Hot Toys Dark Knight Figures

NightCreeper

It's a box like DCD's, but it has a slip cover you'll have to pop off.

cr0w I finaly got it!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Now let me ask you a question if that's ok. I've noticed on the box where it says "collector's edition" & goes on to say in a solid white box "MMS67".

so does that mean my figs number is #67?

the only effed up thing with you SQ, is that....you are a MOC collector(not really effed up...u know what i mean) you seem to have a lot of slick stuff....all in plastic/cardboard prisons... @sad@

Ssshhh, don't tell the other MOCs, but I just had to know how Bats feels. So I gently peeled back the circul wafer sticker & slid out the insert tray.

That's as far as I dare go tho. I did bend his arm (it feel wierd but smooth). just bending that one arm I can tell the craftmanship in this fig is outstanding!! He's all pack up again with no signs of tampering.*smile*

stop playing and open the damn doll! you know you want to.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So word is out that HT is coming out with a bank robbery joker! no pics online yet, but according to cornerstorecomics.com, he'll come with two heads, the goon mask, a duffel bag, and some guns. Expected to be released in december.

Having already ordered the other one, and considering that's pretty much his iconic look for the majority of the film, I'd be pretty dubious about buying another joker.

but then again, once pics are up, you never know... ;)

Well, I think I've gotten the face paint to where I'm finally happy with it. It's amazing what a little shading on the brow will do, because without any black paint on it, it looks far too pronounced, but with a little wash, it blends into the sculpt and makes everything look much better.

repaint1-1.jpg

repaint4.jpg

repaint5.jpg

repaint2.jpg

Well, I think I've gotten the face paint to where I'm finally happy with it. It's amazing what a little shading on the brow will do, because without any black paint on it, it looks far too pronounced, but with a little wash, it blends into the sculpt and makes everything look much better.

repaint1-1.jpg

repaint4.jpg

repaint5.jpg

repaint2.jpg

NICE.

Apparently HT is makeing its 1st variant 12" Joker (that is if you want to call it a variant).

BANK ROBBERY JOKER!!!! Yup, I got mine all pre-orderd over at BBTS & after googleing "image of Hot Toys Bank Robbery Joker" a few pics popped up of a protoype. It look GREAT! he's wareing his two pice thug suit & is shown with a replica of the hand gun he used to rob the bank.

Its real early in the process & there's not much in term of a break down on what he'll come with, but I think in the coming weeks we'll learn more.

• 1 month later...

WAKE UP!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!! WAKE UP EVERYONE WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE JOKERS ARE COMING THE JOKERS ARE COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU THERE, ON THE STREET, BOY! WHAT DAY IS IT?!

boy: DAY??? WHY IS CHRISTMASS DAY!!

they did it all in one night, the sprits did it all in one night. WELL OF CORSE THEY DID, THERE THE SPRITS!!! LAMO LAMO LAMO!!!

Well I guess your all wondering what the "DICKENS" (get it dickens, Charles Dickens, Christmass Carole). well any way YES PEOPLE BBST just charged my bank card! & you all know what that means!

Oh God I'm gonna burst from sheer joy!! Thank God I don't gotta work tomorrow, bc i'd NEVER be able to get back to sleep with this gift from God edging ever so close on becoming a reality!!!

only bad part was, once again I was caught with my pants down. I mean that litteraly as well as figuratively. see I was..........well let's just say the Queen was sitting on her throne......um, "unloading the main cargo bay" (if you catch my drift), when suddenly my PDA web alert came thru alerting me to both bank activity on my accounts & an email from BBTS informing me JOKER HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But like I said, I was caught unprepared. I only had about 40 something bucks in my account. But! my bank will float the loan "so-to-speak" to the tune of two $35 over draft fees. yeah I know, its kind of a downer.....................BUT THEN I THINK ABOUT THE JOKER HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP & REJOICE!!!!!!!!

yeah in case ur wondering I'm on my 2nd 2liter of Mountain Dew. I know, I know................"Queen lay off the dew".

I'm a lil surprised that no one has either posted in here or started a new thread now that the HT Jokers are out. Matter of fact I'm beguing to wonder just how many of us got them? Well any who I got mine & here's my lil review for what ever its worth.

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENCE! I remember a long while back one one of the news boards a story about Hot Toys feeling the need to greatly improve their product. & there was also something about DCD 1:6 Joker & how good it was in comparison to HTs. Well now that I finaly have both right here in front of me, I can see for my self just what the fuss was over.

1st, YES HOT TOYS JOKER is the BOMB! there is no question that its a better product than DCD. BUT! HT didn't exactly win by a landslide if u know what I mean. The HT body is much better at looking "real" than DCD. DCD looks like a doll straped down w/wire ties & such. but HT Joker looks like a miniture man standing behind a wall of clear plastic. Matter of fact u can't even see any of the HT wire tie downs.

& of corse anyone with a set of working eyes can see that HT head sculpt is by far better (but only in detail). & by that I mean "bone structure" & how its been re-created. believe it or not I think DCD scuplt has Ledger's jaw line & nose just a tad more correct that HT. DCD also more accuratly captrued Ledger's lips (the bottem lip has that lil split in that Heath has), this is not present in HT's Joker.

But after that HT goes on to do a way better job on the hair, forhead, scar tissue, & eyes. Matter of fact, if I had to say, I'd say the eyes are the center pice of the whole figs scuplt. HT also does a better job on the cloths (except for the sport blazer & vest). DCD did a better job with the vest materials & the bottons. The DCD bottons don't have holes that the thread goes thru during stiching. also DCD sport blazer has better material (how ever the bottons are on the wrong side for a mans sport coat).

All of HTs pockets are real & the chaine on the pants is very cool.

You guys, it's cr0w. Stupid enewsi registration keeps me from logging in under that name, so screw it. Anyway, check this out.

If any of you frequent the Sideshow Freaks message board, you'll have probably heard of Chris Howes. He does freelance sculpt work and recently he did his own Joker sculpt for people that are dissatisfied with Hot Toys' first Joker figure. The first batch has gone out and is being painted by a gentleman named Kuato, and he's just unveiled the first fully painted production sample to those of us who commissioned them. Check it out.

Picture_1816_2_1.jpg

Picture_18171.jpg

He also did a "licky" version, which I love but am on the fence about still.

Picture_1657.jpg

Picture_1662_2_.jpg

Picture_1663.jpg

I just figured some of you DK and 1/6 collectors that hadn't seen these yet might enjoy a look at these.

Hay cr0w!! what up bud & thanks for the pics. plus I think I owe u an appolgy. u were right about HT's Joker's nose not being quite right.

They also didn't get the jaw line right either. But this new guy your showing us IMO doesn't have Ledger's jaw line right either, but they do good on the nose.

Like go find a copy of "Knight's Tale" where Ledger close up shows just how his jaw line, nose, & the "pout" of his bottem lip realy is.

No worries...there's still very little of Ledger in HT's first sculpt to my eyes, but it's still a really, really good Joker sculpt. I think Chris nailed it, except for maybe the chin being a little too pronounced and the rest of the jaw not being as square as it should. Either way, at least he doesn't look 80 thanks to a hell of a lot of wrinkles and pockmarks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...