Hold That Tiger!

EvilStar

I been collecting Joe since the beginning of Joe back in '82. I'm TOTALLY into it and I picked up EVERYTHING! I had ALL the straight arms!

But I got out in 84 or 85 so I missed a lot of the later stuff and I totally missed the boat on Tiger Force. I always thought they were cheap repaints... (which I guess they are) but I thought they were one of those hoky sub-team ideas like eco-warriors or that DEA group.

Anyway, when the 25th line did TF Flint, I was like "Dang! Repaints already?" And totally I never had a real problem with the first 25th Flint Duke arms and all. Anyway, I picked up TF Flint and I was blown away. He totally kicked major A! I see on Hisstank that TF Duke is on the way and I'm totally down with it.

So I go to YoJoe and I looked up TF. Yea. They're all repaints, but they ain't so bad. Recondo and Dusty are Ok. Others are too orange like Tripwire and Skystriker. Don't dig any of those later TF's AT ALL!

So EvilStar asks...

Would you be down with an "expanded universe" TF line? Include other Joes who weren't in the original TF?

EvilStar would LOVE:

1. Grunt

2. Snake-Eyes

3. Cover Girl

4. Falcon

5. Beachhead

Dang! Hasbro's ALWAYS been into squeezing Snake Eyes into everything! How did Snake Eyes NOT make it into TF?

Intersting concept! It would lend itself well to the new line since they're kinda doing it anyway (Arctic Snake-Eyes, 'Toon Baroness, etc.). But I think Beachhead was done recently in a convention set. As for the others, sure...why not! I love Tiger Force myself.

I'm with DPrime on wanting so see some Tiger Force vehicles, but I'd also like to see most of the TF members made as well. Especially Beachhead, Crosshair, Dusty, Lifeline, Outback, Recondo, Roadblock, Stalker, & Wild Bill.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Dart & Pathfinder would be good additions to this team?.

While we're at it. Can we get some Python Patrol vehicles & members, too?

I'm with DPrime on wanting so see some Tiger Force vehicles, but I'd also like to see most of the TF members made as well. Especially Beachhead, Crosshair, Dusty, Lifeline, Outback, Recondo, Roadblock, Stalker, & Wild Bill.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Dart & Pathfinder would be good additions to this team?.

Yeah, I think we need more Python Patrol vehicles more than anything else. What's gonna tow that ASP?

Did Wild Bill ever get a TF figure? It seemed like he was going to come with the Tiger Fly but the art was changed to look like Recondo instead and WB was thrown out.

The first Pathfinder was not that far off with his pants camo so he could just get changed a little and fit right in. For some reason I keep thinking Dart was done in TF colors.

They could make Skystriker again but get him a little more of an unique look. He really could use his own head.

I always thought Gung-Ho and Airborne would make nice additions to TF.

Yeah, I think we need more Python Patrol vehicles more than anything else. What's gonna tow that ASP?

I have always wanted a Python HISS and Stinger.

Wild Bill was released as TF member with the Tiger Storm Copter. His pants had "tiger" stripes. Though the colors didn't really scream Tiger Force like say the TF Roadblock that was released around the same time.

Since we've already started with Tiger Force Flint, we might as well keep going. Duke, Bazooka, Roadblock, Tripwire and maybe Wreckage seem to be the next logical choices by Hasbro since they've already got 25th Anniversary molds.

Same would go for Python Patrol. We've got Copperhead, Vipers, Crimson Guards, Cobra Soldiers, and Tele Viper molds already.

Those look like Battle Packs to me... 5 figures from each team.

All I care about is Dusty - in his regular desert gear and then a Tiger Force repaint later.

[

Hmmm... my story with PP is pretty much the same as with TF. Missed them the first time around but TOTALLY dig the 25th A PP Officer. Then I looked up the PP at YouJoe and I'm like "Dang! The PP Officer is the only good one!" Guess I'm all about the black with the yellow and gray details. But everyone else in the PP is all yellow with big x's on them. Eff that noise! And the vehicles all look like purple plums.

Would love a TF Vamp and a Crimson Guard HISS.

That would TOTALLY rock.

Dang! Hasbro's ALWAYS been into squeezing Snake Eyes into everything! How did Snake Eyes NOT make it into TF?

He was smart enough to tell Hasbro to "STICK that Tiger Force BULLSH@# up their arses!!" There wasn't no way, no HOW he was getting painted up in Green and bright Yellow tiger stripped pajama's for some damn repaint set.

ATTA BABY SNAKE EYES!!

athumbsupsf2.png

Too bad he didn't know enough of what was to come regarding his move into the era of neon NINJA wear, but then again...

knowing IS half the battle! @loll@

Y'know, it didn't occur to me that they could easily do a PP Viper and Tele-Viper already. Sweet! And as for that TF Falcon, I forgot about that Chinese TF repaint. And yes, they could also do TF Beachhead and Wreckage, but wouldn't they essentially be the same figure now that they share the same body sculpt?

I still think EvilStar's not too way off base; I'd like to see other figures get the TF/PP/NF treatment that maybe didn't in the original line. For example, I know Spirit was re-released in the Slaughter's Marauders line, but I think he'd make an excellent team member for Night Force. Same goes for Scarlett. Ahh...I'm just a sucker for (good) repaints I guess. At the end of the day, I'm just easy. (lol)

clam would totally be down with a Tigerforce set. Clam was hardcore when they came out in the 80's and clam bought them all.

Clam would love to see the original Tigerforce from RAH, the American set and the European set too maybe...

but none of the GvC or VvV figures. Those aint real Joes. Clam is only down for real Joes.

Wild Bill was released as TF member with the Tiger Storm Copter. His pants had "tiger" stripes. Though the colors didn't really scream Tiger Force like say the TF Roadblock that was released around the same time.

I'm looking at Yojoe right now and I don't think you could call either Wild Bill or the Tiger Storm "Tiger Force". There's one that's apparently packaged with Roadblock with a Tiger Force logo, and that fits the bill, but they don't really fit in with the RAH TF stuff of course (to me at least)...

[

Hmmm... my story with PP is pretty much the same as with TF. Missed them the first time around but TOTALLY dig the 25th A PP Officer. Then I looked up the PP at YouJoe and I'm like "Dang! The PP Officer is the only good one!" Guess I'm all about the black with the yellow and gray details. But everyone else in the PP is all yellow with big x's on them. Eff that noise! And the vehicles all look like purple plums.

I used to think that too, until I saw a big diorama at last year's convention. You'd be surprised how well the Python Patrol figures blend into jungle scenery.

You guys keeping harpin' on about wanting MORE Tiger Force painted sets, and next thing ya know Hasbro's gonna start thinkin' kids want COLORFUL and BRIGHT stuff! @hmmm@

Neon Pink and Blue NINJA's are only a hop, skip and a jump away. @haha@

It would be nice to see a remolded 25th Rattler and then a Tiger Rat after that.

This thread reminds me of when DarthJoe was totally hardcore into Ninja Force, and thought everything else in GI Joe was the SUXXORZ BIGTIME. All DarthJoe bought was 100's of Ninja Force figures cause DarthJoe knows ninjas are the awesomest with neon weapons.

Then DarthJoe bought the 25th comic pack with Ace and DarthJoe realized the awesomeness of the the GI Joe pilots from the 80's so DarthJoe bought all of the 25th anniversary figures. DarthJoe was like "Dang! That rocks."

So now DarthJoe bought some of the Megatron and Optimus Prime from the totally kickass Transformers Classics line and they are the BOMB!

But DarthJoe still likes Low-Light the best cuz snipers PWN face.

I'm looking at Yojoe right now and I don't think you could call either Wild Bill or the Tiger Storm "Tiger Force". There's one that's apparently packaged with Roadblock with a Tiger Force logo, and that fits the bill, but they don't really fit in with the RAH TF stuff of course (to me at least)...

[

I used to think that too, until I saw a big diorama at last year's convention. You'd be surprised how well the Python Patrol figures blend into jungle scenery.

http://www.joebattlelines.com/jmto/2007%20...le%20Temple.avi

Is this what you're referring to?

-Kevin

http://www.joebattlelines.com/jmto/2007%20...le%20Temple.avi

Is this what you're referring to?

-Kevin

WOW! That's AMAZING! :o

Python Patrol made a helluva lot more sense to me than the whole Tiger Force theme, appearance and purpose (what have you) and they definitely LOOKED a lot better as far as color scheme.

I was in the same boat as a kid, I hated the Tiger force stuff but when I got back into it as an adult the Tiger Force stuff had a whole new appeal. Some are a little overwhelming but others are great. I hardly use these in my Dio's. So they don't really fit in with the camos I like to see with my other Joes but they always have prominent placement in my collection.

The Flint was done remarkably well. The colors are muted enough that they work well. But i wouldn't want to see a bunch of brightly colored figures.

What exactly was Tiger Force's purpose??

ashrugspf5.gif

Never made any sense to me. Not as easily as say Python Patrol, Night Force or Sky Patrol. Tiger Force seemed to be the only thing they could come up with, in order to utilize old molds for new sets at the time, and a goofy tiger pattern popped into someone's head?

I never bought them as a kid but loved them as an adult.

I still bought them when they came out, but only as a young aspiring "completest". ^_^ Never have liked the concept or patterns.