Sign in to follow this  
kidmold

How do you price things

I have a serious question and since you guys are in the know here it goes. For about the last 8-10 years I have been putting away 3 ¾ Joes and their weapons. I bought collections at toy shows when were doing them, off ebay and so on to fill in my collection and because I know, being in the diecast business, what items usually do after their 25th Anniversary.

I have most likely between 8-9,000 loose figures, about 4,500 of them are complete with their weapons in clam shells graded (by me not AFA) and ready to sell, the rest are in 5 55 gallon trash cans and there are 3 55 gallon trash cans full of weapons and accessories. I kept only the clean and near mint or above figures and thru time put the others on ebay and sold them in lots of 25 so there is no junk in what is left. I also have at least 25 cases of every release of product from 2000 onward. Some I have much much more (I have 100 cases of wave 6), this included all the 2 packs, single (CVS cases), 3 packs, 6 packs, and vehicle assortments. There are about 9 pallets of stuff.

I was talking with my wife and we were thinking of throwing a bunch of stuff in the Suburban and running down to the convention but I have no idea how to price the stuff.

So the question is:

How do you price the items to sell? Is there a good guide? On line site?

I have sealed cases of stuff from 84 – 88 and then from 2000 on as well.

I am keeping my complete loose collection and my complete packaged collection and my prototypes. This is just the investment stuff that I am thinking of selling. Or maybe it is not worth getting the forklift out and taking them down from the pallet racks?

I am not all that interested in auctions so I am trying to set prices and let them go.

Any help would be nice. ALSO NOTHING IS FOR SALE YET. I HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO PRICE IT AND THEN DECIDE TO SELL IT. BEFORE ANYTHING WILL BE FOR SALE.

If I grab a few boxes and fly to he convention, what years are people looking for?

Thanks in advance,

Fred