Indiana Jones Q&A

JayC

Thanks for this oppertunity!

Will we see more 12" figures?

Will we see some of the Female figures as well, like Marion, And the female villians?

Will we see a 12" Grail knight?

Will we see a 12" Deluxe Mutt with jacket, hat, and motobike, since Mutt worn his jacket through out the entire film?

Will we see a superarticulated deluxe 12" indy, complete with a jacket and removable hat?

While the 12" cairo swordsman was great, the other two 12" villians were kind of sad.. can quality control tighten up the headsculpts?

Any hope of the smaller Indy line getting a big raider's temple playset, since the Big Millenium falcon got greenlighted?

How about a adventure heroes map room boxed set, with Indy, formal dressed Marion, and larger format anubis figures, similar to the Galactus and Fin Fang Foom superhero squad offerings?

How about a raider's temple adventure heroes set?

Hey Hasbro, just picked up the new 'Last Crusade' wave and they look fantastic!

My question is why did you folks make figures based on the third movie before the second movie (Temple of Doom)? Does the decision come from a marketing standpoint that 'The Last Crusade' is more popular and would sell better? I'm curious as to the thought process behind it. Thanks!

Greetings Hasbro!

The pack-in relic idea has been welcomed by the collector crowd and children alike. However, the dead-line for mailing off for the "special figure" is late October. Are there plans to continue with the relic pack-in and if so will there be any additional promotional mail-aways planned for 2009?

Thanks again

Good point, Psimitar... I'd love to get the 12" ark for the Indy figures, but the only really GOOD figures to date are the non talking (non Baldwin brother) Indy, and the cairo swordsman.. the other figures are shall we say, not top shelf releases, with oversized heads, or costuming issues. (Mutt should have included at least his jacket since he wore it through the entire movie.)

Additional 12" figures would get me closer to getting that sweet 12" scale ark.

Greetings Hasbro!

The pack-in relic idea has been welcomed by the collector crowd and children alike. However, the dead-line for mailing off for the "special figure" is late October. Are there plans to continue with the relic pack-in and if so will there be any additional promotional mail-aways planned for 2009?

Thanks again

Curses, my question got answered this week.

• 1 month later...

First off, thank you for this opportunity to express my frustration. Not implying that this is youre fault ( at least I hope not ) but I still have not been able to find any of the " Last Crusade " wave out here in the greater Phoenix, AZ. area. All of my Wal*Marts, Targets etc. are way overstocked with the first two initial waves of figures. I am affraid that I may never find any of the new stuff. I know that I should probably be more patient but others are having no trouble finding the new wave. What are my options ( please no scalpers )? Thanks. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings Hasbro!

Thanks again

I heard this question on another q-a with hasbro, they said that the relics would continue until early spring. Then all figures will get display bases.

• 2 weeks later...

i want to know if there's plans to release a "Marion Ravenwood" middle age figure, just like the same of indy in KOTCS

there's plans to "build a figure" based on indiana jones franchise??

ok, no plans of make "Young Indiana Jones chronicles" figures... is there plans to release one "mystery of the blues" indiana jones figure???

the deluxe line it's just awesome... got plans to release a young indy, with "indiana" the dog an the new found fedora hat??

I'm not coming down on your idea at all...but how the HELL would you do a Build a figure with this line? What would you be able to build..the elephant from Temple of Doom?

HASBRO QUESTION:

Will we ever see a Rene Belloq in white business suit--I think a 2-pack featuring Rene Belloq in white suit and hat with machine gun Vs. Indiana Jones dressed as German Soldier with bazooka would be great.

You said Marcus would not likely be a figure that would make it, what about a Colonel Dietrich from Raiders or Grail Warrior with machine gun perhaps from Last Crusade so fans can re-enact the battle scene at the end of TLC.

Will there be any playsets other than from KOTCS? I would like a playset that represents the final scene where the Ark of the Covenant is opened up..the island landscape scene would be great with stand up lights and extra melted/burnt/electrocuted/hole in the stomach German Soldiers.

Also last but not least even if for some horrible reason there is no demand for this line to continue, is it possible for Hasbro to still continue making them by agreeing to take a loss and pay out of their own pocket in order to help out those of us who do want to keep seeing and buying Indiana Jones action figures?......well....I uhh...I pretty much know the answer to that question so...never mind :P:P

Hasbro,

I'am pleased with the Indy figures. Hell, I am probably as old as the sculpter are if not older. My question: Out of the Indy 3 3/4 inch line which figure would the team say is their peach "Best one".

Please dont kill the line before the wave in 2009. Hasbro has put my favorites figures in that wave.

Thank you,

Chops

• 3 weeks later...

Could we have a deluxe Venice Catacombs Indy with torch and knight’s tomb? This would give collectors an Indy-as-professor figure, but might also appeal to kids because he’s involved in a major action sequence (the speed boat chase).

I love the Vogel figure. Would you be able to reissue him as Vogel in Black Uniform?

How about a Temple Priest with Sankara Stone – these guys are very visual and they’re involved in a fight sequence with Indy, so might appeal to kids. Plus, collectors would have to buy three of them to get a full set.

When I bought the comic book adaptation of the movie there was a leaflet in it advertising the Hasbro figures. Since Hasbro seem to be counting on the DVD release to revive sales, is there any chance of Hasbro putting a similar leaflet in the DVD cases to encourage kids to buy the figures?

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a lot of evidence that the Indiana Jones line will not be continuing. Should the line come to a close will the license be open to other toymakers to produce any Indiana Jones product? While I absolutely love the toys Hasbro has produced so far, if they are not going to continue, then I want someone else to carry on. Many of us fans have been waiting several decades for a fully realized and enduring toyline for Indiana Jones. Its a shame that it seems that it won't last long enough to finish out the prototypes you've already shown us.

TKO the OAD

Could you have made the fewer, better Indiana Jones toys rather than the many figures of mediocre quality? As a comparison, Hasbro's Star Wars figures are superior to the Indiana Jones figures and the 25th anniversary G.I. Joes are even better than either of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be possible to at least release Toht as an HTS exclusive seeing as how the figure already has a mold (used for the Cobra Commander exclusive)? If there's one figure that a lot of fans were looking forward to, it was that excellent Toht figure with alternate head. GIJoe, Marvel, and Transformers have all had exclusives on HTS. What would be the deciding factor(s) in not releasing Toht as an exclusive?