In the Driver's Seat!

EvilStar

For me .....

-Hotseat

-Long Range

-Cold Front

-Major Storm

-Rumbler

now that's hardcore.. most people don't even know who those people are.. If you don't know what vehicles these guys drive(without looking at Yojoe).. you're far from Hardcore

Exactly.

Except all those characters suck.

That all depends on ones imagination and use of them......

I was never a fan of them either.

Hotseat (Raider) Love the vehicle, but never thought he went with it. Crazy orange pants and funky helmet.

Long Range (Thunderclap) Again, he was a weirdo. I didnt understand his outfit either.

Cold Front (Avlanche) He was okay. Funky vehicle and so he went with it fine.

Major Storm (General) Now he was pretty decent too... LOVED the vehicle

Rumbler (Crossfire) now he was okay, but his pants were too light to go with that dark jacket. lol

What about the Long Range that drove the R.O.C.C.?

At least he's started liking some of the '85 stuff

Dude, I'm down with SOME post-85 stuff. I like Tunnel Rat and Falcon.

Then I see cr@p like Croc Master and that guy with the crystal ball and I'm TOTALLY out!

I'm prolly the BIGGEST Joe fan eva but when I see clips like someone posted where Cobra Commander has a ray that turns snakes into Python Patrol planes, even I got to call it quits. That's TOTALLY shark jumping!

1. Clutch

2. Steeler

3. Cover Girl

4. Frostbite

5. Keel Haul

I think my list is the best but this is close.

A lot of the others have too many stupid characters I'm really hoping Hasbro blows off. "Tollbooth?" Dang, Dude! REALLY? That is the most lame name I eva heard! Where's his partner, Stopsign? Or Fire Hydrant?

I totally think that GI JOe is a line that got as bad as it was good!

A lot of the others have too many stupid characters I'm really hoping Hasbro blows off. "Tollbooth?" Dang, Dude! REALLY? That is the most lame name I eva heard! Where's his partner, Stopsign? Or Fire Hydrant?

hahahaha. I think those guys were repaints in the ACTION FORCE line.

hahahaha. I think those guys were repaints in the ACTION FORCE line.

Yeah, Bro! Totally!

Imagine your being held prisoner by Cobra...

We could send in a guy named HAWK... TORPEDO... SNAKE-EYES... or we could send a guy named Tollbooth!

Who would YOU count on to save you? Tollbooth! Where's that rolleyes smiley?

Seriously tho, the main reason I'm not so down with post-85 Joe is that there are a lotta stupid unnecessary Joes like Tollbooth. It's like they ran out of cool names and ideas. As like as they stay very military and real, I dig it. I can go for a Ripcord and I dig Dusty and Footloose (even tho they both have sissy names!)

Now... before someone points it out to me, I did suggest Tollbooth originally and then added him to my "won't make it unless in comic pack" list. I got my Bridgelayer out of the basement and took a look at the figure. I must say... it's the ugliest Joe in my collection.

I basically just want a second Bridgelayer and I don't care if they put a different driver in. Cover Girl? Sure... I guess. I always thought the Wolverine looked funny. Duke with variant hard hat...? well... maybe not any driver.

Tollbooth might not look as bad if he had a removable vest like Wild Bill. I think he would have looked better with the green helmet instead of orange, like in the cartoon.

The name Tollbooth really is not that itimidating but who's going to tell that to a guy with a sledgehammer. He seemes more like he should be working the Check Point than anything.

I always thought Footloose was a silly name. It sounds like he stepped on a landmine or something.

1. Clutch

2. Steeler

3. Cover Girl

4. Frostbite

5. Keel Haul

I think my list is the best but this is close.

I totally think that GI JOe is a line that got as bad as it was good!

Tollbooth may be a lame name but he's a solid choice for a character. You need combat engineers in a team like GI Joe and without him they're sorely lacking...

Hell, the only reason I ever bought MOST vehicles, was for the individual and UNIQUE driver or pilot that came with them. :) Of course a lot of vehicles were cool, but just sayin'.

Had they tossed a repaint of Snake Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow or Destro in there (like they do today) I'd probably have a lot LESS dust collecting vehicles layin' around.

Heavy Metal, Thunder, Aero Viper, Frostbite....

probably the few of my favorites.

I always thought Footloose was a silly name. It sounds like he stepped on a landmine or something.

Can't get past the Kevin Bacon movie in my head.

When's Hasbro coming up with a Joe named Flashdance and one called Fame? Fame can be the Public Information Officer.

C'mon guys!

Hama wasn't THAT reckless in his naming of these great characters for the ARAH team.

Go back and read the filecards....it ALL makes sense.

footloosefilecardar1.png

captain of the TRACK team.......Footloose?

weird, out there, pondering something COSMIC, utter pointlessness....Footloose "and fancy free"??

^_^

Can't get past the Kevin Bacon movie in my head.

When's Hasbro coming up with a Joe named Flashdance and one called Fame? Fame can be the Public Information Officer.

Hey, you are supposed to be ignoring me.

Remember how you totaly BURNED!!! me?

jef_char_03.jpg

Going to have some weird responses for you.

1. DUKE yes duke, the one that come with the desert humvee in the vvv line. That looks like an amazing dessert outfit, and i'd love to have an extra to make an updated doc.

2. Tan Clutch

3. Cover Girl

4. Slipstream (The new VVV version)

5. Frostbite.

But y'know cobra had some great vehicle drivers too. Decimater (the guy in the coat and visor if i'm remembering right) and maggot. Even the new stuff had some good ones. Out of all the neo-vipers the blue one with the strike hiss was best not to mention the new wildweasal. Hey wait that's another list.... mmm... just one more...? Oh yeah the Coils from spytroops!

Hey, you are supposed to be ignoring me.

Remember how you totaly BURNED!!! me?

Chill, Bro.

EvilStar's TOTALLY the Jesus! He's all about forgiving. You learned your lesson.

aslapsheadhx4.gif

VH thinks it's time to pull out the TROLL test...and checkmark ALL that apply!

trolltestyg1.png

Covergirl - a personal favorite and one of the three missing from the 82-84 era (zap and short-fuze also)

Cutter - Coast Guard all the way (hopefully with the whale too)

Keel Haul - We need the Admiral

Cross Country - most won't agree with me, but I always liked him (also want another HAVOC)

Thunder - most won't agree with me again, but I always liked him too

Well, I'm gonna chime in here too:

My favs:

Skidmark. Doesn't get any respect, just drives the Desert Fox, has a kinda dopey colour scheme, but the figure is an excellent sculpt.

Frostbite. Good sculpt with that M-16 with the starlight scope just sold me on the guy--and the Snowcat.

Ice-Vipers. Its the sais, chicks love the sais. I loved the COBRA Wolf--one of the best COBRA vehicles ever done.

Strato-vipers. Never had a Night-Raven, but came close a few times.....but has the Strato-viper. Just a great sculpt.

Windchill. Always kind of liked the Arctic Blast as a weird kind of vehicle design, Windchill was just a great sculpt to go along with that.

Going to have some weird responses for you.

1. DUKE yes duke, the one that come with the desert humvee in the vvv line. That looks like an amazing dessert outfit, and i'd love to have an extra to make an updated doc.

4. Slipstream (The new VVV version)

I'd like to see a GI Joe line that is not the movie, not a "tribute" line... but something that represents the armed forces and the equipment that they have today. The Duke with the humvee and the Slipstream/Ace that came with the F-22 were cool! Those are some pretty good choices.

Cross Country - most won't agree with me, but I always liked him (also want another HAVOC)

Thunder - most won't agree with me again, but I always liked him too

My grandma got a HAVOC for me and my brother one Christmas and at first we didn't like it (we wanted a Skystriker). But we ended up playing with it A LOT! The hovercraft thing-a-ma-bober was a great toy (especially in the back yard "combat missions"). Cross Country was dressed kinda goofy, but I think that they could make him better.

Wasn't Thunder the guy with the scope that he wore around his neck? I can't remember what vehicle he came with but the figure looked pretty good.

And I've decided to dust off the Bridgelayer and make a custom 25th anniversay Tollbooth. I want to get rid of the orange helmet and the ugly-beyond-ugly face and see what I come up with. I figure that Hasbro will never make this guy (although they're making a Nemesis Immortal)

Wasn't Thunder the guy with the scope that he wore around his neck? I can't remember what vehicle he came with but the figure looked pretty good.

Yes, he had the scope accessory and he came with the badass SLUGGER!!

sluggerthundermc9.png

Great vehicle with a great figure.