Has anyone seen this Spidey figure before ?!

OddbodJunior

Hello, 1st post . .. er, so be kind ?!

robotspidey.jpg

Has anyone seen this figure before ? It's in a Spiderman 2 movie box, and definitely nothing to do with the film . . er, unless I blinked and it went all cartoony for a second ?

It's like a robot version of him (robot spine, see through bits etc.), I've had a quick scour around the net, but can't find any robot related spidey business apart from that god-awful robo-sapien spidey .. !

Is it from a comic book story?

What collection/Range/Series is it REALLY from?

Any help would be appreciated . . thanks !

how about a pic of the full package please, it could be someone opened it and replaced the figure in side but that spidey looks better than any cra* movie toy out there so I don't see why they would :D There have also been a few robot/cyborg spideys made by toybiz I think however I do not think that is one of them

Here we go . .

sp2.jpg

It was in the middle of loads of assorted spidey figures in a cheap supermarket . .

We've been getting a strange bunch of figures turning up in shops over here in England, they look like the manufacturer has just chucked whatever they had left in packages and pushed them at retailers . . My son picked up a Legends:Showdown figure last week that was all wrong .. He had a Punisher body with a Captain America head . . and was packaged in a Black Spiderman box . . it sort of worked though . . he loves it ?!

Last time I looked, there was someone selling a similar one on eBay . . yep, just checked, it's there . . Item 370060968833, with this comment in the description 'this is a must for any series collector as who knows what this will be woth in a few years time' ? . . I doubt if anyone will be that giddy about it in a few years ?!

Anyway, back to the point . . ! Is the original of this weird figure I have from the spiderman classics range at some point ? I'm trying to find a link to a site that may have a list all of 'em, but I aint having much luck . .

Thanks for all your help with this !

• 3 weeks later...

Hm...you're the second person to find this in this packaging. Another dude (don't remember who) posted these up (there were others; classic figs in movie packaging) and he was asking about them. We all assumed they were figure swaps...but...you've found some as well. Strange. I kinda wish that would show up here, 'cause I want that version of him as well (I've got the original one; he's just so awesome that I'll take whatever repaint they give me). I missed the original release of that particular repaint, but he was in the last "Web Splashers" wave for whatever reason.

• 1 month later...