for jokes, god can you imagine Golobulus and cobra la on the big screen, more like GI Joe: Rise of the plant people

wait, u were joking right? @hmmm@

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

The thing is that offense is being taken where none was given.

Hoganvibe said he didn't care what the movie was called, he just didn't want it to stink.

azrael23 said "Exactly", which indicates AGREEMENT, not ARGUMENT, then said that complaining about the title was trivial. At no point did he even hint that he thought Hoganvibe was complaining.

Hoganvibe misunderstood and took offense when azrael23 was actually backing him up... but instead of clarifying, azrael23 actually IS arguing with him now.

No one involved in the current argument had their opinions threatened. It appears that this is a simple matter of taking things out of context. Both guys need to step back and realize they're making a fight out of nothing.

No one involved in the current argument had their opinions threatened. It appears that this is a simple matter of taking things out of context. Both guys need to step back and realize they're making a fight out of nothing.

Or they could focus on the tits.

THE TITS!!!

LALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALA

L

ALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALALALALALLALALALALALALALLALALALALALAL

A

@loll@ How to make a movie bomb in 3 steps or less

Well not sure if this is what the studio had in mind but I think it is a good indicator to general audiences that this isn't about the 12" Joes. Some of those older fans might be thinking this will be a realistic war movie based on the joes of the 60's and 70's. The "rise of cobra" part of the title pretty much lets everyone know this is about the joes from the 80's.

I agree

When I was talking to a grown son in the neighborhood after meeting me, told him what 1 of my hobby is(GI Joe), kung fu grip came to mind. GI Joe to him was the 12 in doll.

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

Hoganvibe said he didn't care what the movie was called, he just didn't want it to stink.

azrael23 said "Exactly", which indicates AGREEMENT, not ARGUMENT, then said that complaining about the title was trivial. At no point did he even hint that he thought Hoganvibe was complaining.

Hoganvibe misunderstood and took offense when azrael23 was actually backing him up... but instead of clarifying, azrael23 actually IS arguing with him now.

Hoganvibe isn't touching this thread with a 12 foot pole... well... until now. I think you mean Azrael23 and Wheeljack35... or something like that. Hoganvibe was the one that spent this entire time reading about Baroness's boobs until I saw my "codename" popping up here.

Speaking of titles... do you think that they'll call this movie "Action Force" in the UK? They could have one actor dub all of the voices just in any part that they say "GI Joe". It would be great! Wait... no it wouldn't. I'll go back to reading about boobs.

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

Hoganvibe isn't touching this thread with a 12 foot pole... well... until now. I think you mean Azrael23 and Wheeljack35... or something like that. Hoganvibe was the one that spent this entire time reading about Baroness's boobs until I saw my "codename" popping up here.

Speaking of titles... do you think that they'll call this movie "Action Force" in the UK? They could have one actor dub all of the voices just in any part that they say "GI Joe". It would be great! Wait... no it wouldn't. I'll go back to reading about boobs.

You did in fact make the post about not caring as long as it doesn't suck.

But you're right in that Wheeljack was the one getting bent out of shape... making a quote four people have contributed to can get confusing. My apologies.

Frankly, this leaves Wheeljack taking offense in the first place even more of a head-scratcher.

But you're right in that Wheeljack was the one getting bent out of shape... making a quote four people have contributed to can get confusing. My apologies.

Frankly, this leaves Wheeljack taking offense in the first place even more of a head-scratcher.

You got me there. I too have been scratching my head on this one. But I will chime in and say that the more I think about it, the more I like the title.

Do you think we're going to get "G1 Paint Varients" on the figures like we did with Transformers? I hope not.

Title be damned....the only thing I'm starting to think will "RISE" from this movie, is a foul STENCH, that only a few "circle flies" will enjoy. ;)

Easy fella's! @hmmm@

Woah .....Ok things have been settled through pm's with azreal23. I'm sorry this came up like this

Lets just drop this and just go on with the topic subject please

Title be damned....the only thing I'm starting to think will "RISE" from this movie, is a foul STENCH, that only a few "circle flies" will enjoy. ;)

I'm hoping that it will be a good "popcorn" movie. You know... the type that if you shut off your brain and cram your mouth full of popcorn it becomes a half-way bearable movie. I would understand the uniforms better if the team was the original members (the ones that all wore green), and maybe that's what they're trying to capture. But at this point, it appears to be one big crapfest.

And speaking of costumes, if the director made a big deal about making Miller's cans bigger, you'd think that they would have been featured on the Baroness poster. Just a thought.

As I said on another thread It would be cool if the Joes are mentioned in Transformers

Yeah... like "...can't we get GI Joe down here!?!?" That would be sweet. Or even better... greenshirts. I know you couldn't have Snake Eyes but if you put a bunch of no-names in GI Joe gear, that would be great as well.

maybe in TF2 they'll shoot a little nod to the Joes.. kinda how they're doing with the marvel movies... who knows maybe it could lead to a sweet GI Joe vs Transformers movie in 10 years or so.